SCAR-H Sniper

Darth Windu

Hi folks,

I noticed in GRAW that the SCAR-H seems to be the CQB version, however what I'd like in the game is instead the SCAR-H with Sniper barrel. I know that it's easy enough to edit the weapon using the XML files, but I'm wondering if there were any models of the SCAR-H Sniper made (with longer barrel) and sniper scope?

Thanks.

Hi folks,

Just getting started with modding GRAW, it's not too bad considering some of the other games I've modded. Anyway what I'm trying to do is make the game more realistic in terms of it being set now, not 2018. To do that I've added a mod that includes the M-16 and M-4, which I gave to the Mexicans and US forces respectively, and have edited the SCAR-H to be the Sniper version, even though it really doesn't look the part.

Anyway since the XM-8 was cancelled, I want to change the text for it to say 'G-36' instead, but I can't find where to change that. I also want to edit the SCAR-H entry to read 'light sniper rifle' instead of 'heavy assault rifle'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out myself. Oh and I actually got the G-36 working as a useable weapon for the Ghosts including all attachements, although for some reason the combat sight doesn't work. Still better than nothing.

[Merged with your existing thread on this]

Nevermind, I figured out how to add a Sniper scope. It still looks a bit odd being a short-barrel sniper rifle, but hey...

But as I said, is there a way to increase the barrel length, or has someone made a new model that includes the new barrel length?

EDIT: I found an interim solution by swapping the SCAR-L and SCAR-H models due to the longer SCAR-L barrel length, and they both still have the correct mags.

Edited by Darth Windu