Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ubi teaser ?

Brettzies

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K then.Lets asume that UBI has a great marketing Dept since this viral is redirected to GR site.So if we read into that it must be a GR game.That said.With all the rumors of the new GR due out in 1 year and 5 months now,one would have to say it is related to GR.Rumers of another dev house working on a new GR surfaced last year.Grin has also stated they are no longer developing anything for the GRAW series.But,that dont mean they arent doing the new GR though.Or are they.Ubi now has the code for Graw2.How hard would it be to reskin,repakage for a new GR.Wolfy said 1 man could do a map in 30 days.Thats not including all the new objects that would be drawn for it since the new one is suposed have no urban settings.But could it be a expansion pack for the Graw 2 series till they can get Ghost Recon out the door?For the 360 it would be a complete new game.For the PC it could be a expansion.Would Ubi have such forsight to foresee a need for such a game to keep the title going untill the release of the new GR title? :hmm:

May be something, may be nothing....

The artist who did the character modeling/texturing for R6V was working on a model

of a female pilot.

If you google "ZbrushCentral - GATCHA-Zgirl".

Have a look....

Hey,...now that I think about it.......Tom Clancy's house was burnt up...and

OH MY God!!!...It's Tom Clancy's admission....He burnt his own house down!

Thats it, call the Fire Marshal.....probably did it for the insurance money.

His HUMMER needs a tank of gas.

Ronin01

Edited by Ronin01

And in that image it looks like a soldier with a pistol. Hardly the image you would assoicate with a flight sim. Me thinks Ghost Recon 4 will be announced soon.

That's the TomClancy game brand logo, goes on everything, even Tom Clancy's Advanced Flower Garden Simulator.

Maybe it will be both, seems like a lot of aircraft radio chatter though.

that crap flash thingy looks like a hint of another GRAW game to me. I hope I'm wrong though since I don't think Ubi would be THAT stupid to go towards using the 'EA Strategy' of releasing the same game every bloody year. (though the current generations of GR and R6 games seem to draw out the impression <_<)

Edited by mark2000

The artist who did the character modeling/texturing for R6V was working on a model

of a female pilot.

Have a look....

Got a link? I had a look and came up empty.

Everone remember "story line" in ORG. Back then it was good reason to go war is someone is killed somewere, becouse war is fun. Now its bit harder to get war. Pepole what to know "is this only option" and how did we get to this point when it looks like war is comming. So we need a GOOD reason to puplic that we are using more and more money to army.

So, it looks like UBI is planing us a GOOD reason to gear up again. I think it´s fresh start if this time we would get more story and not that "I stay so world will stay at peace, now I go to missile silo to comit suside, becouse I AM a HERO"

Then again MP was GOLD in [GR]. Nobody was intrest in story.

Lets wait and judge after it´s out.

Everone remember "story line" in ORG. Back then it was good reason to go war is someone is killed somewere, becouse war is fun. Now its bit harder to get war. Pepole what to know "is this only option" and how did we get to this point when it looks like war is comming. So we need a GOOD reason to puplic that we are using more and more money to army.

So, it looks like UBI is planing us a GOOD reason to gear up again. I think it´s fresh start if this time we would get more story and not that "I stay so world will stay at peace, now I go to missile silo to comit suside, becouse I AM a HERO"

Then again MP was GOLD in [GR]. Nobody was intrest in story.

Lets wait and judge after it´s out.

Well personally I loved the single player campaign.

contrary to what most people think about that mysterious object being a piece of a satellite, im gonna have to disagree. ive watched all the clips and listened to em and if you listen to the last one closely the guys in teh JSF are being shot at by a few SAMS. then all of a sudden they are engaging in combat and tehn all the enemy units are KIA.

i think it could be an air combat game of some sorts from ubisoft which seems kind of odd considering it was on the GR webpage. so what is it now, Ghost Recon Advanced Air Warrior :hmm:

also, i opened up google earth and tried to find a location on the map that looked like the one at the beginning of the clip. the onyl areas i could come up with are the following:

-->where africa touches spain

-->arabian gulf

-->tip of S. america that touches central america

those are the places i could locate that looked similar to that on the video clip. now, who know, the map on the video clip could just be a made up location or something else...like a smaller area

and i jsut realized, it is no longer only on teh GR webpage, it is all over all the other ubisoft game websites. so maybe, its a new game all together. or maybe they just wanna screw with us ;)

sorry this post is so long but ive done even more research :D the MACSAT is actually a satellite deployed in 1990 and used in the Gulf War to relay messages to troops and such. here is a quote from a site:

"...May 9, 1990 began to furnish operational communications support to USMC aircraft involved in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm..."

on another webpage the satellite is supposedly belonging to malaysia O_o weird. but most sites have stated that the satellite itself is a NEO satellite meaning it orbits the earth near the equator. so that could open up the floor to more mexico crap :(

btw, i know i may contradict myself a bit but tahts cause im continually doing research ;)

Edited by Tri_Tard

think it could be an air combat game of some sorts from ubisoft which seems kind of odd considering it was on the GR webpage. so what is it now, Ghost Recon Advanced Air Warrior

air warrior? you mean this guy?

AW_right.jpg

not far from possibility i guess. :lol:

but on a side-note, if ubi is planning on doing a Hollywood style aircraft game, then they're running into Ace Combat territory. If they can beat AC5 in terms of story then hats off to them.

Edited by mark2000

but on a side-note, if ubi is planning on doing a Hollywood style aircraft game, then they're running into Ace Combat territory. If they can beat AC5 in terms of story then hats off to them.

The fact that the Ace Combat games are set in Fantasy-landia (or whatever stupid name they have for fake countries) always cracks me up. I imagine Ubi's air game will at least be set in the real world. I'm officially siding with this as a promotion for "Air Combat". Anyone who thinks this is a new GR game will be extremely disappointed. I'm still excited to see if Ubisoft can do a good modern flight game (no one has done a real console sim...AC is too arcade-like), but there's no way it's GR -- that would be far too subtle of a trick for Ubi. They're not so sharp.

of a female pilot.

Have a look....

Here you go young man Female Pilot

also, i opened up google earth and tried to find a location on the map that looked like the one at the beginning of the clip. the onyl areas i could come up with are the following:

-->where africa touches spain

-->arabian gulf

-->tip of S. america that touches central america

Also, don't forget that in the fist vid/audio there's a point where somebody (the perceived enemy?) are speaking Spanish. That should narrow down the location some more.... :whistle:

I'm from Spain and i have to say that first time i saw the video i thought about Morocco (as someone said, where Africa touches Spain :D) but it could be cause I'm just used to see that map on TV in the weather cast or news programs (or however is said).

But also i didn't think the guy talking were Spanish, of course he talked Spanish but not from Spain, if u understand me :D.

of a female pilot.

Have a look....

Here you go young man Female Pilot

It's nothing, Ubisoft doesn't let out art from their games in unsanctioned posts, and he clearly said he was doing it on vacation. Plus i highly doubt his studio is doing Air Combat since they just finished vegas and it's been in development for months.

Ubisoft doesn't let out art from their games in unsanctioned posts,

Our archives beg to differ. Sanctioned or not, modellers just love to share their work and get feedback from their peers.

It's sanctioned, or else illegal.

I happen to know some current/former ubi employees -- every time one posts an art dump on a forum Ubisoft has given them the go ahead, and the parts of the art they post are only what Ubi allows. Never flats on textures, and rarely wireframes. :thumbsup:

Also, if it was production work they'd be clear about the product and name their concept artist. For reference -

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=48467&