2008 GR 2Man Tourney

Hello to all you 2008 GR Players,

My quarry (the hunted down, as i have felt of late) has to relate to the difficulty of the pre-principal training mission and/or maps in mission one. Are the said maps too easy, average, or too difficult. Furthermore, how is the communication between your team? Is there any conveyance left lol? Are you still talking to one another? Our team does not use TS (prolly cause we don't wanna hear each other) so our disclosure is rather limited (perhaps thats a good thing). Does any team find the grid maps helpful? Do you feel as though your team has to try and go for the extra objectives to make yourselves look exemplary, or just to maintain some pride? Has any of these maps provided your team with the feelings of: excitement, anguish, anger, frustration, embarrassment, exhilaration, exhaustion, or blissful emotions? If any or all of these maps do fulfill these principal emotions, don't worry, your not alone, feels kinda cool huh? :unsure:

many, like yourself, have found the opening mission easy - and it was planned this way.

what better way to drive away competitors then too make it too difficult at the start?

having said that - you did not claim the 100 points in all missions - which means the screws have and will continue to tighten.

this i promise you :)

Edited by Lightspeed

Hello to all you 2008 GR Players,

My quarry (the hunted down, as i have felt of late) has to relate to the difficulty of the pre-principal training mission and/or maps in mission one. Are the said maps too easy, average, or too difficult. Furthermore, how is the communication between your team? Is there any conveyance left lol? Are you still talking to one another? Our team does not use TS (prolly cause we don't wanna hear each other) so our disclosure is rather limited (perhaps thats a good thing). Does any team find the grid maps helpful? Do you feel as though your team has to try and go for the extra objectives to make yourselves look exemplary, or just to maintain some pride? Has any of these maps provided your team with the feelings of: excitement, anguish, anger, frustration, embarrassment, exhilaration, exhaustion, or blissful emotions? If any or all of these maps do fulfill these principal emotions, don't worry, your not alone, feels kinda cool huh? :unsure:

I find the main problem with GR1 is the crappy so called compass at the bottom of the screen. The standard compass does not seem to tally with the map and confusion sets in. This is the last thing you need on the battlefield. Is there a mod anywhere that with correct this compass to read correctly.....i.e....North, South, East. West ?

I do not see this as a cheat in any way, just a fix for a badly designed compass in the first place !

I am having to descibe to the sniper physical items near target tango so as he knows where I am referring to.

In real life, even if they didnt navigate by the stars, they would carry a correct compass.

Nuff sed.

CJ

:wall:

In real life, even if they didnt navigate by the stars, they would carry a correct compass.

Nuff sed.

CJ

:wall:

Hey CJ, you can use our command maps with grids to orientate your sniper in all missions but the training one - yeah there youll need a physical items description to get job done, plus in any and every map the compass - as you know, the colored pip inside the largest ring of threat indicator indicates north, no matter wich direction the soldier is facing.

:thumbsup:

Our team does not use TS (prolly cause we don't wanna hear each other) so our disclosure is rather limited (perhaps thats a good thing).

Wow, I counld't even consider playing these missions without teamspeak comms. That's gonna be very very difficult.

well i dont think that the threat indicator is wrong for 2 resons:

1.- it is NOT a compass.. it is a threat indicator so i doesnt have to show any direction at all

2.- even if it were a compass it would be really boring to know where your enemies are...now there is a way to use it more or less effectively, but of course this only works when playing WITH the yellow things on(threat indicator)... when playin with the yellow bars simply move your rets left or right, and when the yellow bar changes position according to the direction you moved the rets, u get an almost 100% chance of getting a correct position of your enemy... for example, the yelolow bar is on the left side of the indicator, so you move your rets to the right, just when the bar moves to the top of the indicator, you can get an imaginary line of the position of the enemy(wich would be in between the bars´change of position)

i dont have any screenshots to make myself clear... but i just hope i was clear enough...

on another matter the maps are awesome... training mission was fairly easy, but mission one has been quite a challenge for us :P mainly because we play really fast and sometimes we hurry too much and get shot...

never the less we´d never be able to play without comms :P it´d be imposible specially when the team gets separated or when we are in the middle of a firefight :P

Edited by Simo

1.- it is NOT a compass.. it is a threat indicator so i doesnt have to show any direction at all

Like i said, the colored pip inside the largest ring of threat indicator indicates north, no matter wich direction the soldier is facing. This can help you orientate your team mate. :thumbsup:

on another matter the maps are awesome... training mission was fairly easy, but mission one has been quite a challenge for us :P mainly because we play really fast and sometimes we hurry too much and get shot...

never the less we�d never be able to play without comms :P it�d be imposible specially when the team gets separated or when we are in the middle of a firefight :P

Thanks Simo, mission 2 will be a blast too, itll be available for download friday, march 21st.

:P

never the less we�d never be able to play without comms :P it�d be imposible specially when the team gets separated or when we are in the middle of a firefight :P

:D

Edited by Thales

I did not mention anything about the threat indicator part of the indicator at bottom of screen, I was talking about the compass part of it (or lack of).

Thanks Thales for clearing that up for me as I forgot how to use it......DOH !

CJ (PXS Bravo Team)

2.- even if it were a compass it would be really boring to know where your enemies are...now there is a way to use it more or less effectively, but of course this only works when playing WITH the yellow things on(threat indicator)... when playin with the yellow bars simply move your rets left or right, and when the yellow bar changes position according to the direction you moved the rets, u get an almost 100% chance of getting a correct position of your enemy... for example, the yelolow bar is on the left side of the indicator, so you move your rets to the right, just when the bar moves to the top of the indicator, you can get an imaginary line of the position of the enemy(wich would be in between the bars�change of position)

to be clear on this -

Thales meant the blusih triangle on the outer ring which always points to the top of the Command Map which is also North. It is a useful tool for getting your bearings as long as you remember the arrow always points North.

The Yellow dot which is normally in the middle is a Threat Indicator in the middle of the rings - and it should NOT BE USED AT ALL FOR THIS NOR ANY OTHER GR MISSION EVER!!!!

Fortunatley, Thales has disabled this feature for the Tourney bcoz he's a frikkin champion and thinks of everything so bad luck if you're a slave to the TI!! :P

actually i´ve never used the compass lol i just run around and give info through comms using the comand maps... never really seen the use of the compass anyway, maps are not that big, not like in other games...what sort of use wouold the compass be while playing on Docks day :D

actually i´ve never used the compass lol i just run around and give info through comms using the comand maps... never really seen the use of the compass anyway, maps are not that big, not like in other games...what sort of use wouold the compass be while playing on Docks day :D

The importance of the compass depends a lot on the strategy players will use - ive watched some replays , BTW nice ones, that im sure players have used a lot the compass to send informations to the team mate.

9MS compass

Nice one Tinker. :rocky:

The importance of the compass depends a lot on the strategy players will use - ive watched some replays , BTW nice ones, that im sure players have used a lot the compass to send informations to the team mate.

9MS compass

Nice one Tinker. :rocky:

Was not expecting this post to be getting THIS offline. Upon second thought though, this is kinda cool; hence, keep it coming (tally) peeps, gallant to all you GR Tourney players <---------ya we da best we know( you graw(2) fans sorry here mom caugh, lol