Why no SP missions developed ?

I know I'm probably going to show my ignorance, because there must be some valid reason why no SP missions have been developed by all you great guys out there who have the ability to do so. So would someone please give me the reason(s). I enjoy SP missions and do not do multiplayer; that obviously limits (to a very great extent) my pleasure of playing this find game.

Hi,

I've lost count of how many times I've played through my favourite missions. (Farallon and Last Stand)

It's probably been discussed and lies deep in some past topic but forgive me for raising it again.

Why is it that there's practically no add-on SP missions for GRAW2? GR kept me going for several years due to the healthy supply of mods/missions, official and unofficial. Is GRAW2 too difficult to mod?

I guess there wasn't a console version when GR came out, hence the concentration of effort on the PC game at the time.

If I had the know how I'd produce one. Just how software competent do you need to be?

It's absolutely crying out for more missions !!!!!

Mike.

[Merged with existing thread asking the same question]

Edited by tecmic

It's absolutely crying out for more missions !!!!!

I second that :thumbsup:

I think many modders were disappointed with the game. Or it might be the lack of support from the community (compared to [GR])? And if I'm correct there is no SDK released either, dunno if that's a reason or if it even was released with [GR]?..

I couldn't agree more, I'm crying out for some SP missions.

This game (GRAW2) has just as much potential as [GR] if only some of the talented modders would help us out,

it is hands down the best FPS on the market at the moment

I couldn't agree more, I'm crying out for some SP missions.

This game (GRAW2) has just as much potential as [GR] if only some of the talented modders would help us out,

it is hands down the best FPS on the market at the moment

I completely agree! In the cold light of day GRAW2 stands head and shoulders above any other game of its type.

It's realistic (no cartoon like antics or super human abilities)

It's demanding and can be unforgiving. (you need to think about what you're doing if you don't want your head blown off)

It feels real. (most games in the genre do not convey the sense of reality that I've got from all the GR games. The only other one, IMHO, that came close was Hidden & Dangerous)

It's well made (the pace is right, effects are not overdone. The only downside I can see is that the AI is a little 'whacky' in places. For example: I've shot my men in the head on more than one occassion as they walk in front of my gun)

I'm no expert in multiplay or military tactics but I know what I want and I know when I see it. I've bought all the GR series and add-ons because they've all had these ingredients !!!

Mike. :)

Edited by tecmic

Simple, the editor is not user friendly, crashes alot, creates much frustration. The tutorials are nicely done, fairly easy to follow whats needed, but if I was a pilot, they'd have pulled my license ages ago for all the crashes I've had. RPGhard, Tinker and a few others who keep plugging away at it, have all my respect. They have also had to endure much frustration despite their experience. I know on page 25 of my graw 2 manual it talks of server being able to set firefight/recon conditions for [GR] maps, yet this wasn't done--the option was there in graw1, guess they just copied from prior manual and later they were cut. Taking a close look at dam mission, you can see that even for grin employees, scripting/mapping had it's challenges (like the underwater guy or second guy in garage at end blasting away at you and you can't see them). I think modding capabilities/additional maps,missions took a hit because time was not an ally of grin's on this project.

Simple, the editor is not user friendly, crashes alot, creates much frustration. The tutorials are nicely done, fairly easy to follow whats needed, but if I was a pilot, they'd have pulled my license ages ago for all the crashes I've had. RPGhard, Tinker and a few others who keep plugging away at it, have all my respect. They have also had to endure much frustration despite their experience. I know on page 25 of my graw 2 manual it talks of server being able to set firefight/recon conditions for [GR] maps, yet this wasn't done--the option was there in graw1, guess they just copied from prior manual and later they were cut. Taking a close look at dam mission, you can see that even for grin employees, scripting/mapping had it's challenges (like the underwater guy or second guy in garage at end blasting away at you and you can't see them). I think modding capabilities/additional maps,missions took a hit because time was not an ally of grin's on this project.

The community took a bashing. No community, no interest from modders. Big issue.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Of course my opinion is only that... an opinion.

But I think that so many GR fans were sooo disappointed with GRAW1, that by the time GRAW2 came out (and it is quite a bit better than GRAW1) that a lot of modders just gave up and went elsewhere.

And look how different GRAW1 and 2 are with respect to the structure of the game. None of the maps that were made for GRAW1 work in 2.

Heck, what if a GRAW3 comes out that is again almost completely different? I do want to learn to mod this game and make missions. But who wants to spend a LOT of time and effort to learn to do this if the next game will require to do this all over again??

PLUS... there are still a few VERY annoying bugs in the game that most likely will never be fixed... like the rate of fire bug and ALL those darn stack crashes. Nothing like playing a mission for like an hour, getting near the end and boom! You're looking at your desktop???

Just my two shell casings worth...