Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X PC Trailer

Iceman87

Hi you guys :D

I've been playing GR for a long time and just picked up GRAW and GRAW2 :wacko:

Alright...First I am a flight sim nerd playing FSX and Falcon 4.0 Allied force an Lock On. I just HAD to point out some innacuracies in the video.

You see that plane? That is a Dassault Raffel, used by the French Air Force to support ground operations. It's either that pilot has high security class or another screw up by Ubi. Then you see him having a missle flying at him from the ground. It looks like a sidewinder which is purely launched from air to shoot down other aircraft. So why is it being fired from the ground? Finally he drops his bombs to support the Ghosts and he drops a GBU Paveway series Laser guided bomb. Then what I saw next made me laugh hard..It was rocket assisted. Ubi, if you haven't noticed Paveway's are free fall bombs.

Oh well

Time to get Ground Branch

Wrong about the Sidewinder. It is used on the MIM-72 / M48 Chaparral Forward Area Air-Defense System [FAADS] antiair weapon system though it has been deactivated for some time.

Alright...First I am a flight sim nerd playing FSX and Falcon 4.0 Allied force an Lock On. I just HAD to point out some innacuracies in the video.

You see that plane? That is a Dassault Raffel, used by the French Air Force to support ground operations. It's either that pilot has high security class or another screw up by Ubi. Then you see him having a missle flying at him from the ground. It looks like a sidewinder which is purely launched from air to shoot down other aircraft. So why is it being fired from the ground? Finally he drops his bombs to support the Ghosts and he drops a GBU Paveway series Laser guided bomb. Then what I saw next made me laugh hard..It was rocket assisted. Ubi, if you haven't noticed Paveway's are free fall bombs.

Oh well

Wrong about the Sidewinder. It is used on the MIM-72 / M48 Chaparral Forward Area Air-Defense System [FAADS] antiair weapon system though it has been deactivated for some time.

Also: AGM-123 Skipper II (rocket assisted Paveway II, US Navy only). Sorry mate :D. You do have a point though. But then again, this is hardly going to be the most realistic portrayal of modern air war ever seen...

Respectfully

krise madsen

Why would Ubi include an outdated weapon system in their game when it takes place in like 2014

And the Emerson Electric is for the US Navy only...Or is it exported to those french guys flying Rafales now? :P

Oh yeah the guys shout "rifle one" when they release the Paveways. Rifle One is the designation for the AGM-65 Maverick and the correct saying would be "GBU's Away"

And since when could Private Military companies like in this game afford to start a war....ughhh Ubi!!!

Edited by jonathan.li

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well

Oh well

Also: AGM-123 Skipper II (rocket assisted Paveway II, US Navy only). Sorry mate :D. You do have a point though. But then again, this is hardly going to be the most realistic portrayal of modern air war ever seen...

Respectfully

krise madsen

Why would Ubi include an outdated weapon system in their game when it takes place in like 2014

And the Emerson Electric is for the US Navy only...Or is it exported to those french guys flying Rafales now? :P

Oh yeah the guys shout "rifle one" when they release the Paveways. Rifle One is the designation for the AGM-65 Maverick and the correct saying would be "GBU's Away"

And since when could Private Military companies like in this game afford to start a war....ughhh Ubi!!!

It's Ubi. Do you think they care about the hardware that is portrayed or if it is used accurately? This is another Advanced Warfighter kind of junk that the next GR may or may be about.

Sorry mate, just nitpicking :D

And as WK said, it's Ubi. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the next Tom Clancy game took place in outer space in the year 2255 or sumfink :rolleyes:

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: Don't be surprised either if British pilots (if there are any) in the game talk like it's 1941 and wear huge mustages... :wall::lol:

Been waiting too long for an arcade-version of Lock On in the "Ace Combat"-series style for PC but so far there is nothing to be excited about. No ingame and just bad voice-acting.

I'll wait for first ingame materials that give me a better idea of I could be waiting for. Until then I am just glad that the newest "Ace Combat" is coming for PS3 as well.

