Thank-You lighty and thales for all the fun !

Our team, which consisted of ozzy916/renegade dropped in this most celebrated of 2008 GR tournament through the proverbial back door (actually with alot of crying and pleading, da ozz is good at that you no). Anyway, after we received confirmation of our listing on the tourney board (last place damnit<-----------can u believe this, what kind of respect is that?), after i calmed down a bit we began to gloat : ) Ya we da best kinda stuff started filling da room with my tm and i. Do you all (rest of the tourney teams) know before the tourney started, we (renegade<------don blame me for this one) were actually gonna send to all the other teams our condolences [ sympathetic message: an expression of sorrow and sympathy] for vying for 2nd place LOL (ozzy916<---------da instigator here); however, we quickly realized, hey wait a min, there seems to be several REALLY good teams here. The consequence of our sudden revelation of having to work for our teams VICTORY LAP CELEBRATION never really occured to us until we actually were forced to look at the tourney listing : ( As mission 1 past, we still thought we da best dam team here (especially after our most impressive time of (3 min, 28 sec for M1 Map 1). Then after mission 2 past, ok a bit less confidence arose, then after mission 3 past, well we really screwed ourselves on this one : ( So we didn't finish in top place, hey our team figured we don wanna upset other teams is all (caugh) : )

Now on-to the important stuff:

Who da heck are these two modders LIGHTY AND THALES? hmm,

and what right do they have in putting us teams through this most special, courageous, majestic, yet horrendous, aversion, and consternation of disciplines of theirs? All of our teams signed up for this tramatic, excruciating, most unforgiving tourney didn't we? But hey, in hindsight [understanding after fact: the ability or opportunity to understand and judge an event or experience after it has occurred] all OUR team signed up for was the quick tourney win (easy one at that) and all that goes with it)<------------------oh ozz, behave.

That leaves our ozzy916/renegade team question which is this: So what does ozzy916/renegade owe to LIGHTY AND THALES from this most stressful, exhilarating, invigorating, privileged, and liberated belief?

Let us start off by saying our team, ozzy916/renegade would like to officially extend our MOST fondness appreciation for: all your hard work, what must have been many long hours, what must have been many sleepless nights, for the GR community as a whole, for all the designing, scripting, frustration, communicating with each other (our team know's how trully difficult that is), followed by the planning with the immagination to come up with such a superb tournament is trully STUPENDOUS.

Cheers to LIGHTY and THALES from all of us, may U2 GENUINELY and SERIOUSLY live long and prosper,--------------------------> the 2008 GR Community,

P.S. (post script) Little smiley faces etc. cannot do justice for your most inspirational work; therefore, may we at least say [THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH LIGHTY and THALES]

Edited by ozzy916

This is one of the coolest reply's by lighty for M1 Map 2:

the reply is suitable - because i have patched the mission so that noone can go where they shouldnt be going anymore. it is a sniper mission not a cqb bust open the prison and kill everything inside mission.

dam these close quarter combat peeps lol <----------shh ozz, don let out yer secrets

Great missions, to the point that I am desperate to play some of them again to a proper conclusion.

Some of the new stuff in there had me laughing hard - although I wasn't laughing last night when I carefully spent 10 minutes creeping up on a sniper from behind with Zero covering him from afar, only to discover after letting off 3 pistol rounds into his ass, that he was already dead, from a single sniper bullet to the head 20 minutes earlier. :rolleyes:

Awesome campaign, congrats and thanks to Lightspeed and thales for all their hard work on it.

[THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH LIGHTY and THALES]

Nice words ozzy :rocky: , btw maybe we will have a small CQB tourney soon, ten "4 man teams", no sign ups , only invited clans and players, one "live insertion" with observers, one chance only, just like real life. Public release after end of tourney, of course.

More info soon.

:FIREdevil:

Edited by Thales

Thanks to everyone that played - made all this work worthwhile ( I only wish those little bugs didnt rear their ugly heads along the way, but you know what, it's the bugs that remind me and everyone how technically demanding this stuff can be)

Ozzy - i can always count on u for huge thankyous...and it is for ppl like yourself that drives me to script and put together these tourneys.

Rocky - thanx as usual for what you have given us all for a long time in GR.Net and all the support and tools you have given me along the way and to the rest of the community. you are a legend and we love u.

To Ghostaholic for giving us forums and so much support and beta testing our work - and for supporting the GR community for so many years - thanx.

Tek - for being so damn friendly all the time and inviting me to observe your final mission - an honor thanx.

Fellow modders - for advice and assistance whenever needed along the way.

And to Thales, what can I say about Thales - wow....

Together we came up with this concept and at times I thought that I might never get the scripting done, but Thales inspired me, drove me forwards to get this done with his phenomenal and unrelenting modding.

Any objects I needed - never an issue for Thales - name it, it's done.

