Hold the perimeter

Hold the area

Reach extraction zone

Reach extraction zone

500+ baddies

tank:1

mi28:1

Author:Rpghard

Betatesters:Rpghard,Zero_G,Pagey,Ebk52 and Boomshakalacka.

INSTALLATION:Unrar into GRAW2 custom_levels folder.

this a good map and i love the time of day u made the mission in but the AI have some serious issues. When u have to eliminate the enemy rebel base i ran around in the base (did not kill anyone) the they started to fire about 2 laps in :huh::hmm: . i think it would be a lot better if u can fix this problem thx :D

this a good map and i love the time of day u made the mission in but the AI have some serious issues. When u have to eliminate the enemy rebel base i ran around in the base (did not kill anyone) the they started to fire about 2 laps in :huh::hmm: . i think it would be a lot better if u can fix this problem thx :D

We tested it over n' over with no major issue...sry about my poor english but I don't get your point...anyway for me there's nothing to be fixed bottom line...I'm glad you love the time of day changes it gave a real tuff challenge to the mission...probably the tuffest GRAW2 map yet....I'm already working on 2 different project one is a remake of 'mission06' I called it 'coop_hangar18'...suite soon :thumbsup:

Sure hope this isn't another map where:

1) ... the player has to contend with wall-hacking AI (as in "coop_hqm01_dam" <wall hacking AI across from spawn area under bridge> or "coop_retrieveV2" <wall hacking AI in stairwell leading into train station>), or

2) ... the player is magically spawned right into the center of a kill zone (as in "coop_estrada" <at the end> and "coop_castle_day" <at the beginning> ).

Nothing irritates me more than having to die umpteen times simply to be able to spawn in. :wall:

With that bit of bitching out of the way, I look forward to trying out this latest effort.

Yep...another one where the AI have your spawn locations zeroed in. No way I can see to run this as a team effort with one death rules. Oh well... add it to the list of run-n-gun, multi-death, multi-spawn missions. At least it kept me playing for while.

I enjoy RPGHard's missions for the most part, but I simply can't see why players can't have a protected place to spawn into. Perhaps it's a problem with the game's coding, which only allows for certain spawn areas <?>. Getting killed before you have a chance to seek cover, often before your boots even hit the ground, ruins the game play for me.

Yep...another one where the AI have your spawn locations zeroed in. No way I can see to run this as a team effort with one death rules. Oh well... add it to the list of run-n-gun, multi-death, multi-spawn missions. At least it kept me playing for while.

I enjoy RPGHard's missions for the most part, but I simply can't see why players can't have a protected place to spawn into. Perhaps it's a problem with the game's coding, which only allows for certain spawn areas <?>. Getting killed before you have a chance to seek cover, often before your boots even hit the ground, ruins the game play for me.

You must know that the one death rules is not my cup of tea...And all maps are made for my server 'F.O.A.D' mean for myself first...the day I will stop playing this game,I will stop modding it either...I think you(Satoh) are a member of 'The gamer planet' I can understand your comment of the 'one death rules'.Well don't waste your time complaining about my works on GRAW2 if it come from 'The gamer planet' crue I know what your tough are on the game and don't want to argue on it anymore...Rpghard rules!

funny how i can play those maps where the ai are glitchin and have zero deaths at the end of the map :D ... i guess u need more practice on said maps :thumbsup: maybe u are standing up in the game to much (ai can c u easier that way) and its like RPG said dont play the maps if u dont like them just stick to the easy stock maps or go back to graw1 and the easy 1 death maps :shifty:

Sure hope this isn't another map where:

1) ... the player has to contend with wall-hacking AI (as in "coop_hqm01_dam" <wall hacking AI across from spawn area under bridge> or "coop_retrieveV2" <wall hacking AI in stairwell leading into train station>), or

2) ... the player is magically spawned right into the center of a kill zone (as in "coop_estrada" <at the end> and "coop_castle_day" <at the beginning> ).

Nothing irritates me more than having to die umpteen times simply to be able to spawn in. :wall:

With that bit of bitching out of the way, I look forward to trying out this latest effort.

I'm with you on that. That's why I don't play Rpghards maps. No offense, I know a lot of people like them, but they feel like they belong in something more like Crysis or Doom or Half-Life. Thinking of 500+ enemies makes me cringe at the thought. But I think it was said back when he was doing GRAW 1 maps. Some like these kind of maps, some don't. While they may not be my cup of tea I know they are widely used, so his efforts in mapping aren't useless.

