UBISOFT

now I DID see a post around here or information culled from the internet that GRAW is over but GR is being produced. that being said, i also heard( it was here at GR.net) that it will be "GR" and not "AW" and RSE has been tapped for it.

someone knows something....we just...need...to..find..out..who..and choke them for info! :yes:

I know i saw it here about a month or two ago... or you might just get a visit from these guys;

Sopranos-Poster-C12007091.jpeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think AW is a bit over since they've said there will be no Graw3. However, that doesn' t mean they won't keep the whole monicle and cross-com stuff. I hope not, but who knows. I hope they go back to more contemporary or modern settings with less hypothetical future themes.

I wonder if they are waiting for the Vegas2 thunder to die down before they start releasing info on a new GR game.

They like to stagger their releases by theme. Brothers in Arms, Vegas2, Endwar, that flight game, and Splinter Cell all share a similar market to GR. We probably won't see an announcement until a few of them have been released.

They said no GRAW3 currently in development. Doesn't mean it won't happen. doesn't mean there won't be an expansion. they did say however they were considering a patch.

They didn't say that there will be another GR. It was not mentioning this that started this rumor.

This i do believe is the post you are referring too.

If you mean GRAW 3, there is nothing in development. If you mean another patch, maps, etc. we are looking into it.

If you found something else, please link it.

They said no GRAW3 currently in development. Doesn't mean it won't happen. doesn't mean there won't be an expansion. they did say however they were considering a patch.

They didn't say that there will be another GR. It was not mentioning this that started this rumor.

If you mean GRAW 3, there is nothing in development. If you mean another patch, maps, etc. we are looking into it.

thanks for trying to help out but no. it would appear that this info has been silenced. :shhhh:

thanks for trying to help out but no. it would appear that this info has been silenced. :shhhh:

Actually we still don't have any info for you yet if it is a patch you are referring to.:(

GR or not, if Clancy isnt doing the approval then I doubt itll be worth the wait. Things never seem to stay rational when hes not breathing down their necks.

(sorry for the lack of certain punctuations. Im using a proxy right now since my ISP is kinda screwed up at the moment)

Edited by mark2000

Maybe they are working on an expansion or patch to GRAW2,

but they won't let us know.

Maybe they are working on the next Ghost Recon PC,

but they won't let us know.

Many thing is made in secret behind locked dooors and silenced employees, we just have to wait until they announce it on the there websites och forums. GRIN was silenced while working on GRAW2 or do I remember it wrong this time?

Edited by NoFears

Actually we still don't have any info for you yet if it is a patch you are referring to.:(

It's not a patch he's referring to. That would explain why he didn't mention anything about a patch, but rather a whole new GR game by RSE.

And don't take me too personal, blk_widow9, but I can't help that very bad feelings followed you here from that other forum, at least in my case. It's not that I hate you. Really...

What? :whistle:

The only thing that I've seen is what Roco qouted there. Other then that I haven't seen any other concrete info.

When you say silenced, do you mean the thread was deleted where you saw it, or you mean there hasn't been any other information since?

Sadly I cant offer any specific answers to this as much as I might like to there simply isnt any info to offer at this time. What I can do is reiterate whats been said before there is no GRAW 3.

What is the purpose of you guys being here again ?? :hmm: ( you and blk_widow9)

So far you haven' given us much in the last couple of weeks. :wall

On the other hand , when nothing is going on you cant give us any info can't you ?

To take constructive ideas and suggestions presented here to their bosses, not to provided details on stuff that might be under development (NDA) unless specifically authorized to release that information.

Sadly I cant offer any specific answers to this as much as I might like to there simply isnt any info to offer at this time. What I can do is reiterate whats been said before there is no GRAW 3.

So far you haven' given us much in the last couple of weeks. :wall

On the other hand , when nothing is going on you cant give us any info can't you ?

Much as Fletch says above, our role is to make sure your comments and feedback get back to those who matter and believe me I spend a lot of time completing reports with detailed comments from you lot ;)

In addition to this we will post news and information as and when we have it, of course there will be times when there either simply isnt info at all or we dont have sufficient or even accurate information to post anything so we cant.

I feel if we are going to find out it will be this event.

"London, COUNTRY – January 17, 2007 – Today Ubisoft announced that UBIDAYS™ 2008 will take place May 28- 29 in the heart of Paris’s world-famous Louvre museum.

Selected European press and business partners will be invited to discover Ubisoft’s new titles and have the opportunity to play the games that will pave the company’s future.

