Starship Troopers Mod

Chems

OK so this is my secret mod, most of the community already know about it one way or the other but the problem is Im losing focus. I have it temporarly suspended whilst I concentrate on "real life" stuff. But can you please give me some encouragement. Still in making is the CHR, fixed gun and after that work on a map will start. It wont take long for the first two, 2 weeks max when I work on it. But the map might take slightly longer but will be completed quickly. Credit goes to Shad for making the bug model and applying my texture to it. When he comes back online hes going to do the same deal for a flying bug. All the stuff hear is already in game and working, to McNamees dislike. He claims my killing him with a Mortia is unfair because its not real. My thanks also to all the ppl who have put up with me asking questions seen as this is my first 3dsm mod. Hope you all like it.

Mortia.JPG

MortiaCarbine.JPG

MortiaSniper.JPG

Nuke%20Launcher.JPG

MX-90.JPG

Warriorbug.JPG

Retrival%20Boat.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YE$! I like! :D Finally, some new perspective for this engine. Although I have Jedi Knight, I've often thought it would be cool to do a Star Wars mod with maps, but I got no 3dsm so :P . The mod looks great, can't wait to try it out!

Yep the map is going to be the fort map, and belive me it is so fun to take down some bugs. Problem is they are going to fire acid projectiles so they are harder. I had a way for them to kill you when they got close but decide this was better. Thanks for the encouragement. See I got my GCSEs so after that I have 11 weeks off so then it will be finished very soon. Modding all day long!!!

lots of great mods are released all the time, the only major problem is that NOBODY uses them !!!

trying to play online with the newest mod is impossbile., so it seems to me that peoples hard work just goes to waste.

take a look at the unreal recon mod, very very well done but nobody plays with it. :huh:

look at some of the excellent maps that have been done; Ossetian Woodlands, Bunkers, Downtown Somalia....again, nobody plays with them.

IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) mod was great, never ever seen anybody playing with it.

ghost recon would have so much more re-play value if people used all the mods available., you have a ######ty mod like GRM 4.8 (a stolen mod) and thats all people want to use.

anyway, Im ranting here so forgive me, the starship troopers guns look nice.

I like the boat vehicle... I was wondering Chem, I've been seriously thinking of doing the Dropship in Aliens. If I created the model, could your friend (or you) help me with tagging it?

lots of great mods are released all the time, the only major problem is that NOBODY uses them !!!

trying to play online with the newest mod is impossbile., so it seems to me that peoples hard work just goes to waste.

take a look at the unreal recon mod, very very well done but nobody plays with it. 

look at some of the excellent maps that have been done; Ossetian Woodlands, Bunkers, Downtown Somalia....again, nobody plays with them.

IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) mod was great, never ever seen anybody playing with it.

I play all the mods I dl often, and know a lot of other ppl who do. But I see what u mean in saying that mods would benifit from being good MP maps too. But if its based around the Fort map then it should be brilliant for co-op MP if I remember it right.

Can't wait to use the nuke :D. Any idea on how ur going to use the retrival boat?

I agree with Chems.

U should make friends and ask about playing all good mods.

U can also set up a server and notify it in the games room with the mods you'll run..........I'm sure peeps will come. :lol:

Chems.......Nice work man.....i'll be the first to DL it. ;)

OK so this is my secret mod,

Okay, first of all, the rifles are Moritas. :D

Second of all, those are gawdawful textures, but I love the idea.

[slight Rant: please read through before judging]

I'm so sick and tired of half-arsed comments about modders' work. Airsoft texture? A-Ok. Unrefined texture? A-Ok. Weapon models that Hell, as long as the fricking name "MP5" is on the HUD and it makes a sound when the fire button is pressed, people are content as anything.

Encouragement is a great thing. We all started out at some point or another. BUT, the way you keep people from stagnating in their skills is to both be encouraging while still trying to push the edge.

My Lord, what is the bulk of the modding community going to do when shifting over to weapon modeling for Raven Shield, or future game engines where it's not a half-arsed models that'll pass for the weapons tagged by the game that you see other people carrying, but the photo-realistic model that's rendered in the perspective screen which requires decent animation as well?