I've been coming here for a long time to check on maps and what not and I usually keep my opinions to myself. I can't do that here. Ubi proved the worth of their character with the unapologetic, lubrication free, cash grab with no reach around that was GRAW 2. I got my start with online gaming playing Jane's Fighter's Anthology. I have always been a combat flight sim junkie and have been clean and sober since EA bought out Jane's and shut their servers down. Now I am faced with a terrible choice. I have to pass at the chance to be able to play a modern combat flight sim online again, or I have to do something that I swore to never do again. I have to give Ubi money for a game that will almost certainly not be anything close to the promos, pre-release renders, movie clips, "developer diary anecdotes", or anything on the box the disc comes in. I come here often enough to know that slamming Ubi here is mostly a waste of keystrokes, but this entire discussion is only valid if the product being discussed is coming from a company that is interested in producing something other than a $60 automatic crash log generator. I want to have a modern flight sim more than anyone else on the planet, but my cheerio is still swollen and red from last time so I say no thanks Ubi. You can debate the merits and flaws of the accuracy of the game script and you can discuss the ridiculous plot till you're blue in the face but buying this game for me would be as stupid as wearing assless chaps to your first day in prison.

Edited by Archangel_OGN

I've been coming here for a long time to check on maps and what not and I usually keep my opinions to myself. I can't do that here. Ubi proved the worth of their character with the unapologetic, lubrication free, cash grab with no reach around that was GRAW 2. I got my start with online gaming playing Jane's Fighter's Anthology. I have always been a combat flight sim junkie and have been clean and sober since EA bought out Jane's and shut their servers down. Now I am faced with a terrible choice. I have to pass at the chance to be able to play a modern combat flight sim online again, or I have to do something that I swore to never do again. I have to give Ubi money for a game that will almost certainly not be anything close to the promos, pre-release renders, movie clips, "developer diary anecdotes", or anything on the box the disc comes in. I come here often enough to know that slamming Ubi here is mostly a waste of keystrokes, but this entire discussion is only valid if the product being discussed is coming from a company that is interested in producing something other than a $60 automatic crash log generator. I want to have a modern flight sim more than anyone else on the planet, but my cheerio is still swollen and red from last time so I say no thanks Ubi. You can debate the merits and flaws of the accuracy of the game script and you can discuss the ridiculous plot till you're blue in the face but buying this game for me would be as stupid as wearing assless chaps to your first day in prison.

Have you tried Blazing Angels? Apparently, it's the same developer, so that's probably the best comparison availible at this time. It definately won't be a hardcore realistic flightsim. But it might be good (or at least OK) for what it is. I doubt I'll play it (I generally don't like arcade flight games), but it might be an OK game in it's own right.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Blazing Angels? Apparently, it's the same developer, so that's probably the best comparison availible at this time. It definately won't be a hardcore realistic flightsim. But it might be good (or at least OK) for what it is. I doubt I'll play it (I generally don't like arcade flight games), but it might be an OK game in it's own right.

That's the biggest "fear" for me. I didn't really try those games except for a demo and it wasn't very appealing, nor was any of the footage I saw for it. I imagine the game is going to be like GRAW360 but in the air. Overly frantic with targets everywhere and diamonds flying all over your screen, people whining into your ear every five seconds, objective complete messages shooting across screen everytime you press a button and blow something up. Not that it will be horrible, but not the most enjoyable.

I wish we had a bit more info on this game other then a vapor ware all fluff press release and cg trailer. Like some in game footage or a proper website. Maybe after that UBI days thing or E3.

hehe, I wonder if those Air-to-Air sidewinders are laser-guided? :)

Also, is it possible to make a faux-flight sim as linear as GRAW2? That would be interesting to see in itself.

(Durka's pot-shot of the day. KaPOW!) :)

Edited by durka-durka

So this comes from the same team that did Blazing Angels? The team that wasn't able to get a, as I think pretty common, joystick to work properly? I want to have analogue axes and not "buttons" on my joystick, it's a d***ed flight game! :wall:

Then after two patches which should have gotten rid of the problems but only worsened it Ubi did the well known thing: Scrap the patches and release a new game.

As I read from the forums that one has got the same problems, gladly I only burned 10€ on the budget version. I guess that's what you get for not properly informing yourself before buying a game. Budget version, a properly working, tested and patched game, ha! >_<

So I guess except the graphics there is nothing to be expected beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised if it had no joystick support and only worked with a 360 controller :D

Regarding a real sim I'll wait for Black Shark and until the A-10 gets released I will crash myself through the Kamov training :ph34r: