new acu ranger uniform for brettzies mod

The skin looks great, but I would recommend losing the Ranger tab or putting it in the right spot (which is on the left side above the ghost unit patch). The tab needs to be much smaller and I would also include the Special Forces tab given they are a SF unit. If you need some proper ACU tabs, just shoot me a PM with your email.

tailer76,

Sent you a PM.

Edited by bugkill

The skin looks great, but I would recommend losing the Ranger tab or putting it in the right spot (which is on the left side above the ghost unit patch).

These models have mirrored UVs, so you'll get patches on both sides unfortunatley. Same with the marine and the flag pointing the wrong way.

Edited by Brettzies

If I was skinning it I'd just blow of the patches all together. I'm sure a SF team that elite wouldn't wear patches, or identification at all. Delta force and the SEAL teams don't, as far as I know.

I think he is bypassing realism in order to make some skins that feature some form of unit identification. I see where he is coming from.

Well, if they show up on both sides, I would recommend no unit patches and have velcro instead. Make the units sterile (which means no patches), which could lend credence to their covert status.

Edited by bugkill

i havent made any skins for graw but here is what i would recommend you doing...

-->make acu camo pat a bit smaller, bump up the res of it as well.

-->also, if you want to add a "word" logo i suggest putting it on the back of helmets or on the vest. (front or rear)

-->change the vest color. maybe make it acu, or a light tan/green color

-->when adding a logo to a mirrored uv, find one that is symmetrical on both sides. if it has words, either remove them, or make the words in the logo unreadable

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet screenshot.

I'd concur with the other posts. This would be the cat's behind with the TC-2001 helmets changed to OD or tan and the body armor in coyote brown or ranger green. Or ACU for that matter.

Got a download link?

Looks nice. I'd echo a lot of the advice given here already (ACU size, proper tab size, etc.) I'd also reccommend making the pockets on the sleeves look right with the Velcro. I know it varies from unit to unit, but we're not allowed to mask the velcro on the pockets with an ACU pattern, so I'd fix that.

As far as the patches, cool to see unit patches. Don't worry about it being on both sides, as long as it's right on the left, it's right on the right. :) They're just combat patches/tabs. :D Do make sure the text reads the right way though, hehe.

I also agree, go with BDU LBEs.

Good work. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

-Lose the tabs and patches...

-add the velcro on the sleeves

-make the acu look more worn or faded... not blurred really but the colors wont contrast as much.

-some dirt on the knees elbows....

-shrink the pattern a bit.

-Lose the black... replace with tan or acu patterns. boots helmets go with tan.

-Oakleys ive heard of the plastic melting on them causing some bad injuries during combat... not sure if that matters but I sure as heck wouldn't wear them now because of that.

and your pretty much spot on ... looks good BTW

and why the #(%& is he flagging his buddy!

Edited by pz3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...