Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ubisoft done making realistic shooters?

Sorry if this isn't the place for this topic, but I couldn't find a forum topic suitable for this.

So I figured I'd post in the forum that's most read.

I was reading an article and this group was holding an interview with Ubisoft, asking them a bunch of questions.

One of the questions was:

lavalant asks: I'm a longtime fan of the old Ghost Recon 1 games on Xbox 1 and PC, mainly becuase they were more realistic, with one-hit kills, no recharging health-bars and massive levels. The newer Ubisoft shooters seem geared towards a mass market. Are there any plans to release or re-release any of these old super-realistic shooters on next-gen consoles?

Great question, here's the response:

Phil Therien: I doubt we will ever go back to really hardcore only shooters. The market was too narrow for it to be a viable business choice. We would like to be able to please both sides but compromises have to be made. We have some ideas to improve on the situation though - keep in mind however that we want our games to be accessible to as many people as possible, otherwise we just couldn't keep making games.

:(

Hopefully they'll continue to make games for the PC that's a bit more realistic over the console version (ie: GRAW).

But it doesn't look like it.

I hope it's not the end of the GR series on the PC.

They can throw in a 'realistic' mode in the games for the 'narrow' market, but do you think they will?

Read the whole article here if you want.