Starship Troopers Mod

Chems

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hoak Thanks for the offer, but I have finished all other aspects of the mod, this is the final iceing on the cake. Whilst its away been tagged and mission made I will be going over a few things like the "warthog" texture cause that sucks looking at the other little bits. I keep showing this mod to people when they viste my mod, and when I activate it they go wow, a whole new game. Ive only been making it for like 2 and a half years now.

Cant wait to play some MP capture the flag myself.

Thanks Worm, gotta try your trick with the backgrounds for this mod yet.

@Stalker, Dont worry the others were great!

@D, thanks man, means a lot from you you'll get an even closer look soon :P

@Sniper, I suppose, realistically its still a month or 2 off, theres all the finally stages to do. Package send away, test, polish, mission, tag the map work on bugs (no pun inteneded)

PS for the modelers out there, Id just like to add that the radio mast is actually only 30 polys :P

Edited by Chems

radio mast is actually only 30 polys

I don't believe ya :P

Nice camp, do the spotlights work ? I see some sort of powersupply(black thing with cable) - blowable ?

Looking very good there, this goes into the planet-map ?

Radio Mast is just a triangle with the shape of the other bits on, and then all alpha textured.

I hope to have the spotlights to work if I do a night version, but they wont move, and as for the fuel tank you mentioned, blowable sounds good I will have to put that in.

Edit: And yes it is on the Plant P terrain which was completed ages ago and I posted screens of. But this was just to show the fort of so I rendered on its own.

Edited by Chems

Much respect Mate! :notworthy:

Great Project, and I want to help ya with what ever I can.

Im the captain of the DEN OF WOLVES. We have been playing GR for about 2 years now, but have been into FPSs since 1998.(all Novalogic and TomClancy games) My Boyz are Very excited about your Mod.

As a day job, I work in one of the best sound studios in Miami, Fl.(broadcast)

Im the Production Director, so basically I have about 9 studios and engineers at my disposal. :rolleyes: ( I love my job.)

I would like to offer you anything you may need as far as SOUND for your mod Mate. No strings attached! Simply want to Help your proj.

I believe very strongly in what your doing here and Im willing to pitch in to help ya complete this..or better what you may have. ;)

We can go back and forth via internet and can work in whatever file format you need.

Here is my personal email: robertduran@hotmail.com

I check this email often..

Else, Good luck and We'll be waiting to sing the praises of this Mod.

Greywolf-DOW

Miami, Fl.

:D Well, I wouldnt say Hollywood, but pretty darn close!

You name it, we can pretty much do it.

I was thinking that it would be cool to make some custom music tracks for

this mod. Somthing along the lines of the movies sound track but NOT using the very sound track as this may cause some copyright probs.

Same thing with the Effects, similar but NOT the exact samples from the movie.

Anyway, Let me know....the studios waitin'.. :thumbsup:

Greywolf-Dow

Sounds good with the sound offer but I have to say sound is probably one of the best bits in this mod as its all ready all done. But I may have another offer for you will email you in the next few days. My HD has crashed so Im logged on my laptop. Just think if I lose my HD SST will be gone for ever!

Sounds good with the sound offer but I have to say sound is probably one of the best bits in this mod as its all ready all done. But I may have another offer for you will email you in the next few days. My HD has crashed so Im logged on my laptop. Just think if I lose my HD SST will be gone for ever!

backup?? :unsure::blink:

well put it this way, Ive plugged my laptop in my PCs surrond sound for some music took me a while to find some CDs but I found my Rage CD. On the table too my left sits the brain of my PC covered in dust and atop that sits the hardisk waiting to be moved to a new location for file recovery. Hope all goes well or SST aint ever coming out cause theres no backup. But I hope all goes well tonight when I perform the transfer. Got myself geek 1 and Cheif Geek on the case (nojam55 of our forums here) doing it. Should be a ok.

Im not worried, but then I never am so it doesnt really mean anything.

When Im back and running I definatly got an email for you wolf.

Not to mention the fact that your beloved Chems (or not beloved hated maybe probably by KP,) was nearly killed when I opened the case and was swarmed by dust particles. I was coffin my lungs out, stumbled to the window to get some fresh air, man it was soo full.

My HD has crashed so Im logged on my laptop. Just think if I lose my HD SST will be gone for ever!

Can't believe you don't have a backup somewhere Chems - I'm the only one 'round here that forgets to do that :nono:

I've got some of it - not the map of course, but all the character models etc :(