Game hangs every so often.

Windows XP (sp2), Fx-62, C51Xem2AA mobo, Dx 9.0c, 4 gb of system memory (/3GB switch), Visiontek 3870 OC with 8.6 driver release, Audigy Gamer ZS with current drivers. Video card is not over-clocked.

After installing the game and Ageia driver I then updated the game with the patch to 1.05. Played the game and it hangs every so often. I then un-installed the patch and also used Driver Sweeper as well and then installed the newer Ageia driver version 8.06.12 from nVidia. But still the game hangs every so often. I don't think the problem is heat because all components are running cool, and I even removed my case side panel.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

My son's comp, although not near the specs your comp has, also had a hanging problem. He was using onboard sound and we also got him a Audigy Gamer ZS. It didn't hang so much, but every now and then - particularly when explosions or a multiple firefight on screen. We then upgraded to a X-Fi Gamer and his system doesn't hang at all anymore. Just an idea -

I was actually thinking about replacing this sound card lately. It's always been a good one ... hate to give it up.

The only other thought I have about this problem is that the Ageia driver is not compatible with my video card.

Oh well, who knows! :wall:

Before you rush out and buy a new sound card, please define what you mean by "hang".

I have a Creative SB X-Fi card and I still get "pauses" in the game... where it appears to freeze or hang for 2 or 3 seconds.

I've learned to live with it.

I don't notice any pauses. As far as hangs go, the system hangs permanently. Gotta hard reset.

I turned down the game audeo settings and have been able to play the game. I do think the game has sound problems.

I have been enjoying the game and I sure wish ubi had fixed it up. It could have been a smash hit with better replay value and greater longevity.

Also when I leave the game for a long time, letting it just sit, and come back I have this error shown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

ntdll (???) : RtlSizeHeap

graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I took out my Audigy Gamer and put in my old Audigy 2 and the game seems to be working. I always have to set up the sound settings before starting to play. We shall see how it goes tonight.

I must admit I am having fun with this game.

Not much activity in these forums these days.