Rifle Grenade loadout in GRAW 2

Playing GRAW2 and notice in single missions that selecting a weapon with grenade launcher, I am only allowed 1 grenade, 1/0. In the training mission selecting a grenade launcher gives 1/3 or so.

Am I missing something in the selection menu. Or is there a mod for this.

Thanks

CBR9

^

Not too sure about that.

____

@OP:

Just curious if it's just me or not but once I install this patch, I only have one grenade on my grenade launcher instead of 4.

Same here, only 1 grenade in GL.

Hmm... that was supposed to only affect MP as far as I know. SP should still have more rounds. I'll take a look at it...

As a temporary work-around to correct the loadout you can extract the \data\sb_templates\sb_weapon_data.xml

and edit the following variables...

<var name="gl_clip" type="number" default="0"/>

<var name="spare_gl_clips" type="number" default="0"/>

from 0 to 4.

Then include the file in...

*\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\english\sb_templates

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction. The joy of using the DOS commands ... again. Load out now working for me.

Is the modified sb_weapon_data.xml install specific or will it work on anyones GRAW 2 install? If not specific perhaps it could be uploaded here for a quicker fix.

You cannot get at these files until you unbundle the quick.bundle found:

Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Bundles

You may also want to unbundle the patch.bundle and add to the first.

To unbundle the quick bundle:

1: Move the quick bundle into the GRAW2/public_tools/bundler folder

2: Create a new folder named data in this bundler folder

3: Open a command prompt for this bundler folder

Type: bundler extract -r quick.bundle data data

4: Sit back and wait up to 5 minutes depending on system

5: When complete move quick. bundle back into the GRAW2/bundles folder

6: I suggest moving this data folder now into a modding folder safe.

7: Files for editing can be found in data/sb_templates folder

8: To test, edit the file then place it in your english/local folder and start game.

:thumbsup:

Tinker

Where from i can open a command prompt for this folder. :(

I tried Run>Cmd, but nothing(((( Then i opened bundler (MS-DOS bacth file) and still nothing happens(((

Sry here is the other way to do this:

Option 01

Right click Start and select explore. This open Explorer for you. Navigate to your GRAW2/public tools/bundler folder.

In the address bar copy it.

Open command prompt and first type in CD leave a space then paste that address in and enter. You can then type in dir and you should see the items in the bundle folder.

(dir) lists all files in folder.

Option 02

If your using the default location:

C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

Open command prompt and copy this into it:

cd C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\public_tools\bundler

(cd means change directory)

You are now here:

:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I tried this fix and it works great for giving me 4 gernade rounds, but with the edited file in place I get this error crash whenever I zoom in.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: spread_zoom_transition in type <Statsblock:weapon_data>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I edited the sb_weapon_data.xml file as specified and placed it in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon advanced warfighter 2\Local\English\sb_templates

Do I need to have other files in the sb_templates folder as well? I tried it with all the original files from the extracted sb_templates and the game would crash at the menu screen so I removed all files except for the edited file (also tried it leaving the matching xmb file in) and then the game loads fine but crashes as soon as I zoom in to scoped or iron sight view.

I seem to have found the problem, maybe it has to do with steam, i'm not sure. But the extracted sb_weapons file is missing some lines. I added the line: <var name="spread_zoom_transition" type="number" default="0.05"/> which solved the zoom in error but then shortly after I got a crash referencing another missing line about shotguns. I was able to find a patch for a mod which included an intact sb_weapons file which I referenced to get the missing lines. When I found that file I also found I had been right about the spread zoom transition line except for the value should have been 4.0

http://files.filefront.com/bp+wpnPack+v141...;/fileinfo.html

That is the file I used to find the missing lines.

I did try extracting the quick.bundle a few different times, to get fresh sb_template files, same thing each time.

I seem to have found the problem, maybe it has to do with steam, i'm not sure. But the extracted sb_weapons file is missing some lines. I added the line: <var name="spread_zoom_transition" type="number" default="0.05"/> which solved the zoom in error but then shortly after I got a crash referencing another missing line about shotguns. I was able to find a patch for a mod which included an intact sb_weapons file which I referenced to get the missing lines. When I found that file I also found I had been right about the spread zoom transition line except for the value should have been 4.0

http://files.filefront.com/bp+wpnPack+v141...;/fileinfo.html

That is the file I used to find the missing lines.

I did try extracting the quick.bundle a few different times, to get fresh sb_template files, same thing each time.

Very strange error...but well done for finding and fixing it! Outstanding effort.

Glad it's all resolved now.

Dav