Ghost Recon.net Forums

hello.

are you using a mac? i dont think igor works on mac's - i could be wrong.

otherwise...not sure why. someone may be able to help. i cant remember if igor has a crash log. if it does, maybe copy and paste the crash log, then post in in this thread, would help to work out whats going on.

does it crash straight away? as in - as soon as you double click the icon?

dont sweat it, we will work it out somehow. it's probably just trying to load a missing file. lots of people round here who can help out.

:thumbsup:

If you have Vista you won't be able to load maps without Igor crashing but you can do pretty much everything else (.gun, .atr editing, etc...). Or at least I can't but if it crashes during the opening screen then the problem always (for me) seems to be with my save files so I uninstall Ghost Recon and remove my save files and then reinstall, but thats a risky move if you don't wanna get rid of your save files.

Hmmm, can anyone shed any light on this. If IGOR does not work on Vista "out of the box" is there a compatibility mode or admin setting that needs invoked on Vista to make it work?

Igor should work soon as you install, does not need to be patched, but is recommended to be patched to 1.4. That is GR/DS/IT patch to 1.4.

If you are able to, un-install and just install GR only, then try it. If it still does not work, sry all out of ideas.

:(

Start Igor as you normally would. If/when it crashes check in your GR directory for the two files in question, and if they are there open them with notepad to inspect their contents. In general the Ike.log tends to have more useful information than the IkeCrash.log.

Hmmm, can anyone shed any light on this. If IGOR does not work on Vista "out of the box" is there a compatibility mode or admin setting that needs invoked on Vista to make it work?

As for that, I've been trying different compatibility settings (including the "Run as administrator" option) but nothing seems to work. But like I said, it only crashes when you try to load a map or environment file, I can still edit .gun files and use pretty much everything in the tools menu and it works fine.

In case anyone was wondering, the settings for the compatibility mode are:

Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Server 2003 (SP1), Windows 2000, Winodws NT 4.0 (SP5), Winows 98/Me, and Windows 95

Run in 256 colors

Run in 640x480 screen resolution

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition (disables the Aero theme)

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

As for that, I've been trying different compatibility settings (including the "Run as administrator" option) but nothing seems to work.

Thats why ill move from xp to vista only after quitting with GR.

:P

As for that, I've been trying different compatibility settings (including the "Run as administrator" option) but nothing seems to work. But like I said, it only crashes when you try to load a map or environment file, I can still edit .gun files and use pretty much everything in the tools menu and it works fine.

In case anyone was wondering, the settings for the compatibility mode are:

Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Server 2003 (SP1), Windows 2000, Winodws NT 4.0 (SP5), Winows 98/Me, and Windows 95

Run in 256 colors

Run in 640x480 screen resolution

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition (disables the Aero theme)

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

if it's crashing on env or maps, you do have those maps activated in your 'mods' in game right?

If you have Vista you won't be able to load maps without Igor crashing

Is anyone able to confirm that Igor works with Vista?

Hmmm, can anyone shed any light on this. If IGOR does not work on Vista "out of the box"

I did a clean install of Vista (64-bit Home Premium) on my primary gaming rig Friday Night (also put in an extra 4 GB of RAM, bringing it to 6 GB :drool: )... Installed GR/DS/IT & patched to 1.4 today, GR plays great!

and I can confirm that IGOR launched fine for me and has loaded up all of the GR, DS and IT stock missions and each of the maps that I've tried so far.

*logon account has administrator rights and game is just running straight "out of the box" as installed, no compatibility modes or any other kind of tweak etc..

Aha, I had previously thought that I had installed patch 1.4 so I checked and found that no, I did not have patch 1.4 installed. So I tried to install it and whenever I tried to install it, it would go to the status bar and then stay on 0% and then after a minute would go from 0% straight to 100% without installing anything at all. So I downloaded patch 1.4 again and I got the same problem. This also happened when I tried to install Desert Siege and Island Thunder straight from the disc when installing those for the first time on this computer, which I could only fix by installing them on a different computer and copying the mod files. Any ways to fix this?

Edited by Rifle_001