Need help on a few things

need someone to teach me how to:

-allow all weapons to be available at every mission during weapon selection.

-remove all blue and green diamond markers.

-edit the ai_precision var on each weapon. (it doesn't seem to work so I may be doing something wrong)

to mods: feel free to move this to the right mod section since I can't seem to figure out a proper place to put this.

Edited by mark2000

1.-To whom...Leader or teammates? Ways to do it include editing the default loadouts and/or the soldierclass in data\lib\managers\xml\ghost_templates.xml, removing any block_weapon tags in the \data\levels\mission**\world_info.xml, etc.

2.- \data\gui\markers.xml

<!--comment out--> the place object tags for the "marker_enemy", "marker_friend", "marker_objective", etc., sprites. Some of these will have a distance or teammate # txt subtag which you can choose to leave intact/visible while still ditching the diamond or square icon. Other edits can be done with \Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings\hud_visibility.xml

3.-Trial and error?

removing any block_weapon tags in the \data\levels\mission**\world_info.xml, etc.

that'll help. :D

Just to add to the mix: what about adding an RPG-7 to the selections for backpack?

2.- \data\gui\markers.xml

<!--comment out--> the place object tags for the "marker_enemy", "marker_friend", "marker_objective", etc., sprites. Some of these will have a distance or teammate # txt subtag which you can choose to leave intact/visible while still ditching the diamond or square icon. Other edits can be done with \Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Settings\hud_visibility.xml

I think i'll just use the hud settings. thanks.

3.-Trial and error?

sad :(

I wonder how Jonathan managed to pull it off?

just to verify: the weapons with 'ai_precision' var are all in the 'units/weapons' folder right? are there any other places with those vars? when I did my testing, I only changed the values in the g36 and g36c files. Do I have to change the values of all the weapons just to notice any effects?

For rpg7 backpack weapon download and unbundle Shadow's realism mod to see what he did. (no linky --it's on front page-- Shadow's Realism mod). I haven't tried it out. And yes, to change enemy 's precision, you need to change for each weapon they use, for best results(as I recall, they don't use mp5a4, scar_h,rx4, m14, mk45, crye, g36_compact--look at group manager).

For rpg7 backpack weapon download and unbundle Shadow's realism mod to see what he did. (no linky --it's on front page-- Shadow's Realism mod). I haven't tried it out.

I guess I'll just ask someone there how to isolate that part of the mod.

And yes, to change enemy 's precision, you need to change for each weapon they use, for best results(as I recall, they don't use mp5a4, scar_h,rx4, m14, mk45, crye, g36_compact--look at group manager).

well I tried changing the values of the u_g36 before but I never saw any difference in enemy precision. :(