Prince Harry In Afghanistan

Dick Splash

I'm sure you've all heard about this by now and I'm surprised nobody's posted anything in here yet.

BBC interview before he went.

BBC World News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6cL3IVYmo.

And obviously not living in the UK, I see that it's all over the media. :lol:

I can't believe he fell for the old 'painting the machine gun' joke. That's what you get for being the new boy. :lol: And what's with that baseball hat? Perhaps it was a disguise to fool the Taliban. I bet his Gran wasn't happy. :D

DS

Yah, saw this today in the "entertainment" section of Yahoo News. Apparently American news media broke the story? (America haters, the line starts over there >>>>)

Somehow I doubt he's being treated like every other soldier

Oh, and.....I liked the hat!

Edited by durka-durka

Correct to send him over and correct to send him back under the circumstances, IMO.

He sounds a lot more grounded than his Uncle Edward and less plummy too. Remember when Edward was a Royal Marine recruit some years ago? That was all over the media. He was hounded all the time. None of the Royal Family had done that before etc. etc. His recruit staff said it was difficult because of the media attention and the way they had to address him unlike the other recruits.

DS

Apparently American news media broke the story? (America haters, the line starts over there >>>>)
Don't make it so easy for them :D

An Australian women’s magazine New Idea was first to let the cat out of the bag...the story was published on 07 01 08.

A German newpaper, the Berliner Kurier ran a short piece on it on 28 02 08.

Then Drudge ran it on 29 02 08.

So in other words, it was a Coalition of the Willing that gave Harry the Royal treatment this time.

Apparently American news media broke So in other words, it was a Coalition of the Willing that gave Harry the Royal treatment this time.

lol, poor Harry. If bin laden was a British prince or pop singer, these people would've found him by now