Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him we miss him too! I don't give a flying floop about some uncorroborated hacking story that isn't even allowed to be discussed openly -- Chems and his work has been a fixture of these forums and a part of makes them appealing for a long time -- figure something out and get him back here! Chems, if you've been naughty -- say you're sorry and promise to be a good boy!

<_<

Edited by Hoak

Chems has apologised, and he will be back. As posted elsewhere, it is an internal matter for resolution by the team here at GR.net.

Keep this discussion on topic, off topic will be deleted, in the interest of keeping this thing from getting any worse than it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got set back by the HD, lost some textures, but only about an hours work to redo it, but to be honest, there are better things to do with my time than slave away. I dont feel any particular inclination to finish a mod for this community these days. Maybe I might finish it, its definatly the most GR changing mod ever made.

is there not enough reason to finish this mod than 900+ posts about it

i know i have not posted a lot but, i have been watching this form into something that will make a difference to a game i love already and get to play on a sunday round my mate's house for a few hours,

everyone i have told about this mod keep asking me if it is finished yet, i wish i could tell them YES,

at the end of the day, it is your work and your decision and i think anyone will respect your decision but, why throw all that work away :(

Hello Chems,

"I don't feel any particular inclination to finish a mod for this communiyt these days."

Ok, I 'll bite, why not? What did the community do?

If it is the actions of a select few, please do not let them deter you from releasing a product which will be enjoyed by many.

PrimusPilus

I got set back by the HD, lost some textures, but only about an hours work to redo it, but to be honest, there are better things to do with my time than slave away. I dont feel any particular inclination to finish a mod for this community these days. Maybe I might finish it, its definatly the most GR changing mod ever made.

I quit playing GR a long time ago, but I always check back to this site to see the progress on this. There is a years plus worth of posts here and anticipation. For you to scrap it for some personal grudge would be the most childish and selfish thing I've seen in quite awhile.

Does this mod have potential? Galactic amounts. If you don't release it will we ever agree? No.

Lower your arrogance and your inflated pride in an effort to earn both. If you put out a mod that we have all been waiting so patiently for for over a year and it rocks half as hard as we all think it will, you will indeed be a historic representative of Ghost Recon and will rightfully earn your pride and arrogance.

Hello Chems,

"I don't feel any particular inclination to finish a mod for this communiyt these days."

Ok, I 'll bite, why not?  What did the community do?

If it is the actions of a select few, please do not let them deter you from releasing a product which will be enjoyed by many.

PrimusPilus

Yeah. Come on, Chems. Just finish the mod, everyone's been waiting such a long time, and none of us did anything to you.

Just in my opinion, I can understand Chems' position without even knowing if there's any personal reasons behind his decision. It's tough to make a mod of this scale. Real tough. When you put so much time into only to end up losing a part of your work, it really kicks your ass. Did I mention that it's real tough to make a mod of this scale? Most people will only ever make a couple weapon models or a mission or two. We are talking about a total conversion that also stretches the limitations of the game engine. It doesn't have to even be a personal issue he has with people, he could just be tired of it and probably doesn't even play the game anymore, like many of us who still mod it for some crazy reason. There are a lot of things that go on "behind the scenes" when creating a mod, especially when working on a team. There's more to modding than just having the tools. In the case of SST, this would be a full time job with no pay.

Chems, I say, good luck to you on any future mod projects. It's been nice seeing your progress with this mod and we've enjoyed the numerous other mods that you have released. It's too bad that SST won't be finished but that's just the way it goes.

Remember too that theres been plenty of other big mods that got everyone's hopes up that didn't pan out. The fact that Chems has stuck this out for this long amazes me and he deserves some credit for that at the very least.

Edited by sleeper

Its not the personal aspect at all, if you cared to know the facts Abyss, I used to be staff here and worked hard on many many many mods indeed. I helped out pretty much every big, and new modder in this community, I even trained a few up.

The pride and arrogance you talk of I already earned and with a simple move, lost, theres no thanks in the community for work done, theres no recognition for hours and hours spent working, we do it purly out of enjoyment and pleasure from the small percentage of fans who come to these threads and make there feelings known, and to you people, I have the upmost graitude that they have enjoyed my work. I still get daily emails for permission to use my models.

As Sleeper said, I lost intrest in the game and the mod long ago, and its been pure will power to get to were I was, with out the HD problems you would have had this mod Im sure. A totally conversion is no small thing at all.

I shall make a deal, if someone can provide me with a chunk of 200mb space on the web, I will upload the mod in its state, which includes EVERYTHING except the map, but I will even include the map textures I have, and the 3dsm file if someone else wants to finish the map. Fair is fair, I have moved on from GR, it was fun it was a great learning experience but to futher experience the fun of modding I have moved to a pro mod team.

That is my views, on this mod, and this mod under my name, signing out.

Just in my opinion, I can understand Chems' position without even knowing if there's any personal reasons behind his decision.  It's tough to make a mod of this scale.  Real tough.  When you put so much time into only to end up losing a part of your work, it really kicks your ass.  Did I mention that it's real tough to make a mod of this scale?  Most people will only ever make a couple weapon models or a mission or two. We are talking about a total conversion that also stretches the limitations of the game engine.  It doesn't have to even be a personal issue he has with people, he could just be tired of it and probably doesn't even play the game anymore, like many of us who still mod it for some crazy reason.  There are a lot of things that go on "behind the scenes" when creating a mod, especially when working on a team.  There's more to modding than just having the tools. In the case of SST, this would be a full time job with no pay. 

Chems, I say, good luck to you on any future mod projects.  It's been nice seeing your progress with this mod and we've enjoyed the numerous other mods that you have released.  It's too bad that SST won't be finished but that's just the way it goes.

Remember too that theres been plenty of other big mods that got everyone's hopes up that didn't pan out.  The fact that Chems has stuck this out for this long amazes me and he deserves some credit for that at the very least.

Dropping off at this point is hardly noble.

Dropping off at this point is hardly noble.

We should be careful not to sound ungrateful for the countless hours,days,weeks and months that modders give freely so we can enjoy our games for alot longer than the original product would have normally. Modders are under no obligation here, they do it for for the love of the game and it irks to see anyone take stick for one dropped ball when they shot and scored with countless others.