I like the one hit one kill, I like the "one life to live" idea, I like the sneak around not to be seen when you kill concept, I like the (old) 9 on 20-50 gameplay, and am not a fan of 12vs500, but it's popular and in demand, so props to Rpghard for delivering the type of map that people like to play on. :)

You must know that the one death rules is not my cup of tea...And all maps are made for my server 'F.O.A.D' mean for myself first...the day I will stop playing this game,I will stop modding it either...I think you(Satoh) are a member of 'The gamer planet' I can understand your comment of the 'one death rules'.Well don't waste your time complaining about my works on GRAW2 if it come from 'The gamer planet' crue I know what your tough are on the game and don't want to argue on it anymore...Rpghard rules!

My comments are my own not TGP's or anyone else's, reflecting my desire to see coop missions that can be played a little closer to how a soldier might be actually attempt these missions: with a very real regard for his own life and the lives of his squad mates.

I understand that you are making these missions for your own way of playing and I have no issue with that at all. Your talent for making missions is beyond reproach, and I thank you for contributing so much to the GRAW community. Without your missions and those of a few other dedicated artists, this game -or at least the coop style of play- would have completely died off long ago. It's only fresh content that keeps players interested, content that you have graciously provided.

My frustration over spawn points being killing zones comes from a desire to simulate, not just play, infantry action. I know... GRAW is a game and not a simulation. The ArmA group is down the street...

i guess u need more practice on said maps

I have plenty of practice on the various coop maps available in GRAW2. There are only a few I haven't been able to completely clear on my own with zero deaths ('invasion' and 'base 13' plus a couple others I can't think of right now). Most of them remind me of Pac Man: discover the pattern and walk right through the entire map.

As it is, I consider it a 'good run' if I can complete any given mission with three or less deaths, whether alone or as part of a group. I try to applaud the players who make it to the end with less deaths than I. Shows they are playing it seriously, which I respect.

I simpatise with you guys that want 'one death challenge map' or more tactical stuff ...maybe someday I make something just to please you...but as it for right now ...I'm in a rage killing streak...mean that 'coop_hangar18' is not for you cause warning of 1000+ maybe 2000+ baddies only the first obj has 780 baddies you defend the zone for around 80min 12 enemy will spawned every 100 sec,50sec,25sec interval;...I am making experiment right now to make you play a map for hours...forgot the concept of a 30 min or a 60 min mission just think about a 5 hours mission or an 8 hours mission :)...in reality mission tuff longer than 60 min...imagine the concentration that it took to do the longuest mission of GR history....you have seen nothing yet...I just which I have more time...

Rpghard...

Your missions are awesome.

I only play lone wolf... so that definitely makes some of them a lot harder and spawning into an area where you are surrounded can be very frustrating.

What's more frustrating is in the Helms Deep mission where it switches to a "defend" game. Nothing like playing for over an hour to then just lose because of the "lose" condition. If there is going to be a "defend" objective... having them early in the mission is a lot better than later.

But I love the missions. They are great and I wish I had your talent and patience to make them.

Rpghard...

Your missions are awesome.

I only play lone wolf... so that definitely makes some of them a lot harder and spawning into an area where you are surrounded can be very frustrating.

What's more frustrating is in the Helms Deep mission where it switches to a "defend" game. Nothing like playing for over an hour to then just lose because of the "lose" condition. If there is going to be a "defend" objective... having them early in the mission is a lot better than later.

But I love the missions. They are great and I wish I had your talent and patience to make them.

That's funny cause I tought puting defend at the end will let player at least playing a while before game end...in this case you have to capture fortress before defending it...but this is impossible to do alone 'lonewolf'...doable with 3 players +...well you will be satisfy with my next project 'coop_hangar18' which begins by a defend but this time the rules are different mission won't end cause you will have to defend for 75 min...then you killed the last group that spawned then you moved to next obj which is retrieved 3 radars hac...it's in progress already is 780+ baddies that will make the trigger happy :o= ...probably busted the 1000 baddies lol...maybe more baddies but less difficult than 'coop_asylum' which is the tuffest challenge of them all because of the lightning I choosed.In 'hangar_18' its day time.And I also had a mule for ammo for the defend part that has a warning lag mean that it can freeze the game if you stop killing them they will contunue spawned for 75 min...so I called first obj 'Kill the lag...'If you kept killing them as they spawned you will not lag...still doable lonewolf :o= ...

Tks for all comments and interest for this game...

Rp,