New OGR Map: Cheeseburger Hill

fishmonger

Something different from the usual recon mode [GR] maps - you need to hold the hill while the enemy keeps attacking in serveral waves. Once the last wave is handled you can head to zulu. If you try it too early and go through areas marked red in the mini map, some nasty snipers will stop those attempts. Basically, stick to the plan and hold the hill. Once you see an RPG spawn north on a roof below the hill, the final wave attacking the hill has spawned. After that, you can go through the red areas without snipers spawning.

The map is doable in single death with a full team, but when you are in a small group, it can get rather ugly on the hill. Don't stick your head out too much if you elect a high position. They are using crappy weapons, but they do hit on occasion.

Cheeseburger_Hill March 2, 2008 release

Good map , Played it coop ORG solo

(couple months before another lan party with coop players)

I found it very noticable that AI are respawning by the human walking

in a certain area . In some parts (dont go red areas espically) the AI

would SPAWN , be faced the other direction , turn around , shoot you

in the matter of one second .

I would be liked to been able to walk on the right side of the cliff of the bridge

like the left side (handy little look out that)

Will be recommending some other coop players to try this map for sure.

Multiple spawn points for humans or check points would be good

but thats a in built limitation of the game :-(

I made the mistake of throwing a grenade while on the heli pad

with the heli , it landed on something and truckloads exploded

and bits went flying everywere inculding me which landed in another

section of the top building after flying 5 metres in the air (weeeeeee)

I found it very noticable that AI are respawning by the human walking

in a certain area . In some parts (dont go red areas espically) the AI

would SPAWN , be faced the other direction , turn around , shoot you

in the matter of one second .

I would be liked to been able to walk on the right side of the cliff of the bridge

like the left side (handy little look out that)

that is the WHOLE POINT of marking these areas as off limits. The map goes bonkers if you go any further down to the next spawn zone as you'll have 30+ tangos running around on top of the hill, a panhard crawling up from another angle, and then you walk into the zone that triggers 20 more AI in the Zulu zone. It is NOT the point of the map to take a shortcut down to the zulu location. I have you shot in the red areas immediately, that's why you don't go there until the hill is defended.

You can get off the bridge, but this is not your sneak to zulu map like all others I made. Stay with the program, defend the hill, then go to zulu. the red areas are disabled once the last spawn attacking the hill is handled. Look for an RPG on the rooftop north of the hill - if he's there, you can go down to zulu and no sniper will spawn to stop your progress (but don't expect it to be easy, either). The whole point of this is to keep the map from turning into a slide show because servers just can't handle 60 AI running around all over the map at once.