Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hi there, can someone pls tell me what is wrong with my GRAW 2 I used to be able to play it without the minimum requirements! I used to have:

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20 Ghz (1 CPU)

512mb RAM

GeForce 6600

Shader model number 3

and it worked fine! no crashing 20 - 25 FPS and quite a little lagging though

but then I uninstalled it for quite a while. Then I bought a GeForce7300 Gt and an extra 1GB ram to satisfy the requirements. It can run for only 15 minutes in the game and then it gets stuck. The visual can't move but I can still hear sound when ever I press movement button's or pres the fire key. So i tried to do a quick load but then it crashes

There is a message that pops up:

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

So i cant even pass the 2nd mission without restarting the computer. Here is another fact my computer can play Crysis on medium with a smooth 20 - 25 FPS, COD4 on max and assasins creed on medium as well pls help me. I have never completed GRAW 2 :(

[Edit: Thread moved to correct forum (GR:AW 2 PC - Tech Support)]

Edited by Pave Low

Hi,

As it runs for 15 minutes it appears there's not a problem with cpu or graphics card? I would add at least another 500 Mb ram, better still as it's cheap, another 1 Gb ram minimum, in any case.

The GeForce7300 Gt is a bit low down the graphics league! You could pick up a previous generation, high end graphics card, relatively cheap now. Something I would seriously consider doing as it it can only improve things.

I run on a 2Gb Athlon but with 1.5 Gb ram and an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro and it copes with GRAW2 more than adequately!

[Edit: Post fixed (you had typed your reply in the middle of the box quoting the first posters text)]

Edited by Pave Low

Not all 7300GTs' are created equal...depending on what make/model yours is, it could be (w/TurboCache) pulling up to 256MB of system memory during heavy load.

All other things being equal, your P4 w/1.5GB should be enough to run the program without the graphics bottleneck occurring. Anything running in the background?

____

It goes without saying to make sure your systems drivers are up to date, and usually it helps that the program (game) be patched to the current revision, but maybe not for this title...patches have been hit or miss.

____

You might want to do a Search of this section for "Video Freeze" or "nHancer" for some possible solutions... this issue has been around since :AW and has been covered before.

Good luck.

thanks for the quick replies, so this means 7300 gt cant play GRAW2 but what explains the 6600 able to play GRAW 2 with 512 mb RAM? plus what are the uses for "Video Freeze" and "nHancer" nonetheless thanks for some solutions though to bad I have to upgrade RAM and get a new graphics card (chuckle) and all just for 1 game. Are you most certain ATI Radeon X1950 Pro is best for GRAW 2 because I have other games that I like to play and hope that I can still play them without lagging.

^

No, I was not suggesting that your 7300GT can not run the program, or to run out and buy another GPU, I was trying to point out that some of this series of cards use TurboCache, which shares system memory. So for instance, if you purchased a 7300GT with 512MB (TurboCache) the card itself wiil have 256MB of onboard memory and when needed, will call on up to 256MB of your systems RAM. A quick look at your GPUs' packaging or documents should show you the specific manufacturers model #, and what you are dealing with.

GR:AW* is graphically intensive and will cause lag or the video freeze, usually at the games trigger points, when there is too much information being stored (pre-rendered) and transferred for the system to process. Lowering your ingame video settings can sometimes help in getting past some of these areas.

A lucky few were able to tweak the settings (vertical sync) in the NVIDIA Control Panel when this occurred. Some users were able to solve the problem by simply applying the Coolbits application (GR:AW- ForceWare<91XX), or the nHancer application (:AW, AW2 ) to reduce the frames pre-rendered ahead from the default of 3 to 1 or 0; others solved it by adding another gig of RAM (from 1 to 2 GB) ; and then some had to combine one of the software additions along with the memory addition to resolve it.

Your results will vary, depending on your OS and its environment, type of equipment and their drivers, etc.

It is system specific...there is no cut and dried answer. Sorry.

Not all 7300GTs' are created equal...depending on what make/model yours is, it could be (w/TurboCache) pulling up to 256MB of system memory during heavy load.

All other things being equal, your P4 w/1.5GB should be enough to run the program without the graphics bottleneck occurring. Anything running in the background?

____

It goes without saying to make sure your systems drivers are up to date, and usually it helps that the program (game) be patched to the current revision, but maybe not for this title...patches have been hit or miss.

____

You might want to do a Search of this section for "Video Freeze" or "nHancer" for some possible solutions... this issue has been around since :AW and has been covered before.

Good luck.

Ok, I stand corrected. I'll admit that I'm not that familiar with all of the Geforce range but I would certainly add more RAM. I increased my RAM BEFORE I got GRAW2 as it was one of the problems identified in the early days.

As NoQuarter points out, GRAW2 is highly graphics intensive and the 'TurboCache theory' sounds like a candidate to me.

• 2 weeks later...

if the problem is present only in mp 90% of case is the anticheat to much severe

change server

First of all update all drivers that can resolve overtemperature/undervoltage in many systems and clean the fun coolers

Bye

Edited by xdxxdy