Ubi teaser ?

Brettzies

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we keep the negativity to the appropriate threads please - this is for discussion on the meaning of the new viral from Ubi.

The S08 marking could be an indication that the folder is a military recruitment dossier....

Data pull info is pretty cool. It has ticker counting repair time. I guess when complete the info will be viewable. 33 hrs and 5 min as of now.

You can click on the 1st and 3rd files and you will be treated to some radio chatter, breaking in and out. Pretty cool.

Well the current location of those 4 diamonds (blue diamonds/GRAW), certainly look like they are on the coast of the Med.

My Clancy-iest guess would be either an American or Russian satellite has crashed in either Libya, Egypt or even worse, Jerusalem. Of course these satellites have a Plutonium core, which could be used in a dirty bomb. It's a pretty crappy place to lose a bird.

=)

What is interesting is I ran across an "ad" for this on a large gaming forum. It redirects to ghostrecon.com. Kinda of strange that they would advertise a new "brand" like that. Didn't Endwar have it's own website almost immediately? Kinda weird, the recorded message's lead me to believe it's about the new brand, but having it based on GR.com is, off. *shrug*

I know a lot of people aren't satisfied with the way GR has gone, myself included, but I'd still like to see the franchise continue.

As for an AirCombat game, if this is it, I'm interested in that too. I actually loved AceCombat6...a little too arcade like with your hundred missles and what not, but I would love to see that done in a more realistic manner. Maybe not a sim, but just something with correct loadouts, etc. Sort of a cross. AceCombat6 was just plain fun with great looking scenery and graphics all around.

Seems a little premature to label this game as the TC: Air Combat game, even though the clues seem to point in that direction. The one discrepancy being that all the other sites point back to the main GR site for the most info.

Unless of course:

GHOST RECON: ADVANCED AIR COMBAT WARRIOR ...

...now the Ghosts can fly with their super-jet pack narcom acceleration boots!

Edited by Brettzies

Seems a little premature to point this game as the TC: Air Combat game, even though the clues seem to point in that direction. The one discrepancy being that all the other sites point back to the main GR site for the most info.

Yup, every other site brings you to GR.com for the more detailed stuff. The other Clancy game sites are showing something similar to what appeared first on GR.com. I'm curious to see if those change as well.

One thing I do have to give credit to Ubi for is that they have some cool viral marketing campaigns.

BUT I have a very very good feeling about the next Ghost Recon game. I think it will be huge.

on what do u base this?

this is what UBI must love - we can screw these players over n over and they'll still give us more n more chances. let's churn out some more [mod edit]

Do not bypass the swear filter.

Edited by NYR_32

I'VE GOT IT!

S08:

S = SUCKFACTOR

08 is on a scale of 1-10, 1 meaning it doesn't suck at all, and 10 meaning this is a new all-time low for the bar to be set!

OK, but in all seriousness, as long as it's an Ubi product you KNOW the PC folks are gonna get JUICED in favor of ... well, y'know. We've been through it three times already...

I really wish I had ANYTING AT ALL positive to say about it...

No way these things cost millions, but I hear you. At the same time...this is the entertainment industry. I love the GR games, but I can admit that their marketing (packaging, ads, etc.) has lacked pretty heavily.

$8 million for a PS2 game back then, I don't think it's changed a whole lot.

Rough estimate based on 20 months and 200 employees

Even EAs Montreal boss says the cost of producing a game is crazy.

Of course these are higher end games usually, ones that are worked on for an extended period of time and/or heavily promoted (ie Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW 1/2, CoD4, Crysis, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, Oblivion, and Halo all come to mind).

And a little more on topic, I'm beginning to think this is another extension of Endwar. It really wouldn't make sense for them to be promoting Endwar and another Clancy title at the same time. Endwar just doesn't seem interesting to me because I have a feeling it's going to be "dumbed down" for lack of a better term. Now if they made it similar to Company of Heroes, well, that'd be different.

The 2 videos with audio,seems to be a pilot flying and aircraft.

So it is a Flying Combat Simulation.

The last game(of this kind) i bought was lock ON,i think from Ubi.

The buggiest game ever !!!

Edit

Lock On: Modern Air Combat is a popular modern fighter simulation developed by Eagle Dynamics and published by Ubisoft

Release date November 20, 2003

Disadvantages

The initial version of the game was flawed with many 'bugs

And for Last

While v1.02 of the original game is not quite as stable as v1.12b, the community has designed user-created corrections for the game, or 'tweaks', which allow the game to run in a smoother manner

Yes the community gave the solution !! Pure Ubi

Edited by Invisible

In the first video with [broken] audio, I heard the words 'in-flight personnel', or something to that extent.

We might be able to determine more about it if we knew what language one of the guys in the first vid/audio is speaking. I heard something along the lines of 'missiona completta' followed by 'alpha'. As you can see, it's not a language I speak/write myself.

Edited by WytchDokta

The 2 videos with audio,seems to be a pilot flying and aircraft.

So it is a Flying Combat Simulation.

The last game(of this kind) i bought was lock ON,i think from Ubi.

The buggiest game ever !!!

Edit

Lock On: Modern Air Combat is a popular modern fighter simulation developed by Eagle Dynamics and published by Ubisoft

Release date November 20, 2003

Disadvantages

The initial version of the game was flawed with many 'bugs

And for Last

While v1.02 of the original game is not quite as stable as v1.12b, the community has designed user-created corrections for the game, or 'tweaks', which allow the game to run in a smoother manner

Yes the community gave the solution !! Pure Ubi

just in case you still have LOCK ON....visit LockOnFiles and LockOn.co.uk......grt ppl in the forums...very mature and very willing to assist...now back on topic. :thumbsup: