UBISOFT

I am paying attention. :huh:

Well-intended here:

Is it then that UBI isn't listening to you when you pass this along (our utter disgust with what they've done to the GR franchise), or is it that someone else (short attention span, 90 minute thrill ride lovers) speaks more loudly to our estranged spouse of a publisher? I'm honestly curious about that one...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well-intended here:

Is it then that UBI isn't listening to you when you pass this along (our utter disgust with what they've done to the GR franchise), or is it that someone else (short attention span, 90 minute thrill ride lovers) speaks more loudly to our estranged spouse of a publisher? I'm honestly curious about that one...

Put simply its that the new communication systems have only been in place a matter of months, and continue to see ongoing changes. You the gaming public actually seeing the changes that will impact on the game in your hand will take some time to filter through

Roco, roco...what are you doing man? ok, it's not released(said game) But you need to know the game from start to finish is DIRECTED to the tactical gamers. The leader, John, left said developer or publisher to start his own dev group to make a game that we have been waiting for, for sooooooooo long.

ubisoft is like mcdonalds, one on every corner and like everyone else. I have to laugh at how ubisoft let go of a winning design as GR1 for what we have now... <_<

I do think Ms-Kleaneasy and Blk_Widow should drop by the Tactical FPS market "too narrow" ! by an Ubi Dev thread and respond to a Ubi game developer as it was Blk_Widow states she hopes that Ubi can win us back. Someone has their head in the sand.

I've actually read that already but thanks for the heads up. I'm not really sure what you would like me to say because I'm not going to peanut butter an answer for you. I was responding to us giving you information as far as the game and sending your feedback to those who matter not Ubi winning you back but your trust in me and MsK winning you back on the forums. Sorry if you got the wrong impression but I am paying attention. :huh:

I am not worried about y'all winning me back on the forums. What I am referring to is what is Ubi going to do to make me decide to spend my hard earned money with them again. That is the winning me back I am talking about. Why should I spend my money on a Ubisoft game if it is not what I (along with many others) expect. I could really care less about the forums, I really care about the type of game I play and right now, Ubi is producing nothing but mediocre titles and I will not spend my money on them.

Niether you nor Ms-Kleaneasy have aknowledged the fact that Ubi has developed and published games that are marketed to an even smaller group of gamers and does so successfully, yet as far as Tac-Sims go, people at Ubi thinks it isn't worthwhile to do so. This is why I suggested that Serge Hascoët stop by the Ubi forums and answer questions from us about what Ubi intends to do. The answer I got from Ms-Kleaneasy is that he is to big of a man at the company to mingle with us common folk (I am paraphrasing her and those were not her exact words). I wouldn't have made such a suggestion if I was kidding and I am sure many others would like to hear answers to the very questions I have asked, many times repeatedly, from him. Ubi has an image problem and winning our hearts to return to the forums isn't enough. We want to know what Ubi is willing to do to earn our money from us again. Yes, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words, but the very action of Serge answering our questions would help mend the fences.

Well-intended here:

Put simply its that the new communication systems have only been in place a matter of months, and continue to see ongoing changes. You the gaming public actually seeing the changes that will impact on the game in your hand will take some time to filter through

AH, so this is a VERY recent development in UBI's relations with it's forum members and staff? In that case, where had they previously been getting their feedback on their games from, if they even gave a flip?

Again, meaning no ill toward either of you, and honestly curious. I'm still, a couple years later, astounded by the Advanced Warfighter thing...

Niether you nor Ms-Kleaneasy have aknowledged the fact that Ubi has developed and published games that are marketed to an even smaller group of gamers and does so successfully, yet as far as Tac-Sims go, people at Ubi thinks it isn't worthwhile to do so.

You want me/us to acknowledge something that is the opinion of one person???

This is why I suggested that Serge Hascoët stop by the Ubi forums and answer questions from us about what Ubi intends to do. The answer I got from Ms-Kleaneasy is that he is to big of a man at the company to mingle with us common folk (I am paraphrasing her and those were not her exact words). I wouldn't have made such a suggestion if I was kidding and I am sure many others would like to hear answers to the very questions I have asked, many times repeatedly, from him. Ubi has an image problem and winning our hearts to return to the forums isn't enough. We want to know what Ubi is willing to do to earn our money from us again. Yes, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words, but the very action of Serge answering our questions would help mend the fences.

its not enough to post on the ubi forums mis quoting me from a private conversation you have to do it here as well?? of course you did this time say you were paraphrasing but that is still a false impression of what I actually said (big time)

WK as I have said on the other thread I am truly dissapointed that you are prepared to mis quote from private conversations to further your own personal aim. Beyond that I really do not know what else there is to be said aside from any conversation we have from herein will be held in public where all can see exactly what is said by both parties. I thought better of you really I did.

@ Rabbi - In all honesty I do not know but I can certainly try and find out :thumbsup:

Excerpt from Ubi exec phone conversation with devs:

jerrymaguiremoney.jpg

"show me the money!"

Let's face it. It's not enough for a game to be well recieved or break even I think. They want it to sell like hot cakes, and as the dev put it "reach the LARGEST amount of people they possibly can."(that's not a direct quote, but very similar) And when UBI looks over its shoulder and sees SuperSmashBros Brawl selling 1,576,990 in the first week alone, they probably start thinking, "how can we put some of that goodness into the game and attract that audience?" Tom Clany's SuperSpecOp Smash Brawl.

While there is obviously nothing wrong with wanting to make money, I don't get the impression that the execs or even the devs care if you shoot pink flowers out of your super scoped Uzi or 6.8 explosive tipped uranium rounds, as long as it sells more then the current market leader or has the potential to attract the largest fan base. I guess what I'm saying is that it all seems to be at the expense of the integrity of the game or genre.

