Multiple Instances on One Server?

Guys,

Does anyone know how you might go about running multiple instances of the game on same server? I assume you need to have it use different ports but I'm not sure how to set that up. We'd like to give it a shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Edit: Thread moved to Correct Forum (GR:AW 2 - Server Operators) - where there is already at least one thread about that]

Edited by Pave Low

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

you have to install virtual machine and use server proxy that can pass through gamespy bridge/login server

maybe needed 2 installation code(for 2 legal server!).

If a your friend want share his code you can mount 2 server :D

Bye

since my original post on using Virtual PC - which I believe was from the demo, a variable in the server config was added to allow server operators to specify the port the game used.

<var name="port" type="number" default="16250" />

While I never attempted it, you should be able to use 2 different install directories (or you will get file sharing violations), specify different ports and server names in the config, and be able to run the 2 instances on one box without going through the trouble I did messing around with getting the demo.