How many will abandon GR?

The_Slink

im limited on funds but i will sell a kidney. :huh:

but i swear those rse dudes better make gr2 not too taxing on the system specs cos i dont have enough kidneys to buy an entire new computer.

as for whether i'd quit gr1, absolutely. assuming of course gr2 is not too much of a departure from its predecessor - which i doubt.

but i swear those rse dudes better make gr2 not too taxing on the system specs cos i dont have enough kidneys to buy an entire new computer.

I bet they do :(

Sometimes I think Dev teams make games a full year ahead of their time. For example, when System Shock 2 came out, the amount of RAM in your standard rig struggled a little - run it now - still looks great, but now it runs great too!

Take Rogue Spear for example, run it now on your new PC and be amazed at how quick it loads compared to that old PII you had back then. In fact that reminds me, I need to get into a UO server and get back to basics!

Ok, who smokin' the dope?! I will never, ever abandon my comrads...wait, I mean abandon GR. This game is installed permanently on my computer. Sure, I have Rainbow Six/Eagle Watch, and Rouge Spear/Urban Ops too, but I still play those. So even though GR2 will be better, I will always go back to the original. :D

Beacuse I'm only an SP guy, by the time GR2 comes out will have done all I want with GR.

I will probably switch. I might even take a long GR break for Raven Shield, and then come back just in time to switch to GR2. Because I am quite busy with work, friends, the gym, writing, travels, I usually have only one favorite game going at a time. I prefer to have one each of a tactical shooter, strategy and RPG. At the moment I'm playing GR, Medieval and Morrowind almost exclusively.

Well if GR2 comes out with awesome stuff and its a kickazz then many of us will be playing that more than the original, but couldn't RSE release GR2 as an update for GR, I mean just like Microsoft updates Office from like 97 to a newer version to a newer version to now. I think they should, where GR2 will update all the files in GR, and that way all the maps from GR, DS, and IT will also be playable in GR2, and then we won't have to leave the original GR.

Anyway it was just a thouught.

Ok, who smokin' the dope?! I will never, ever abandon my comrads...wait, I mean abandon GR. This game is installed permanently on my computer. Sure, I have Rainbow Six/Eagle Watch, and Rouge Spear/Urban Ops too, but I still play those. So even though GR2 will be better, I will always go back to the original. :D

RGR That...u can still find me on gsa playing rs, rs:uo, and rs:coe...as when gr2 comes out, that just means there is more game i like that i get to throw into the mix!!!!!!

Guest [Ac][d]Cobblers

Of course is GR2 is the ###### then I'll be playing tha all the while and GR1 may get put on the shelf. But who knows!?

And although I do like RS, I will not buying it, I prefer GR myself. I think the smaller GR community is going to appeal more, I know a lot of good friends online now since playing GR so I won't be throwing that away too easy.

I'll wait until GR2 comes out and play that to death instead!!!!

Long live Ghost Recon!!!

gr2 is definitely in the making is due to be released in the (correct me?) fall of '03. rse, as with most game development, just keeps a real tight lid on development.

i just hope they dont change the gameplay too much -- and keep the system reqs in check.

GR2 will eventually have its own suite of mods so I will probably abandon GR altogether. Remember we're talking more than a year in the future here. I'm secretly hoping that there is a full and easy modding toolset so I can start with some of my mission or map ideas. IGOR is too cumbersome for my patience.

As for coming up with the cash, I won't go as far as selling my own kidney, but I have already sold one of Hotpants' lungs on e-bay and that should just about cover it.

I seem to recall seeing 'Ghost Recon 2' on Ubi Soft's list of prospected 2003 release titles, so 'more than a year into the future' might be a slight exaggeration :)

I buy a load of games every year, so I simply don't have the time to keep playing all the old stuff. I'll probably keep GR installed, but I'm already playing other games more. Not a big surprise, considering I currently have 31 games installed, not counting a bunch of demos and mods. I already have nearly a dozen games on my 2003 shopping list, and that's just covering the first 5-6 months.

Dude, how big is your hard drive(s)?
One 60GB and one 16GB partitioned into 2x8GB. I've been thinking about getting another one for a while - one of those 120GB+ drives would be nice.

The only thing is that if mods can be used for GR2 direct. (no new d/l) I might swop completely.
I doubt it. Even some of the patches for GR have screwed up mods to varying degrees, I doubt they'll be compatible with a brand new game (presumably) running on an updated - or perhaps all all - engine.

The only thing is that if mods can be used for GR2 direct. (no new d/l) I might swop completely.
I doubt it. Even some of the patches for GR have screwed up mods to varying degrees, I doubt they'll be compatible with a brand new game (presumably) running on an updated - or perhaps all all - engine.

I was just saying I wish it would work.