bp weapons pack v1.45

Brettzies

Great work :) loving the how far the Mk 18 is looking :D I think you should leave the iron sights on. I've seen a lot of operators leave the iron sights on. Don't know why, but there's gotta be a reason. Just wanted to note, are there going to be side panels when you put the front grip on ?

They are left on because they are the backup sight for if your eotech or other optic is disabled, or the batteries run out. I left my backup sights on for that very reason and any soldier that uses an optic on their weapon that requires batteries should leave their backup sight on the weapon.

So, Brett, please leave on the rear sight and make it a flip up. It should be down and is there for realism, but the player would have to use a optic in the game, or you can make a version with only the rear sight (ala MGS4) to go with the pack as well.

Edited by bugkill

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are left on because they are the backup sight for if your eotech or other optic is disabled, or the batteries run out. I left my backup sights on for that very reason and any soldier that uses an optic on their weapon that requires batteries should leave their backup sight on the weapon.

So, Brett, please leave on the rear sight and make it a flip up. It should be down and is there for realism, but the player would have to use a optic in the game, or you can make a version with only the rear sight (ala MGS4) to go with the pack as well.

I'm definetly leaving the BUIS on because that's what gives the weapon its character imo. The ironsight is not an attachment and doesn't take up a mod id# thankfully. However, the way I have the weapon rigged up, you can just turn it off in the xml if it really bothers someone by setting gfx_ironsight_loda(b) to hidden="true". You can do this with the side panels as well. By default they are hidden.

<graphic_group name="bp_ras" culling_object="gfx_rasside_loda">

<lod_object name="bp_ras_side">

<object name="gfx_rasside_loda" shadow_caster="true" max_distance="500" hidden="true"/>

<object name="gfx_rasside_lodb" shadow_caster="true" instance_struct="world_tm_ambient_cube" hidden="true"/>

</lod_object>

</graphic_group>

<graphic_group name="bp_sight" culling_object="gfx_ironsight_loda">

<lod_object name="bp_sight">

<object name="gfx_ironsight_loda" shadow_caster="true" max_distance="500" />

<object name="gfx_ironsight_lodb" shadow_caster="true" instance_struct="world_tm_ambient_cube" />

</lod_object>

</graphic_group>

So, if I'm understanding your post, the little (0-2) sight flips down when not in use, when a scope is attached? That's kind of how I had it working, with my xml editing tricks. I can make it flip down in either one actually.

mk18_graw_04_600.jpg

mk18_graw_05_600.jpg

Edited by Brettzies

I'm definetly leaving the BUIS on because that's what gives the weapon its character imo. The ironsight is not an attachment and doesn't take up a mod id# thankfully. However, the way I have the weapon rigged up, you can just turn it off in the xml if it really bothers someone by setting gfx_ironsight_loda(b) to hidden="true". You can do this with the side panels as well. By default they are hidden.

<graphic_group name="bp_ras" culling_object="gfx_rasside_loda">

<lod_object name="bp_ras_side">

<object name="gfx_rasside_loda" shadow_caster="true" max_distance="500" hidden="true"/>

<object name="gfx_rasside_lodb" shadow_caster="true" instance_struct="world_tm_ambient_cube" hidden="true"/>

</lod_object>

</graphic_group>

<graphic_group name="bp_sight" culling_object="gfx_ironsight_loda">

<lod_object name="bp_sight">

<object name="gfx_ironsight_loda" shadow_caster="true" max_distance="500" />

<object name="gfx_ironsight_lodb" shadow_caster="true" instance_struct="world_tm_ambient_cube" />

</lod_object>

</graphic_group>

So, if I'm understanding your post, the little (0-2) sight flips down when not in use, when a scope is attached? That's kind of how I had it working, with my xml editing tricks. I can make it flip down in either one actually.

mk18_graw_04_600.jpg

mk18_graw_05_600.jpg

The rear sight that you are using is not the same one that I used with my m4A1. I used the flip up backup iron sight that was not a replication of the iron sights that are the carrying handle. Here is the SOPMOD graphic that shows it:

http://www.botachtactical.com/maba60si.html

I have seen some guys use that backup sight that you have on the weapon now, but I just stuck with the regular flip up sight. Great pics BTW!

Edited by bugkill

scarM_01_600.jpg

A little Scar Marksman action. Other scopes work as well, ACOG, etc, but no ironsights. I put my other bipod on it to make it look more sniper-y.

Wow, just wow. One question though, is the barrel a bit too long? I also forgot to comment on the crane buttstock and I have to say it looks sweet, and it will go well with the other weapons in your pack. Simply awesome work, mate.

Edited by bugkill

scarM_01_600.jpg

A little Scar Marksman action. Other scopes work as well, ACOG, etc, but no ironsights. I put my other bipod on it to make it look more sniper-y.

Yummy :D i want a piece of that xD btw just wanted to note, there's this really cool front grip with a push of a button, turns into a bipod. The Scar already has the grip pod, but it's closed. I think you should make a version where its opened out like this

GPA-000-GP3.jpg

Wow, just wow. One question though, is the barrel a bit too long? I also forgot to comment on the crane buttstock and I have to say it looks sweet, and it will go well with the other weapons in your pack. Simply awesome work, mate.

It might be a little long. I was just eyeballing it. Probably pull it back a some.

hi Brettzies, your weapons pack are fantastic, only one request: in your new pack could you add some sniper rifles like AS50, RWC M40A3 or Barrett M107?

Well, I like all those and wouldn't mind trying them, but mostly it comes down to time and energy. Modeling them isn't really so bad, it's laying out the uvs and then texturing them. I'm not so great at texturing so it takes me a long time to get something acceptable. Also, someone was doing an M107 or M82 a while back, but I guess they never finished it perhaps.