Last year’s UBIDAYS showcased major announcements, notably the launch of the highly successful Games for Everyone line. The 2008 edition promises to reveal similar surprises and exclusive announcements, while at the same time offer a rare opportunity for guests to meet Ubisoft team members and creative talents.

“The inaugural UBIDAYS in 2007 was a big step for us and a calculated bet, given the worldwide evolution of the industry,†said Alain Corre, Executive Director for Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific (EMEA). “The positive feedback from last year convinced us that this was the ideal way to present our games and to have enriching exchanges with partners who support us year after year. We’re eagerly awaiting UBIDAYS 2008, which is already shaping up to offer a look at future industry trends and the group’s upcoming blockbuster titles.â€Â

The list of featured games and event program will be revealed later."

If we do get info thats well and good but, it wont make no difference to many of us whether to buy or not.

This will only happen in my case if trusted members here see or play the game and then tell me to may face or on these boards its a good game to buy.

No ammount of advertising or hype will change that opionion especially after the last couple of years.

Much as Fletch says above, our role is to make sure your comments and feedback get back to those who matter and believe me I spend a lot of time completing reports with detailed comments from you lot ;)

Had you been doing that three years ago, we wouldn't likely be having this discussion now. Take THAT nugget back to 'those who matter' for me, if you please. UBI forums don't count- that place was EVIL...

kleaneasy/blk_widow, I appreciate you being here. Maybe it's because I'm a retired cop who did all but 2 1/2 years of his career on the street, having folks yell at me over dept policies that I had no control over, that I can sympathize with your situation. Any information you can bring back to us will be greatly appreciated. As for something to carry back up the chain, please give back a little to sp only types. A simple recon/firefight scenario isn't asking too much I trust for each map. Even if we have to play them in lan mode( so coop types have access as well) by ourselves would be fine. We make up a large share of the market but have been getting less and less with each title that comes out. I look forward to the next game that comes along, but like many here, after the last few years and lack of decent modding tools, it will need to be much more robust out of the box. The piling on of extra goodies for xbox version and shunning the pc crowd, in what seems to be an attempt to have us run out and buy xbox's, will only serve to drive many of us away, most of us can't afford 2 gaming machines. GRAW2 had so much potential, and had it been given the tlc and support of the xbox version, it would be thriving, the bias is crystal clear.

Hold on guys, Rabbi, I hardly think kleaneasy is at fault for the ubisoft communications for the last 3 years. I DO NOT envy his job. I'll assume your male kleaneasy.

But what you could do kleaneasy to be fair to ALL parties concerned and tell us what you CAN. I know you might be sewed at the lips because of ubisoft's information mafia.

I give kleaneasy the pass as he has a thankless job and I couldn't see myself knowing something and NOT being able to tell, even if it meant keeping silent about a sub standard product and people buying it because you can't give them the low down.

UBISOFT= French CIA :yes:

Kleaneasy, my position on you is this, your place in ubi's business is a real bad one. I hope they are paying you very well for being the punching bag between ubisoft and the consumers who play ubisoft games.

kleaneasy/blk_widow, I appreciate you being here. Maybe it's because I'm a retired cop who did all but 2 1/2 years of his career on the street, having folks yell at me over dept policies that I had no control over, that I can sympathize with your situation. Any information you can bring back to us will be greatly appreciated. As for something to carry back up the chain, please give back a little to sp only types. A simple recon/firefight scenario isn't asking too much I trust for each map. Even if we have to play them in lan mode( so coop types have access as well) by ourselves would be fine. We make up a large share of the market but have been getting less and less with each title that comes out. I look forward to the next game that comes along, but like many here, after the last few years and lack of decent modding tools, it will need to be much more robust out of the box. The piling on of extra goodies for xbox version and shunning the pc crowd, in what seems to be an attempt to have us run out and buy xbox's, will only serve to drive many of us away, most of us can't afford 2 gaming machines. GRAW2 had so much potential, and had it been given the tlc and support of the xbox version, it would be thriving, the bias is crystal clear.

Have to give this post a :thumbsup:

I agree Rabbi but better late than never :thumbsup:

True. And I'll give you that at least you ARE trying, even if it's far too late for some of us. Honestly, I might have gotten my scaredy-cat butt into the Ubi forums and made a stink there in hopes of helping raise concern after GRAW/PC flopped. So I don't for one minute believe that I am without some measure of blame.

I DO find it odd that only recently have a couple of other UBI forum guru's started showing up around here- GRnet's been up and running since before [GR] retail hit the shelves, and I've been around a few years at least. Not really sure what to make of that. Maybe I'm paranoid.

That MUST be it... 0:)