Weapon skining help

In Photoshop, just go to the channels tab and select the alpha channel instead of the rgb/r/g/b channels that are selected by default. Also turn off visibility on the default channels to you see the alpha channel better. Then simply edit it as usual, in the allowed gray scale.

If the texture doesn't have an alpha channel, simply go into the channels tab and add a new channel like adding a new layer in the layer tab. The new channel with by default become the alpha channel.

This is 101 texture knowledge and should be explain in every beginner texture/picture editing guide there is.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working with photoshop for the past 3 years now, and Alpha channels havent given me this much trouble up-until now.

First attempt at GRAW 2 weapon skinning gave me a Chrome M14.

Second attempt at GRAW 2 weapon skinning gave me a horribly done Urban camo M14.

What/How do you guys get the skin's looking so nice? do you have the alpha and RGB on? is alpha white? black? grey? what?