Create A Canal Alpha And Image Bump

I have a doubt, that perhaps the problem originates from shadows in my last map.

I used a texture of the original game, but trimmed (only needed that part), and I've done the same with the texture bump.

But that may not work well (although the size of both images is the same, and correspond Diffuse and Bump ).... so I would like to know how to add an image to an Alpha Channel, and get a corresponding image BUMP ?

As I read, making any image (JPG for example) to TGA format, you added alpha channel .... but what is not whether to get the Bump, I must reverse the tone of the image .... :hmm:

Galor' date='Jun 2 2008, 01:36 PM' post='521647']

I have a doubt, that perhaps the problem originates from shadows in my last map.

I used a texture of the original game, but trimmed (only needed that part), and I've done the same with the texture bump.

But that may not work well (although the size of both images is the same, and correspond Diffuse and Bump ).... so I would like to know how to add an image to an Alpha Channel, and get a corresponding image BUMP ?

As I read, making any image (JPG for example) to TGA format, you added alpha channel .... but what is not whether to get the Bump, I must reverse the tone of the image .... :hmm:

Hi

search for:

A8L8 and V8U8 Formats

in this page:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/2496...niques_and_.php

To compose an A8L8 image you can use atlasgen.exe in game/tools folder or DirectX Texture Tool of the DirectX SDK.

First we have to change the bump map of the material1 in this max scene

http://files.filefront.com/bumprar/;10480949;/fileinfo.html

than render.

The output will be 2 texture named bump0000.bmp and bump0001.bmp. Open the bump0001 with directx texture tool, change surface format to A8L8, now go in the menù file and click open onto alpha channel of this texture and chose the bump0000 image. Save, make the tdb_, and try.

Note: if you need to change the scene remember to render always sqare image example 1024x1024 for ati board compatibility.

For the alpha image is almost the same thing but don't need max :) .

Open a diffuse texture with a image editor, decrease the luminosity and increase the contrast until the image appear nearly black, save into desktop with another name respect the diffuse texture. Open the diffuse texture with directx texture tool, change surface format to four cc 8 bit dxt5, now menù file and open onto alpha channel of this surface, chose the image that you have darked. Save, make the tdb_, and try.

Note: remember to make always sqare image example 1024x1024 for ati board compatibility.

Good luck

graw support also the parallax bump mapping if you want you can use this "special material/shader" to make more realistic surfaces. The mark of bullet hit on some wall can show this beauty effect(decal_material="concrete").

If you want you can setup a material.xml and his texture to make some wall and other thing more realistic with the parallax. I do not have tryed in graw but can be possible :thumbsup:

Bye

Edited by xdxxdy