Crash when hitting "z" for rate of fire change...

Hi folks, getting this crash in co-op, has happened on 2 sep. computers (both were the server) in a 3 pc co-op game. Happened in co-op map "youppi" after the first objective completed - when second wave spawns...and the player who is the server presses "Z' to change rate of fire.

All running GRAW2 v1.05

Wed Mar 12 20:34:48 2008

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

You see this is not a map crash..I told you so..when chosing single shot..random crash..after 9 death+it happens any maps..

Weird, I have never gotten this on any coop maps. Although I only play lan games because of no high speed so I don't know if that influences it or not.

Rpg, are you saying it will only happen after you've died more then 9 times? I'm wondering if it would better to revert back to a previous patch version or not since I'm also still having some crash issues that other lan coop players are facing where it will CTD after about 30 minutes or so of play.

You see this is not a map crash..I told you so..when chosing single shot..random crash..after 9 death+it happens any maps..

Weird, I have never gotten this on any coop maps. Although I only play lan games because of no high speed so I don't know if that influences it or not.

Rpg, are you saying it will only happen after you've died more then 9 times? I'm wondering if it would better to revert back to a previous patch version or not since I'm also still having some crash issues that other lan coop players are facing where it will CTD after about 30 minutes or so of play.

For what I have testing you can change to single shot around 9 times...then you can't cause even if you try it won't change to single shot for a few times(not sure of the amount)...after that you will be able to change single shot for a few times again(thats why I say that its random)...this part is the more critical for crash...around 20 death+...so the more you died and the more you select 'Z' or the key you configure for single shot the more chance you have to crash...so for now or ever(cause don't know if GRIN will fix it) just don't use single shot and you will not crash...I've never has this before ,this bug came with 1.05 .We have reported the single shot wasn't working before 1.05 I tought they would have fix it but nope it's even worse cause now it crash maps...only GRIN can give us light on this...

Remenber we're playing a game who has at least 2 important unsolves bugs in coop(single shot,chat in game)...so you have to make a choice accept the bugs and play full auto or play another game...I like this game so have to deal with it :)...I don't know for mp maps but for coop patch 1.05 brings trouble...another solution will be to return to version 1.04 or 1.05 will have to be fixed or deleted by GRIN...who need a patch that make the game worst than it was..

thanks rpg....sad thing indeed...but hey, that's the hand we are dealt.

dporter, I also only play LAN games...last lan session we had to make sure the guy running as server did not press z...it was funny...a load of blokes periodically yellingn out...don't pres z or I'll kill you!

What I do not completely understand is just why it has to crash...I was once a coder and there are such things as exception handlers...but GRIN seem to prefer to crash the game instead. The doco. constantly refers too it...do this, it'll crash...do that it'll crash...save often in the editor 'cos it'll crash...

I'd prefer to have it respawn me, or use a substitute weapon or whatever..it could still give the error on screen and dump a log of the error event no need to crash completely...poor coding indeed.

Must have been a pain to work on this project...amazing it ever got released.

OK, rant mode off, back to playing ...and reading about how to mod.

Edited by davros