Ever Wonder About All The X360 Failures?

WhiteKnight77

The 2 main noted problems were the heat and the power button. Apparently, the power button was improperly glued. The answer as someone who has had no problems in 1.5 years is to add an intercooler and not use the power button, use the conroller to turn the xbox on and off.

Much better information about why this problem came about has been around for ages -- that yahoo article is kindof garbage, honestly.

If you're interested in learning more:

The most common problem has to do with the construction of the motherboard -- with stress and heat it has a tendancy to crack, which, naturally, isn't so good for the operation of the console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_tech...ems#Overheating

plenty of sources there; this one is excellent - http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digital...ives/129866.asp

is it written on the packaging?.

No, and with any gen the failure rate is still decently high.

360's have quite a solid warrwanty from microsoft -- but you should prepare yourself for dealing with that hassle if you choose to buy one. It's an excellent gaming console, but not that great of a piece of electronics.

The first gen of 360 consoles were problematic, i was thinking of buying one but can anyone tell me what generation is for sale today?, is it 65nm or 45nm and is that cpu and gpu?, is it written on the packaging?.

From what I understand, all of the old 90nm cpu consoles are gone at this point, and the current 65nm cpu consoles are definitely more reliable than the old ones. I think I saw on Bloomberg business news that MS's expenditures on returned consoles have gone down by leaps and bounds. The new consoles seem like they may be worth a shot.