Ubi teaser ?

Brettzies

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I hate this crap. When did game releases, teasers, and announcements turn into big advertising events? If they took this advertising money and put it towards development then maybe games wouldn't cost millions to produce.

Ugh, I hate this crap. When did game releases, teasers, and announcements turn into big advertising events? If they took this advertising money and put it towards development then maybe games wouldn't cost millions to produce.

No way these things cost millions, but I hear you. At the same time...this is the entertainment industry. I love the GR games, but I can admit that their marketing (packaging, ads, etc.) has lacked pretty heavily. COD4 felt like a premium game not just because of its development, but because you could tell they were really supporting it. Also, that's some sweet looking smoke. Usually Ubi has those ######ty Flash effects. Cool to see the game devs getting involved in the marketing...maybe it means RSE will play a real role in GRAW3 beyond multiplayer (like a realistic story???).

Anyhow...that thing doesn't really look like a folder to me. I see a hard edge on the top...feels like metal or ceramic to me. I can see how it might look like an accordion folder, but how would it get that texture/color?

Also, look at these marks on it:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4557/15970004ma1.jpg

1. Not sure what the top one is

2. "680" (covered by smoke here -- sorry)

3. "42" inside a triangle

Those ring any bells for the military folks here?

[Edit IAW Forum Rule 3.14 - oversized image changed to URL]

Edited by Pave Low

I think that is a S08 covered in smoke and there is also a 6 or a 8 in a square beside the 42 triangle. Fk knows what it means but since R6V2 is out there is an advertising hole and if the rumours about a true Ghost Recon sequel are true then it will need to be advertised heavily if it is to be released this winter or spring 2009. Full ubi sequel get lots more advertising than expansion packs ( GRAW2 / R6V2 ).

Maybe our new found ubi forum friends can enlighten us

:rofl: we should have a competition to see who finds out the info first - UBI admins or GR.Net members.

but either way - I implore you - plz stop buying there ######ty products until they decide to look after their customers.

the cycle must be broken.

I think the bag means - plz dispose of your GRAW disks carefully - recycle - don't burn them.

Edited by Lightspeed

I for one was very very disappointed in the GRAW series. Not because they weren't good games, but because they weren't ghost recon games. GRAW 1 being an especially arcadey game.

BUT I have a very very good feeling about the next Ghost Recon game. I think it will be huge.

It will be huge,it will take several years,and when is going to be released(first a 2-3 months delay),the game will be full of bugs,and arcade,and.....

Same story ,No mate,no more money from me to them

I know that the message about the lack of realism, the linearity and spawning problems have gotten through to the right people. Now I understand that people have no faith in UBI atm. But there are great people at the helm of Ghost Recon who are just as big a fan of the series as you are. GRAW and GRAW 2 missed the mark by a long way but I'm sure that won't be the case with the next game in the series.

But there are great people at the helm of Ghost Recon who are just as big a fan of the series as you are.

If Ubi would just let RSE make the next GR game from start to finish, things would be good. I'll gladly sacrifice the better graphics work of the Paris studio for a game with better realism and story.