Early Birthday Presents For Me

Ruin

Hoge OM GHILLIE Green Stock

Harris UL Bipod

Tasco Golden Antler Series Scope (cheap, nice, crystal clear) - bought the wrong size rail for this, so I don't have it installed just yet. Feels and looks like a great scope (for under $50!). Can't wait to take her to the range.

A+ to Cabela's for customer service. I'm moving, their projected date of delivery was 4 days to late. I called, and it arrived today (instead of monday). However... B- for their Orders Department... I THOUGHT I ordered my stock for the standard barrel, and somehow I got one for a BBL. Upon further inspection I see there was no indication from Cabela's regarding what size barrel it was for. So I guess it's partly my fault for not triple checking sizes and theirs for not telling me what size it is. Whatever, no big deal. A small gap to deal with for another 18+ days until my birthday... then I'll get a BBL. Anyway, here are some pics.

*Pardon the mess, I'm moving out tomorrow. Ehhh... :mellow:

s59701712_30787352_9895.jpg

Before

s59701712_30787353_237.jpg

Different Lighting

s59701712_30787354_523.jpg

Different Lighting

s59701712_30787355_815.jpg

Part of the family - not everyone is pictured.

s59701712_30787356_1142.jpg

Mock-Up of final assembly. Just need a different rail.

EDIT: Finished... for now. Need a new BBL and to mediablast/refinish.

s59701712_30787550_5949.jpg

s59701712_30787551_6269.jpg

s59701712_30787552_6565.jpg

s59701712_30787553_6889.jpg

First impressions...

I ######ING LOVE IT!

This thing is hot. It feels nice, has a great weight. The Hogue stock is great. Why buy anything else? The scope just feels so right, and looks bad ass on there. And.. it's a Harris bipod, 'nuff said.

Range report later - barrel shopping right now, seeing as I now have a slightly annoying gap to fill :devil:

Oh yeah... total price... including the rifle...

$350

And with .22lr at ~$13/550rds - you can bet I'm gonna shoot the crap out of this thing.

Thanks Whisper.

I've had nothing but roaring success with Remington Gold. The only problems I've had are because of my VERY dirty magazine. I'm going to buy a couple extras and deep clean the one I have now. Federal Bulk goes for cheap too.

Once I get my new barrel I'll get a little more selective on ammo. But at the end of the day, it's still a .22lr. Next project (in the rimfire family) is a little bolt action. Haven't picked one yet though.

Winchesters Dynapoints in the bulk box used to be some of the best stuff for the price. I'm not even sure if you can still get it, its been a few years since I've shot my 10/22 beyond a few rounds for fun or extermination jobs. I've got a Bushnell Banner in 6-18x40AO that I switch between my 10/22 and the 96/17. It's a good reach "out and touch 'em" scope for a small price, as is the Simmons Whitetail Classic.

My birthday is coming up on the 22nd. Makes me feel like splurging on an Aimpoint or Eotech for my AR. ;)