Can not get co-op to recognise mod of coop_templates.xml

davros

Folks,

Need some help please.

Running GRAW2 patched to 1.05.

Only play Lan based co-op running from my PC.

Tried a number of maps, both std. and from modders eg Estrada.

I have been using xml's in my language folder to over-ride the default graw2 settings for some time (ie. 10 shot barrett)... It all got a bit complex so I thought I would start fresh.

So, I created a "new" folder in Language called "new", updated the context.xml language to point to "new" folder and started by adding just the coop_template.xml in it.

ie. context.xml says...<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="new"/>

I used the included bundler to extract coop-template.xml from patch.bundle to E:\graw2\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\new\lib\managers\xml

All good...but none of the changes I make here appear when I play coop! They used to...eg. I could change the grenades to 6 or the guns in the kit and it would all show up fine....but now. no change.

I know it is referencing my "new" folders because I put a god-mode mod in there "\Local\new\units\beings\u_multiplayer.xml" and I do not take damage.

So any help would be appreciated.

eg. I used to be able to change ....

<xdefine name="coop_kit_demo_1()"> <!-- RX4 + GL, mk45, 3 frags -->

<weapon_unit name="rx4" clips="4" gui_slot="1">

<mod name="xl7" clips="2"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="g36_compact" clips="3" gui_slot="2"/>

</xdefine>

to say...

<xdefine name="coop_kit_demo_1()">

<weapon_unit name="scar_light" clips="5" gui_slot="1">

<mod name="scar_grenade_launcher" clips="2"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="mp5sd" clips="4" gui_slot="2"/>

</xdefine>

and it would work fine....same with changing grenade clips to say 6...but no more.

Yes, I know I could/should create another custom soldier class...but this should still work. Right?

It all works fine again when I point the context.xml back to my "old" local folder...no prob's modding it and adding 6 grenades of changing the kit....but then there is so much stuff in there and I just want to start fresh.

hmmm...just updated my "old" local files which are based on Brettzies mod's so that I can have the M32 in coop....sweet carnage! esp. in the youppi map :o=

was as simple as...changing the first coop kit in coop_template...

<xdefine name="coop_kit_demo_1()"> <!-- RX4 + GL, mk45, 3 frags -->

<weapon_unit name="m32" clips="6" gui_slot="1">

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="bp_mk23v1" clips="5" gui_slot="2">

<mod name="silencer_secondary"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="m61_thrower" clips="6" gui_slot="4"/>

</xdefine>

Just annoying that I have no idea why it will not let me do it to a "fresh" languages folder?

The game has funny dependencies within xml's. Sometimes when editing in lib/managers/xml folders, I've had to include ghost_templates/group managers(though neither had any changes) to get coop/mp templates to show up. I've always just stuck with english(local language) folder method and not messed with context xml and never had a problem with that method. Create a temp folder someplace--move old there and use new local folder--same naming sequence.

The game has funny dependencies within xml's. Sometimes when editing in lib/managers/xml folders, I've had to include ghost_templates/group managers(though neither had any changes) to get coop/mp templates to show up. I've always just stuck with english(local language) folder method and not messed with context xml and never had a problem with that method. Create a temp folder someplace--move old there and use new local folder--same naming sequence.

Hmmm...thanks I wondered if it could something like that...was actually going to try adding them in one at a time...will try this one first then.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to create a thread about this same type of problem. I am new to GRAW2 (came bundled with my new vid card) and GRAW2 modding, but I have been reading up on related threads in these forums. I went straight from 1.00 to 1.05, but I had crashing/lag problems when playing on a LAN with friends. I reinstalled and went from 1.00 to 1.04 and things seem a lot better. I want to modify coop kits for LAN. I unbundled the quick and then patch bundles to a separate folder and moved the files I needed to local\english. These are the locations and the files I am working on:

GRAW2\Local\English\levels\common

coop_ranks.xml

GRAW2\Local\English\lib\managers\xml

coop_templates.xml

I added the following to coop_templates.xml:

<xdefine name="coop_kit_rifleman_13()"> <!-- Rx4 , mp5sd -->

<weapon_unit name="rx4" 					clips="5"	  gui_slot="1">

<mod name="rx4_combat_sight"/>					

<mod name="qd_suppressor"/>					

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="m8_compact" clips="4" gui_slot="2">

<mod name="m8_combatsight"/>

</weapon_unit>

</xdefine>
Then below in the soldier part I added:
		<soldier name="coop_rifleman_13">

@us_soldier(camo_02/camo_ACU_test_xy_df, 0.54 0.5 0.47, mp_title_rifleman 13, us_rifleman, mp_rifleman_info, 4 )

@coop_kit_rifleman_13()

</soldier>
In coop_ranks.xml I added:
				<variation name="coop_rifleman_13"/>
When I try to select rifleman kit 13, I get:
Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "coop_rifleman_13"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\guiscreens.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\guiscreens.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread. I just think we are having similar problems. Anyone have any ideas?

I know it is referencing my "new" folders because I put a god-mode mod in there "\Local\new\units\beings\u_multiplayer.xml" and I do not take damage.

I have forgot how to activate godmode, Have tried the above alterations but nothing happening, getting a little tough testing without this feature.

Running a custom level, plus u_teammates in:

C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\English\units\beings

Any fix?

<_<