What happend when you change a weapons caliber?

Hi.

I've downloaded Bp's sexy weapon pack and was wondering, "What would happen if i was to put a 12.7 x 45 mm bullet into a 5.56 mm carbine breach"

After much playing and testing, all i could seem to change was the bullet hole size on the ground and walls..no change in damage, penetration etc.

And then i thought about What would it be like to have 40 mm H.E rounds shooting out of a M249 SAW? but alas, no change in damage (no explosions) only bullet hole.

So, im going to ask you guys if anyone has got any know how on this? as it would be funny as hell to modify the SAW to shoot the M32's 40mm H.E rounds, or just any explosive round...

Thanks!

EDIT: 62 views and 1 reply... thanks guys.

Edited by dudbomb

no change in damage, penetration etc.
These values are changed in the gun settings they are not tied to the round.

And then i thought about What would it be like to have 40 mm H.E rounds shooting out of a M249 SAW? but alas, no change in damage (no explosions) only bullet hole.

I haven't tried this but I know it was done in Graw 1, but it was done through changing the projectile type from bullet to something like grenade or explosive, check the RPG stats is likely the easiest way to try to copy and test