Those weapons, and spotter scopes, and scope masks... the images, the NV tweaks, etc etc etc

You are a legend mate - an honor and a priveledge to work along side you. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Lightspeed

Edited by Lightspeed

Thanks Lighty & Thales, this is a great mod, and a great tourney! The missions are a really , REALLY something to remember. My son & I enjoyed hours playing together on this, and we sure will go again to beat the (many) maps we couldn't during the tourney.

THANK YOU! (standing ovation) :notworthy:

just so everyone knows - all of the missions are being tweaked for the public release for some added replayability and difficulty.

And.....

3 new missions on the way shortly afterwards on brand new maps!!

Kool, but i hope those missions are going to be more difficult than M3 Map 3, i mean that was a little too easy ; )

All members of *TEK*SQUAD would like to thank Lightspeed, Thales and all others who were involved in putting on this brilliant piece of hard work. Your creative implementation of the sniper/spotter concept into [GR] is remarkable.

:thumbsup:

We also would like to thank all the teams who took part in this tourney and give credit to the entire [GR] community. We all had a blast and we hope to see you all in a tourney again.

Our team, which consisted of ozzy916/renegade dropped in this most celebrated of 2008 GR tournament through the proverbial back door (actually with alot of crying and pleading, da ozz is good at that you no). Anyway, after we received confirmation of our listing on the tourney board (last place damnit<-----------can u believe this, what kind of respect is that?), after i calmed down a bit we began to gloat : ) Ya we da best kinda stuff started filling da room with my tm and i. Do you all (rest of the tourney teams) know before the tourney started, we (renegade<------don blame me for this one) were actually gonna send to all the other teams our condolences [ sympathetic message: an expression of sorrow and sympathy] for vying for 2nd place LOL (ozzy916<---------da instigator here); however, we quickly realized, hey wait a min, there seems to be several REALLY good teams here. The consequence of our sudden revelation of having to work for our teams VICTORY LAP CELEBRATION never really occured to us until we actually were forced to look at the tourney listing : ( As mission 1 past, we still thought we da best dam team here (especially after our most impressive time of (3 min, 28 sec for M1 Map 1). Then after mission 2 past, ok a bit less confidence arose, then after mission 3 past, well we really screwed ourselves on this one : ( So we didn't finish in top place, hey our team figured we don wanna upset other teams is all (caugh) : )

Now on-to the important stuff:

Who da heck are these two modders LIGHTY AND THALES? hmm,

and what right do they have in putting us teams through this most special, courageous, majestic, yet horrendous, aversion, and consternation of disciplines of theirs? All of our teams signed up for this tramatic, excruciating, most unforgiving tourney didn't we? But hey, in hindsight [understanding after fact: the ability or opportunity to understand and judge an event or experience after it has occurred] all OUR team signed up for was the quick tourney win (easy one at that) and all that goes with it)<------------------oh ozz, behave.

That leaves our ozzy916/renegade team question which is this: So what does ozzy916/renegade owe to LIGHTY AND THALES from this most stressful, exhilarating, invigorating, privileged, and liberated belief?

Let us start off by saying our team, ozzy916/renegade would like to officially extend our MOST fondness appreciation for: all your hard work, what must have been many long hours, what must have been many sleepless nights, for the GR community as a whole, for all the designing, scripting, frustration, communicating with each other (our team know's how trully difficult that is), followed by the planning with the immagination to come up with such a superb tournament is trully STUPENDOUS.

Cheers to LIGHTY and THALES from all of us, may U2 GENUINELY and SERIOUSLY live long and prosper,--------------------------> the 2008 GR Community,

P.S. (post script) Little smiley faces etc. cannot do justice for your most inspirational work; therefore, may we at least say [THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH LIGHTY and THALES]

This next question of mine was sent after the tourney to LIGHTY and ThALES which say's it all.

QUOTE:

Hello to lighty and thales, do we at least get nice guy points<--------------- the ozz tryin real hard here

THALES:

What about a "big thanks" plus a "hope to see you soon in another tourney", "have fun" and "good luck".

was hoping for more, oh well, guess we'll just have to settle with the good luck thing lol

THALES:

What about a "big thanks" plus a "hope to see you soon in another tourney", "have fun" and "good luck".

was hoping for more, oh well, guess we'll just have to settle with the good luck thing lol

:lol:

My tm and i finally completed mission3 map3 early on the 99th try, so my question is this: do we still get points? 0:) ozz

lol-thx for all the effort you guys put in, tbh i hated doing some missions again and again, but competition and challenge were good, and it proved that my beloved game is still alive :)

Thanks, 9MS 3 had a great performance, finished as second best team tied with BADS 1. Hope to see 9MS clan in the new CQB tourney we will have, one chance only to each "4 man team" to complete two maps.

:thumbsup: