MISSION 3 - HELD BACK 1 WEEK

Due to delays in some Teams getting their Missions completed - we will hold back the release of Mission 3 another week.

This is so we can get an updated Tournament Table out there so you can see what is required from you for the final mission.

It also give me a chance to polish these missions even further to bring out the cream of the GR Sniper Teams.

It's a very close Competition at the moment so let's see some more results in going into the final mission.

And trust me - Mission 3 will be worth the wait!!

I can understand that not everyone finds time to play everyday... but a whole week should be enough for anyone to play for a few hours hours...

Why signing in for a tourney with a known 1-week schedule if you dont have time to play!?

I hope this wont happen in the next tournament...

I can understand that not everyone finds time to play everyday... but a whole week should be enough for anyone to play for a few hours hours...

Why signing in for a tourney with a known 1-week schedule if you dont have time to play!?

We know this isnt fair with the ones , like your team, that are playing and send us results of all missions released till now. Just one more week and we will make mission 3 available ok ?

:maybe:

some ppl have real life issues - ###### happens so to speak.

take Rocky as an example - he's juggling family, work, website, etc and then trying to find time to fit the missions in with his playing partner...not enuff hours in the day.

but i think you'll like the fact that going into the final mission you know where u will be ranked.

wouldnt be fun for u to finish and then be waiting weeks longer for final results to stream through.

thales u r meant to b working not browsing forums ;)

Edited by Lightspeed

lol but i wonder how are we going to decide whos number 1?? i mean in case that 3 or more teams achieve max points on all maps???

Dont know, ill talk with lighty about this, maybe time as Dai-San suggested, or stealthability, the least enemy soldiers killed, the better.

:thumbsup:

Its OK that M3 comes later, its just a bit... frustrating...

Actually I think the tournament should be a bit longer... "just" 3 missions seems to be a bit short. I want more...

(was this sound lightspeed falling off the chair?)

I hope there will be a new Sniper Tournament later... I will miss the thrill.

well i dunno about you but i build custom computers for some of my customers on the side, i currently have 2 im building at the moment, most of my time has been spent getting updates and OS's installed ..beyond that point I am also my Clans TO for GR which stands for Technical officer,i help get people especially new commers to our clan , set up on the forum, in Ventrilo, in game and in our other squad affiliated programs, once finnished in or at that point i hafta send the reports back to my admin for their approval,

Then after that real life starts for me ...i run a Custom fabrication shop ...anything from Brite metal work and Polish to Airbrush and fine finnish work...to Custom Anodizing and sheet metal work...I also build customers one of a kind serious Radio Controlled applications whether it be Nitro Electric or high end museum scale artifacts i do it all

And when that job has no Draw i run a Small engine and repair shop of my own, my second Buisness that I own, as it is i Own 3 in total and do all my work the old fashined way..one customer at a time

My 3rd buisness is Graphic designer i have 15 years as pressman and layout artist, 8 years in still life and color pixilation and screen printing,and 5 in corrections and layout designer

and I touch base on nearly all aspects of my buisnesses each day........now i'm 37, own my own home free and clear (meaning its payed for )and havent had the luxury of working for someone else and collecting a check and being able to go home and play on the computer...i work from 2 shops, one across town and the other 50 feet from this desk

Along with that i have bills to pay ...customers to chatt with and program files to load and upload and download for customers needs .......i spend nearly 16 hours a day at work...if im lucky i only spent 10 a day the rest i can put torwards gamming.....whatever is left over i train and train hard at being good at GR whether it by myself or with my clan

But to answer your ? as to why and sign into a tourney with only a known week, Thats simple, We at the 5th Element train hard to be as good if not better then the Majority.....(that may sound arrogant) its not intended to but hey its 4am here where i am at and im too tired to calculate the risks involved in upsetting others, actually im hoping this'll draw some of the otherclans here out to Challenge us to a scrim or 2 as we do that as well, we pride ourselves on being Elite GR finatics... Most of us with 7-9 years exxspierence around each other most of my clan have their own partners and know how each other works and trusts that of our fellow mates both on the field and off...so you see Its simple really ...for us its about making a place for our clan to be recognized ...and to draw on the GR comunity to help and keep this GAME ALIVE and full of avid gamers both now and for future GR players

As long as we have people like Thales and others who care enough to put out a great kick ### mod like this, You will find my clan there to support it nomatter what our individual work load is...we support both regular and dedicated players of the GR comminity

~5th~ Raijin TO GR

"just" 3 missions seems to be a bit short. I want more...

(was this sound lightspeed falling off the chair?)

I hope there will be a new Sniper Tournament later... I will miss the thrill.

K but in fact we will have 10 missions (training + 9 real world), thats more than previous tourneys, but anyway sniper team mod, hopefully, will be used by other modders who may feel tempted to script new missions using this same mod.

:thumbsup:

As long as we have people like Thales and others who care enough to put out a great kick ass mod like this, You will find my clan there to support it nomatter what our individual work load is...we support both regular and dedicated players of the GR comminity

~5th~ Raijin TO GR

Thanks Raijin, 5th clan is more than welcome to our tourney.

Edited by Thales

simo what thales means is that normally a GR mission takes place on one map only.

to make this mod more like the journey of a sniper we used 3 maps per mission and included a training mission.

so technically there are still 10 missions and thats more then ever before....and I had to make them all which takes a long time.