CGI trailer video - 11 July 08

Invading the web this Friday (11th July), is the brand new CGI trailer video for [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising]: Dragon Rising, the game that marks the return of the genre-defining military combat series.

Live the intense and thrilling conflict on the vast 220km Russian controlled island of Skira as the trailer showcases the massive scale involved in [OFP: DR].

The video opens with US Special Ops carrying out a stealth mission to destroy a Chinese forward observation post. Suddenly, their mission is compromised and the People's Liberation Army of China (PLA) attacks. US reinforcements are called in and a full-scale battle develops between the PLA and the marines.

Previewing the total conflict experience using footage created from rendered game models, the trailer will be available to view and download from the Official game website from Friday.

Trailer Is Out, What Do You Think?

I'm speechless it looks unbelievable, I thought I was watching footage from a movie not a battlefield simulation. It's coming across as a large scale blended of the best aspects of other games we've seen, I don't know what I really mean, there is little solid info but the feeling is very positive.

The graphics look amazing, I'm wondering if a game engine can deliver this with 300m+ detailed draw distance, over 220Km sq & with Land & Air equipment thrown in. There is so much suspicion floating about this game not delivering but some how, from what I've read, I favour this one.

www.flashpoint2-game.com

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint2/index.php#/video/

viii

Pretty. Very pretty indeed. But it tells us nothing about gameplay. It might as well have been a trailer for Battlefield 3. I don't want to be one of those grumpy old farts that dismiss any new game as junk, but I'm really not terribly optimistic. Fingers crossed they prove me wrong. :D

Respectfully

krise madsen

krise madsen, this is not @ you.

Lets be frank, some of you guys are old grumpies, lost the will to hope for a game to come around the corner and knock you off. I keep seeing it in the posted comments in many threads, a tide of negative hope, I can't add hope into a world of hopeless loss.

I remember the trailer for Call of Duty 4, did not read so much bad anticipation there or that fact, the trailer for the first GRAW, you guys have been kicked in the ba#ls one too many times ;)

I pray E3 brings something from gameplay, cos another 6 months of this and I'm going to have to visit less enthusiastically.

viii

Heh, don't worry. You can call me a grumpy old fart any day. It's true! :D

The pictures do look amazing. But it's also obviously rendered in some way. It's what they strive for, but not necessarily what they'll achieve.

Moreover, whenever studios highlight graphics I get nervous twitches. I've yet to enjoy a game with good graphics if the gameplay was poor, but I still play tons of games with dated (and in some cases downright ugly, even by the standards of yesteryear) graphics if the gameplay is good.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Meh.

It looks like an intro movie. It's pre-rendered.

I doubt it has much if anything to do with the game-play itself other than allegedly using the same art assets and I'm not even sure about those.

For a game 2(?) years into it's dev cycle showing us only pre-rendered footage seems a tad fishy. Previews say they do have a working prototype build but what was described sounded like them showing off an engine rather than a game.

This does not make me enthusiastic about this game meeting target or being a good tacsim.

edit Ah I see. They moved it 2009. Well I knew it wasn't coming out this year.

Yeah, I'm a grumpy curmudgeon. What of it? :P

Edited by spm1138

I'd rather hang out a while and be surprised and even blown-away by a great game than sit and wait with the anticipation of a title that will be everything I hoped for, then turns out to be a trash filler. I myself have been burned too many times by grin/ubi and plan on just chilling out until someone tells me they got a great game in their hands to show me.

Awesome trailer. I enjoyed it a lot - the part where the APC gets blown apart in the background when they are trying to set up a perimeter is amazing, hearing screams of the soldiers that has been near the explosion. Brilliant peace of work.

Tells me nothing about the game though, but that really didn't matter. A nice reminder that there is a game called "[Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising] - Dragon Rising" in the making. They obviously didn't want to deliver anything more. Just like the announcement trailer. But I am sure E3 will give us more.