Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup, it happens get over it.

Rocky, find me an artist who released professional work at ubi without permission. It's illegal and incredibly bad form, i've never heard of anyone doing it. No respectable artist would be caught dead leaking company assets like that unless their employer consented.

Sup, it happens get over it.

Rocky, find me an artist who released professional work at ubi without permission.

OMG, do you think I am making this up? I said a few posts ago before you started arguing the toss that you only have to look in the archives here to see it has happened in the past.

Step out in to the real world for split second and you'll see that things happen. People don't always follow the letter of the law, whether on purpose or by accident, sheesh.

It's illegal and incredibly bad form, i've never heard of anyone doing it. No respectable artist would be caught dead leaking company assets like that unless their employer consented.

So, because you have never heard of it happening, it surely cannot be true? :o

:wall:

It's illegal and incredibly bad form, i've never heard of anyone doing it. No respectable artist would be caught dead leaking company assets like that unless their employer consented.

So, because you have never heard of it happening, it surely cannot be true? :o

:wall:

In the game art community, pretty much, yeah.

Seriously, i've seen plenty of Ubisoft art, but never a piece without permission, and i have most of their well known/publicly posting artists' pages bookmarked. Find a time when this has happened and i'll concede that you're right, but i'm actually fairly certain it never has, and you're mistaking art they've condoned the release of for things just posted up by artists without permission. In the event any got put up, it would be taken down immediately.

Sorry to frustrate you to the point of :wall: , but i really do not think i'm wrong here. Plus, the artist linked clearly labled it as gatchaman fanart and something he's doing on vaction, so 2+2 = 4, this isn't official art.

Brettzies: HAWX, wow. that is an impressive bad name. Hopefully the game will be fun, though.

Seriously, i've seen plenty of Ubisoft art, but never a piece without permission, and i have most of their well known/publicly posting artists' pages bookmarked. Find a time when this has happened and i'll concede that you're right,

Sorry to frustrate you to the point of :wall: , but i really do not think i'm wrong here.

I KNOW you are wrong and I sure as hell don't need to spend time searching through my own archives just to proving it to you so you can make a 10 second "oh yeh, you are right in that instance" post.

I know you are wrong because the person in question got into serious trouble over it, and I was asked to remove the images link. - The point is, it happened, but hey, you'll be right Sup, you'll be right.

The fact that the Ace Combat games are set in Fantasy-landia (or whatever stupid name they have for fake countries) always cracks me up. I imagine Ubi's air game will at least be set in the real world. I'm officially siding with this as a promotion for "Air Combat". Anyone who thinks this is a new GR game will be extremely disappointed. I'm still excited to see if Ubisoft can do a good modern flight game (no one has done a real console sim...AC is too arcade-like), but there's no way it's GR -- that would be far too subtle of a trick for Ubi. They're not so sharp.

Wow. You've totally missed the point of what I said. I never mentioned anything about "realism" in both setting and gameplay. All I said was that if this new crap turn out to have a better story than AC5 because AC5 had the best story of any fighter plane game I've ever played IMO, then all hats off to Ubisoft.

In terms of actual gameplay realism though, I would expect them to give us the usual half-baked idea of the concept if I were you. I haven't seen any gimmicks being implemented yet though so maybe we'll be seeing a decent down-to-earth game this time......................hopefully......<_<

Hmmm, an interesting way to evade a SAH SAM! I can't stand these games, I used to enjoy ace combat years ago but no the sheer unrealistic manner of them irritates me lol. Time to go for a spin in a REAL sim, Falcon 4.0 :D.

I was hoping for another GR game, perhaps its too soon after GR:AW2, or have ubi just ditched the PC altogether?

I expect the new TC flight game to be similar to Blazing Angels and have some odd looking and futuristic aircraft. I do not expect realistic flight dynamics or flight envelopes.

My thoughts exactly: Blazing Angels with jets. I don't care much for Blazing Angles.

Respectfully

krise madsen