Ghost Recon.net Forums

Sorry if this is either posted in the wrong section, or if it has been posted already. I didn't see it posted anywhere else.

Anyways, just logged on to Steam and noticed they released the Ghost Recon Collection for $36.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Complete Pack

You get:

Ghost Recon

Desert Siege

Island Thunder

GRAW 1

GRAW 2

Great deal for those who haven't gotten some of these yet. Or those who would like to have it in digital format.

You can also purchase separately.

Should be, all the games that I have bought over steam have been compatible with the original CD/DVD versions. It's the same game, just distributed a different way.

Steam does have their own patch system though. Same patch, but it just auto-updates for you.

Mods work the same way as usual, just in a different directory (Steam directory).

So, is it US only??

Yes <_<

the new Ubisoft "largest catalogue of games on steam from any single publisher or developer" are not available outside of North America. :(

and the reason

"In North America Steam is used a lot more, there are more online sales there and offering the games on Steam isn’t free so Ubisoft chose to only target that market”.

man that company really doesn't have a clue :wall:

...why do I get the mental image of them being managed by the pointy haired boss

....nah, strike that, he'd do a better job

Oh man, it might be simple economics to the book keepers at Ubisoft, but this is another gaff for consumer relations.

:wall:

offering the games on Steam isn’t free

Read

We don't make enough margin in Europe

Oh man, it might be simple economics to the book keepers at Ubisoft, but this is another gaff for consumer relations.

:wall:

offering the games on Steam isn’t free

Read

We don't make enough margin in Europe

And people wonder why I am so hard on Ubi. Business 101 tells about not dumping (lack of a better term) half your market (actually, in this case 4/5ths the world) or customer base. Ubi is doing this in spades. One has to wonder where they got their business sense at. :wacko:

This actually goes deeper than customer relations.

It really annoys me that a company knowing this less what costumers want still exists. I want to see nothing more but Ubi having to close its doors. They nearly had me there in giving money to them - thank you Ubi for reminding you why I didn't buy anything with those 3 letters and the other 4 for quite a while now and why it will stay that way.

Please god, let it rain brains.

Edited by rookie

yeh but still rather have the hard copys with nice cases and manuals etc :)

Very true, I still prefer the hard copies. However, I also like to put my games up in storage. So Steam is becoming a great way of doing games. I'm growing on it. When I want to launch a game, I don't have to go searching through my shelf for the game. I just double click the game I wanna play and voila. :P

Plus I never did pick up GRAW2 for the PC, so this is a great way for me to get that game and have a digital copy of the other GR's, since my GR games are a little scratched :( (I didn't take care of my games back then).

OK, not using Steam myself I find this rather odd. I understand regional restrictions for a new game (marketing and whatnot) but why do it for old games?

Sure, it isn't free to distribute your games via Steam, but from Ubi's statements it sounds as if there are considerable up front costs involved per region and per game (thus, you need to be sure to sell a lot of copies to turn a profit), which I really don't understand.

Of course, there could be other reasons. Steam games are sold in US$ right? With the Dollar being so low these days maybe they make more Euro's selling the older games via retail in Europe?

Too bad really. If they made a habit out of releasing craxed .exe files for their games I might even be tempted to buy them.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

yeh but still rather have the hard copys with nice cases and manuals etc :)

Very true, I still prefer the hard copies. However, I also like to put my games up in storage. So Steam is becoming a great way of doing games. I'm growing on it. When I want to launch a game, I don't have to go searching through my shelf for the game. I just double click the game I wanna play and voila. :P

Plus I never did pick up GRAW2 for the PC, so this is a great way for me to get that game and have a digital copy of the other GR's, since my GR games are a little scratched :( (I didn't take care of my games back then).

yeh like i said i like the hard copies, i have orange box,race07 etc i bought from shops, but like you say i can now play them useing steam without putting discs in drive.

Should I buy the 3 GR Games from STEAM? I have a steam account with CSS, DoD:S on it, but they were purchased from the store. If I just buy GR1 and the 2 expansion packs its around 20 dollars, or should I actually purchase a hard copy?

BTW, do people still play [GR] online? Been a while, lost my [GR] disc while moving from my house to a college apartment lol.

Should I buy the 3 GR Games from STEAM? I have a steam account with CSS, DoD:S on it, but they were purchased from the store. If I just buy GR1 and the 2 expansion packs its around 20 dollars, or should I actually purchase a hard copy?

BTW, do people still play [GR] online? Been a while, lost my [GR] disc while moving from my house to a college apartment lol.

It's all up to personal preference. You can still find [GR] in stores, but you won't find a deal like this in a store.

If you like the hard copy, then go for that. If you don't mind having a "digital archive" of GR, then go for Steam.

If you don't mind either one, flip a coin. :P

Me personally, once the money is in the bank for me... I'm buying the Steam version.

I'm sure that there's plenty of people playing [GR]. They are most likely playing mods or different maps. Since GR is full of both. There aren't anywhere near the amount of people playing like say, Call of Duty 4. But still there's a lot of people playing for an old game. A lot of vets who know what they are doing as well.

So if you do get back into GR, then expect to get a lot of mods lol.

This site has a lot of the popular mods out there, if not all of them :P