W40k: Dow2 New E308 Cinematic Trailer

• 2 weeks later...

If it is Tyranids, that will be the only thing to possibly bring me to DoW2, being that what the first [gameplay] trailer showed was, IMO, not very good. It's not a Necron invasion that's for sure - if it was, they'd be coming through the ground. Although I'd love to see Necrons and Tau in DoW2 but I doubt we'd get them in the standard release of the game. Also, it would be have to some race very hard to defeat for the Eldar farseer to say "No, it's THEIR planet" pointing to an invading force in the sky (which I can't actually see, but everyone who commented on the video site can see them), the Eldar just don't give up that easily. Hell, they were almost entirely wiped out by Chaos a long time ago (the Slaanesh god (the female Chaos god - 'The Keeper of Secrets'?) used to be an Eldar god, but then she defected to the darkside, literaly). That narrows it down to two races: Necrons or Tyranids. But I'm 90% certain that Necrons would not launch an aerial assualt like what's shown in the vid, and I'm 95% sure we won't be seeing Necrons in stock DoW2. So that leaves just the Tyranids.

So we now know for a fact that the Space Marines are in the game (albeit that damn Blood Ravens chapter again. Hello Relic, wake the hell up, give us something new), along with Orks and Eldar. If Tau AND Necrons ARE also included, this will DEFINITELY bring me to buy DoW2, otherwise I'm not touching this. All I ask for is DoW1, plus all expansion packs content, with updated engine and graphics, additional units, additional weapon options, additional maps, and perhaps the Tyranid race. From what I've seen of DoW2 trailers so far, I am evidently asking for too much.

Another thing to bear in mind: Such is the Eldar language, that even simple sounds of words would be entirely incomprehensible to the human race. So realsitically, those Eldar units would be speaking in their own language and the Space Marines would not be able to understand them. Perhaps I'm taking this too far now....

Could be Chaos, and not Chaos Space Marines as that is it's own army (as well) in the tabletop rules...

Although I'm pretty sure that [the Eldar] wouldn't give so up so easily to such as race, having been almost entirely destroyed by that same race before when the Keeper of Secrets defected to Chaos.

It still doesn't explain what the reddish cloud like entity(?) is in the sky at the end of the trailer. That's all I could see, one person commenting on the vid said they saw Tyranid spores, but I fail too see how a cloud can be a Tyranid spore.

Tyranids send in Lictors and Genesteelers covertly first. They don't sent in an open attack right away. So I would doubt it's Tyranids. But that again DoW isn't know for staying within the existing fluff.

Well I'm sticking to my Necrons an Tau Empire until those two races are released for DoW2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If it is Tyranids, that will be the only thing to possibly bring me to DoW2, being that what the first [gameplay] trailer showed was, IMO, not very good. It's not a Necron invasion that's for sure - if it was, they'd be coming through the ground. Although I'd love to see Necrons and Tau in DoW2 but I doubt we'd get them in the standard release of the game. Also, it would be have to some race very hard to defeat for the Eldar farseer to say "No, it's THEIR planet" pointing to an invading force in the sky (which I can't actually see, but everyone who commented on the video site can see them), the Eldar just don't give up that easily. Hell, they were almost entirely wiped out by Chaos a long time ago (the Slaanesh god (the female Chaos god - 'The Keeper of Secrets'?) used to be an Eldar god, but then she defected to the darkside, literaly). That narrows it down to two races: Necrons or Tyranids. But I'm 90% certain that Necrons would not launch an aerial assualt like what's shown in the vid, and I'm 95% sure we won't be seeing Necrons in stock DoW2. So that leaves just the Tyranids.

So we now know for a fact that the Space Marines are in the game (albeit that damn Blood Ravens chapter again. Hello Relic, wake the hell up, give us something new), along with Orks and Eldar. If Tau AND Necrons ARE also included, this will DEFINITELY bring me to buy DoW2, otherwise I'm not touching this. All I ask for is DoW1, plus all expansion packs content, with updated engine and graphics, additional units, additional weapon options, additional maps, and perhaps the Tyranid race. From what I've seen of DoW2 trailers so far, I am evidently asking for too much.

Another thing to bear in mind: Such is the Eldar language, that even simple sounds of words would be entirely incomprehensible to the human race. So realsitically, those Eldar units would be speaking in their own language and the Space Marines would not be able to understand them. Perhaps I'm taking this too far now....

Actually, Slaneesh was created BY the Eldars during their decadence. This is what ultimately fractured the Eldar race, giving birth to the Craftworld Eldars and the Dark Eldars.

In any case, that trailer was pretty cool. I agree, though, that the Blood Ravens are getting tiresome.

MP Beta is coming VERY soon!

linky

I don't have Soulstorm, but I really want to play this beta, especially since I'm a fan of DoW and CoH. So, should I go out and get it or not?

Also, I've been reading on various forums and they've said that DoWII is gold or on the verge of being so. If so, what exactly do you think the Beta is for? Server stress tests, day-one patch, etc.?

MP Beta is coming VERY soon!

linky

I don't have Soulstorm, but I really want to play this beta, especially since I'm a fan of DoW and CoH. So, should I go out and get it or not?

Also, I've been reading on various forums and they've said that DoWII is gold or on the verge of being so. If so, what exactly do you think the Beta is for? Server stress tests, day-one patch, etc.?

The moddability of the game is in question as the game uses Live Achievements (for example, only maps can be created for Gears of War, you can't modify weapon damage etc). What I'm saying is, there might be anchievement for say kill an Ork Squiggoth. You could go into the mod tools and knock his HP down to 1 so he dies with one hit. Now, that would be cheating the Live Achievements and Relic might not want you doing that. On the contrary, with DoW1, we can mod ANYTHING, except for the two new races in Soulstorm with the default mod tools - but Corsix's mod studio works around this and allows us to mod the two new races from Soulstorm. You can even modify CoH units with Corsix mod studio, regardless of the fact that Relic never released any mod tools except for map editor for CoH.

Man, I really gotta finish the missive 1024x1024 ruined city map of mine for DoW. Having a bit of trouble scripting NPC 'Guard units from the 'Guard military base at one of this map to attack the players (considering this is a skirmish map not a SP mission)

Edited by WytchDokta

• 5 weeks later...

IGN gives DoW2 a 9.0.

Review

I personally can't wait for the game. I've got my pre-order from Best Buy and they say they'll have it by Thursday at 2PM. I've been playing the Beta since day one and it's been a blast. I can't wait to try the co-op campaign.

I for one, can't wait for the expansions. Orks have easily become my favorite race along with the Space Marines. I want to see a mini-campaign based around them. WAAAGH! I'm going to create a new Ork clan with the Army Painter. It's going to be based on my school's colors and mascot. It'll be something like Longhornz Clan.

Edit: I also can't wait for the Chaos Space Marines to show up in an expansion.

Edited by GrimeyAK