Guys/Girls this debate is really not going too far to be honest, the players here that would like to see change have asked over the years and to be honest we did not see what we lliked and thats the way it turned out.

It really is better to move on and forget the past issues, the time would really be better spent consentrating in another area.

It really is a waste of talented posters, efforts need to be placed at other sites, to help ensure a game we would like to see in the future.

This will benifit in the long term a game that will replace may be even surpass our past pleasures.

Beating this subject is not really doing any thing at all.

The situation is depressing enough with out us prolonging it all the time.

With respect.

Niether you nor Ms-Kleaneasy have aknowledged the fact that Ubi has developed and published games that are marketed to an even smaller group of gamers and does so successfully, yet as far as Tac-Sims go, people at Ubi thinks it isn't worthwhile to do so.

You want me/us to acknowledge something that is the opinion of one person???

This is why I suggested that Serge Hascoët stop by the Ubi forums and answer questions from us about what Ubi intends to do. The answer I got from Ms-Kleaneasy is that he is to big of a man at the company to mingle with us common folk (I am paraphrasing her and those were not her exact words). I wouldn't have made such a suggestion if I was kidding and I am sure many others would like to hear answers to the very questions I have asked, many times repeatedly, from him. Ubi has an image problem and winning our hearts to return to the forums isn't enough. We want to know what Ubi is willing to do to earn our money from us again. Yes, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words, but the very action of Serge answering our questions would help mend the fences.

its not enough to post on the ubi forums mis quoting me from a private conversation you have to do it here as well?? of course you did this time say you were paraphrasing but that is still a false impression of what I actually said (big time)

WK as I have said on the other thread I am truly dissapointed that you are prepared to mis quote from private conversations to further your own personal aim. Beyond that I really do not know what else there is to be said aside from any conversation we have from herein will be held in public where all can see exactly what is said by both parties. I thought better of you really I did.

@ Rabbi - In all honesty I do not know but I can certainly try and find out :thumbsup:

No, I don't want you to acknowlege what someone said, I want acknowldgement that Ubi does make games that are aimed at smaller markets and does so successfully. I would like him to acknowledge it honestly. That one opinion apparently is the company line as we have seen for the past 6 years or so. Sure, the tried to make GRAW for the PC different to appease us but it was a failure. Sure some people play it, but more people are playing a 6 year old game than a 6 month old game.

The only aim I have is to have a game or games released based on what 2 franchises started out as. Games not aimed at the mainstream gamer. Games that make a person think. Games that are innovative and not copies of something else. Games that work right when released without complaints of lag (system induced or otherwise) and without the need for a patch.

If I misquote you, please tell everyone here why you do not think it possible that the CCO of Ubi could not answer questions on his company's own forums. Logistically impossible (your words) reads so many different ways.

every company who doesn't listen dies over time. But I'll inject another thought that NEVER caught my attention.

We all know RSE developed ghost Recon right? ok- since we know RSE developed the game, I'm sorry I never realised this before. UBISOFT was only the publisher.

UBISOFT bought RSE well after GR1 was a hit success. So it goes without saying that UBISOFT ruined the franchise.

Guys/Girls this debate is really not going too far to be honest, the players here that would like to see change have asked over the years and to be honest we did not see what we lliked and thats the way it turned out.

It really is better to move on and forget the past issues, the time would really be better spent consentrating in another area.

It really is a waste of talented posters, efforts need to be placed at other sites, to help ensure a game we would like to see in the future.

This will benifit in the long term a game that will replace may be even surpass our past pleasures.

With respect.

Good post Colin.

:)

So it goes without saying that UBISOFT ruined the franchise.

A franchise which is making more money than it ever has, yes. :)

WhiteKnight77: Why harass Kleaneasy over something so utterly irrelevant? Let her do her job, and quit with this tooth and nail fight against Ubisoft -- they aren't out to get you personally, and nothing you do will effect them.

I very much agree with Colin. Ubisoft has minimal interest in making realistic 'sim' style tactical shooters. Turn to other games, and quit moaning about Ghost Recon. Personally, I play Armed assault -- surely you can find something, or just stick with the original GR.

So it goes without saying that UBISOFT ruined the franchise.

A franchise which is making more money than it ever has, yes. :)

WhiteKnight77: Why harass Kleaneasy over something so utterly irrelevant? Let her do her job, and quit with this tooth and nail fight against Ubisoft -- they aren't out to get you personally, and nothing you do will effect them.

I very much agree with Colin. Ubisoft has minimal interest in making realistic 'sim' style tactical shooters. Turn to other games, and quit moaning about Ghost Recon. Personally, I play Armed assault -- surely you can find something, or just stick with the original GR.

I'm thinking all the profits are from consoles. PC can't have that big of a following because if it did, then we'd see more action for the PC community.

Guys,

Please don't waste time and energy on UBISOFT Tactical Shooters.....is their right to made more $$$$$$

I learned my lesson after the Lockdown/Council FIASCO!!!!!!!!

Play the old games (R6-RS-[GR]) and look to the future <-------BFS

With respect.

:thumbsup:

Ubi is entitled to make the games they want to make, and one can hardly blame them for trying to make something that will turn a profit. And as customers we are free not to buy the Ubi games we don't like. OK so they've abandoned the good old tac sims. Fine. Others, notably BFS, will fill the void. Ubi has been pretty lousy at PR and support in recent years so you will excuse me if I'll need very convincing arguments to buy Ubi games in the future.

Respectfully

krise madsen