Ubi teaser ?

Brettzies

Once the satellite image finishes loading, there is a link and if you click it, it opens up and gives you 2 video and audio links (that work out of 5 so far) and there is a pilots face in one frame and you can see jets. Radio chatter is of a military nature for fuel and such with call signs for pilots being used. Just might be the new TC flight game (hard to say if it will be a sim or more like Blazing Angels).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me all the clues on the non-gr-sites look like metal shrapnels or parts from the outer hull of a plane. the image of the burning...thing...could be a flight-recorder which would make sense because you see video and audio of inflight-action. assuming that the above is correct i would guess that a plane went down on the location shown with the green diamonds being parts of that bird or missing crewmen scattered across the area.

my guess is, that this ad is about the new flight-sim from ubi.

In the first video with [broken] audio, I heard the words 'in-flight personnel', or something to that extent.

We might be able to determine more about it if we knew what language one of the guys in the first vid/audio is speaking. I heard something along the lines of 'missiona completta' followed by 'alpha'. As you can see, it's not a language I speak/write myself.

its spanish it says "flight 2-75, mission complete requesting alpha, mother"

Edited by GTtdk

I didn't read everyones post, but since you guys talking about a flight Sim. Well they said there was a new one coming Firehawk or something like that. Forget the name now if its wrong, but i remeber we all thought it was a chopper game. Than more info came it was a plane Sim. Is there any chance it may be something on Firehawk ready to go LIVE!? It could be, but its kind of weird to be going off of a GR site! Unless it somehow has something to do with the Ghost or just the team who made GRAW maybe?

Edit:

Found the forum for Tom Clancyâ„¢s Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) now i go back and read that old post [GR:FS] and Firehawk seem to be registered oddly in some way. Maybe it is about Firehawk since it is on a GR site now that i look at it!? Sad part is that it was listed for March 2007. Than again it could of been delayed until now and is ready to go LIVE finaly!

I think it's either just another EndWar spoof as most military groups from the Clancy range are going to be in it. Or it is a new GR. Or possibly another LockOn: Modern Combat.

If it is a new GR. Lets hope its just FPV only, new engine, realistic open maps, and not some hollywood ###### (yes you mitchel) saving the world.

in the first file seems like a jet is going in for in air refueling and gets taken by surprise and gets shot down. the 2ed file has very little audio as of right now but my guess is that it is the search and rescue bird trying to find the crewmen for the planes that where shot down (and what they are showing in the first place is the satellite tracking there trackers that they have to activate after jumping out of the plane) and they have the ghosts in there as the team to keep the air crew alive. the third file is the team that has to go in and help the ghosts and the air crew stay alive.

pure guesses but who knows. just over two hours for the first file as of right now

what ever the next game is from Ubi

from looking at the prev release's

we know what it wont be

If its an multi platform FPS

- it wont be BUG free

- it wont be correctly bug/beta testeed

- it wont have a free stand alone dedicated server program that does not need retail disc files

- it wont support opengl on Windows

- it wont have more then EIGHT colors in the game

- it wont have a decent coop player support

like prev R6 and GR games it will be limited

to only 2 to 4 players

- it will have more free content on consoles

- it will come out on consoles first

before pcs

- it wont support USB keyboard and mouse

on consoles

- it wont have spilt screen duel gaming on PC

with keyboard/mouse + joypad OR two usb keyboards and mouse

- it probly wont have a free downloadable

pc demo if it turns out CRAP (eg like Vegas1/2)

- it wont be finished game upon retail release

another half made game to feed the cash cow

- it wont support a native Linux or Mac client

Thanks. All I understood from the spoken sentence was 'mission complete'. So they speak in Spanish? Are Ubi going for the Mexico setting yet again?

To be fair, there are a lot of places in the world that speak Spanish: the rest of Central America that isn't Mexico, most of South America, obviously Spain itself, a lot of Mediterranean islands and parts of North Africa, plus the Phillipines. So it could be a lot of places. Has anyone had any success in positively identifiying the satellite map images in the opening?

I'm more curious about why they change from Spanish to English.

Thanks. All I understood from the spoken sentence was 'mission complete'. So they speak in Spanish? Are Ubi going for the Mexico setting yet again?

To be fair, there are a lot of places in the world that speak Spanish: the rest of Central America that isn't Mexico, most of South America, obviously Spain itself, a lot of Mediterranean islands and parts of North Africa, plus the Phillipines. So it could be a lot of places. Has anyone had any success in positively identifiying the satellite map images in the opening?

it appears AWACS refuels and gets shot down, and another force is sending an Evac or Combat aircrafts of some sort,

Basically I believe it is a black box that was recovered form the crashland designation and is now probed by someone, basically revealing all of it's operations prior the crash.

Edited by capteenix

The 1st and 3rd files are now complete. The other 3 are partials, you can listen to the broken radio chatter. You can also click on parts of the bar to fast forward to the next availabe peice(white).

Definetly sounding more and more like the Air Combat game.

If you look at the screen shot,The add for Graw 2 looks strangly new with some words under it, I dont recognise the building in it.

\

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/blu...ry606/graw2.jpg

[Edit: Oversize image changed to URL - Please see Forum Rule 3.14 Large Images]

AVAILABLE NOW.

It's just the original banner going out of focus....

I am thinking it's probably the slow official announcement of the new Tom Clancy flight sim game because last time they did this viral advertising on the GRAW site it was to announce End War. As much as I am waiting and looking forward to the next GRAW I am also looking forward to the flight sim as well.

I am thinking it's probably the slow official announcement of the new Tom Clancy flight sim game because last time they did this viral advertising on the GRAW site it was to announce End War. As much as I am waiting and looking forward to the next GRAW I am also looking forward to the flight sim as well.

I agree. However, I really doubt that it will be much of a simulation and more of an action game like Ace Combat 6. Just given the way they've taken all of the games in the TC universe, I can't see them doing a real flight simulator. More like Top Gun meets GRAW. Could still be cool, but I'm not thinking it will be anything like Lock:On or Falcon.

Actually, there are a lot of countries there in which PORTUGUESE is the main language, as well as a few scattered French-speakers from their old colonial days. Oh, and let's not forget Ibiza and the Azores...

Funny how this ad alone will probably sell tens of thousands of copies of whatever the game is/will be. So if it IS another GR installment, then regardless of our last few years, lots of people here will run to buy it once the UBI advertising machine has had it's way with our souls...

But yeah, it's interesting. Worth keeping an eye on...

Yeah but they all redirect to the Ghost Recon site.

If this is a viral campaign for Firehawk then I will be seriously ######. They shouldn't use Ghost Recon to advertise a flight sim. The 2 couldn't be further apart.

Well maybe it is for the next GRAW then because it redirects to the ghost recon website. Either way, I am looking forward to it.