Chems, this isn't a rant at you. I think it's great you're doing this. In fact, back at The Database, a guy requested that somebody made the Morita rifles with the shotguns. I still have the files (incl. the 3dsm) and sounds for Rogue Spear. They're fairly worthwhile recoverable material (perhaps an hour or two of updating since I threw it together in a couple of hours). They're quality.

This is a rant at this community to pull up it's socks and recognize, that the game engines are already here and far more to come where there's absolutely no excuse not to be modeling high end material. I realize the Ghost Recon engine is relatively limited, but that does not mean that in the midst of continuingly more powerful game engines in use, that the skills of modders who still use the older engines don't refine and push the engine to the edge with experience. That means bringing the new modders using the older game engines up to speed. Not with tough love, just with honest critique. Saying "My God, I've never seen a more beautiful model in my life" for a half-decent model for Ghost Recon is a bloody awful thing to say. What's the modder going to do with comments like "Oh Lord, that's a low-grade model and a pathetic reload animation," when he makes his first models and animations for U3 or the Doom3 engines? It's going to be seriously depressing for them and might stop them permanently. That'd be a shame! :o

So, I'm not saying to been an arsehole to new modelers, but I am asking people to give honest feedback to newer modders in light of what the capabilities of new engines are and expectations they'll face extremely soon. :(

I hope it makes sense. I change what I said a little, this isn't a rant, it's more an imploration.

[/Rant]

Chems !! KEEP IT UP MAN!!!! that look's very Intense and COOL!!

Those are the kinda o mods that keep this game on the place,Thank you !!

I dono know, but ,could it be possible, to play this FANTASTIC Mod.in the AZTEC Map??!! :wub: can wait to see this lil mascots crawling behind

:ph34r::o=:o=:o=:o=:devil: .

That's gonna be so cooooooool.

p.s.Chems good ur giving a hand to Eric ,he got a cool idea!!

CHEERS.

Edited by Cuchillo*

Sorry Mark L. I don't believe i've seen your skills yet (could be wrong) until you come up with something that we can go wow i reckon you should tone it down abit till you have proven yourself that you are capable.

I might be wrong ,you might have done some work but never heard of you and thus the only ppl i could accept having things like that to say are the likes of Yodasplat.

Don't think your comments help ppl that are putting their own personal time into doing a mod when they could be doing other things.we lucky if put it in your words have ppl making halfarsed attempts than nothing at all so get off their back Chems done good work

Edited by Donkey Fart

i totally agree with you, donkey fart. when i showed my first model almost a month ago, i got some great feedback and help, that kept me going at times when i wanted to give up modding. without the support of the community no one would make mods!

Interesting thoughts Mark L. But, not appropriate for this thread.

Let's not start any flames in this thread... if you want to carry on this dicussion I can remove three of the posts and put them in another thread for discussion based on that post.

Now, Mark, I have to say I totatlly agree with Donkey Fart. Until you're #1 in modelling, it's kind of hard to judge other peoples works. Constructive critisim is good, dissing isn't.

Given the gun, I'd say the textures look pretty good. Always room for improvement, but they look good.

@Chems,

I have to ask the same thing DonMiguel did... how on earth did you tag that bug? It's a great model and it would be amazing to see it in game.

Ok, well Im just going to ignore Mark L seen as hes not got a credit to his name. Ive been with GR since it came out and never seen any of your work. "godawful textures" Humm then you talk about photo realism. News flash, these were digital photos taken by a guy who has the full collection of live fire mortias. I have G4 128mb 8x AGP card so you aint gonna see umm rendered any better. And I think you must have a low IQ. This is my Secret mod to which you reply those rifles are Mortias, yes thank you I know. Also they actually have Runger mini m 14 in side them. Any way just to show I know what Im doing.

Any back to nice ppl. The drop ship will drop you in at the beginning of the fort mission and take you out at the end. The bugs were tagged with front left as leg and back right as left leg and visa versa. Heres a early pic were they werent scaled up to 1.5. Thanks all you guys. Support is great, its made me get the CHR to about 50%. For your reward a couple pics.

ingamebug.JPG

ingamedropship.JPG

Occh.JPG

All those weapon models were very good, apart from the nuke launcher which I thought looked a little splodgy. And that bug looks amazing! One question though. What are they gonna look like when they get shot? Will bits fly off of them like in the film and how will they look when they fall down?

Good job, Chems.