In the meantime, started texturing this thing:

L85_graw_07_600.jpg

.larger

Still have some more to do and the susat to build.

Hello,

I've recently been on this page/forum because I was looking for Information on the next GR game, when I saw this mod and was like 'OH DAMN I NEED TO REINSTALL GRAW2 RIGHT NOW' lol. And that's exactly what I did, I installed it, updated it to 1.05 and downloaded your mod and installed it. However at kit selection it always crashes with the usual error. So I downloaded the coop fix but that didn't really help either. Here's the error message I currently get:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: position in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\memberlist.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I've checked my Local folder and noticed that besides the weapon mod folder there's a folder called 'German'(because I installed the game in german), maybe that could have something to do with it?

I'll take any advice you may have because I really wanna play this with all the awesome new weapons and skins.

Thanks

Draggon2k, I'm not totally sure what the fix is. If you don't mind, try installing the english version and see if it works. Do you have more then 1gig of memory? That could be an issue too. Some other things to try are unbundling the mod and running it that way.

version 1.41 might work better for you(it's already unbundled, but doesn't work with mp over internet):

v1.41 link

Brettzies, little of topic, sry. :)

Are you able to explain what the "max_range" means in the individual weapons xml`s? I assumed the 15000 means cannot hit / damage anything past 150M. But the MP5 is set to 3500. Which makes me think I am wrong, as the MP5 can kill past 35M?

Does the mod(1.47) still work in MP(coop) when unbundled?

Also my hardware shouldn't be a problem, I've got a Laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800

2GB Ram

Geforce 9650M GT

Vista Home Premium 32Bit

So that shouldn't be a problem especcially as I can play pretty much any modern game on medium-high settings.

Gonna try reinstalling the game in english now.

Thanks

You never seas to amaze do you :) Nice work so far. I love the guns you have put in :)

Thanks. We'll see if I can get everything I want to do before too long. Sometimes I wonder why I still mod this game, but it's pretty fun and somewhat satisfying getting things to work that you thought wouldn't. Like the L85, not perfect, but doable with about destroying anything. I still have 5 attachment slots open, but I know one will be for the susat. After that I'll try to bring back one of the original guns for mp, maybe the mrc.

Does the mod(1.47) still work in MP(coop) when unbundled?

Not totally sure. I need to hook up my old computer and somehow and see if I can iron out the issues. You can still play coop missions, just by yourself. ; ) What usually happnes with attachment id# out of range (1-31), is the connecting players crash out. There's also an RPG thing I never figured out. But, standard stuff worked pretty seemlessly in mp.

Vista may have issues too as it puts things in weird places. Do a search for .xmb files. I think Wolfsong mentioned a way to get rid of the ones causing problems.

Are you able to explain what the "max_range" means in the individual weapons xml`s? I assumed the 15000 means cannot hit / damage anything past 150M. But the MP5 is set to 3500. Which makes me think I am wrong, as the MP5 can kill past 35M?

I tried messing with the stats like that on the shotgun and sniper rifles. I could set them to 1 max range and they'd still hit the farthest target at the range. Not sure what the deal is with that stuff. Maybe it's different for people though.

Brett,

Since you are in the middle of adding new weapons to the mod. I figured why not throw out the idea of adding the MP7 as a secondary weapon. I do not know if you can do it or even have the time, but I figured getting your opinion on it.

But, if it means delaying what you are doing now for a very long time, do that project later and spit out these new weps.

Since you are in the middle of adding new weapons to the mod. I figured why not throw out the idea of adding the MP7 as a secondary weapon. I do not know if you can do it or even have the time, but I figured getting your opinion on it.

It's a good idea, but i'm barely getting this one done, still need to fix things up:

L85_graw_08_600.jpg

With the SCAR and Mk18, its more adding and editing.

Edited by Brettzies

It's a good idea, but i'm barely getting this one done, still need to fix things up:

With the SCAR and Mk18, its more adding and editing.

Sounds good, just something that you may consider down the road. Please continue with this great work you got going on right now. Can't wait to get it.

L85_graw_09_600.jpg

This one's almost done. Did the Susat, ret, gui icons, sp icons, sounds, mp and coop kits. Just have to do lodb models for it now. Bunch of other stuff on my list though... <_<

WHAAAA !!!!!! - i was just about to ask if you were going to add the susat scope last night - but I guess I'm already too late xD That looks really awesome :D Don't know what else is on your list but keep them comin :P

BTW - just wanted to ask some quick things. Do you think in any chance you could make the iron sights on the M468, M4 and M16 actually usable? No offense, I find it kind of use less to add iron sights if you can't even look through them. To be honest you might as well take it off and for the M4A1 - just add rear flip up sights and same goes for the M16. M468 could stay the same though lol. Also another thing, if you know or not, the M468 has been done a re make over and now its called the REC 7. The main difference between the M468 and the REC 7 is just the outer looks. The RIS on the REC 7 seems to be a bit small and has a more clean look to it. The biggest difference probably though is the full length top rail system. It would be cool if you could add the new REC 7 maybe in this pack or a future pack to show that as the packs update, so do the weapons in your pack.

WHAAAA !!!!!! - i was just about to ask if you were going to add the susat scope last night - but I guess I'm already too late xD That looks really awesome :D Don't know what else is on your list but keep them comin :P

BTW - just wanted to ask some quick things. Do you think in any chance you could make the iron sights on the M468, M4 and M16 actually usable? No offense, I find it kind of use less to add iron sights if you can't even look through them. To be honest you might as well take it off and for the M4A1 - just add rear flip up sights and same goes for the M16. M468 could stay the same though lol. Also another thing, if you know or not, the M468 has been done a re make over and now its called the REC 7. The main difference between the M468 and the REC 7 is just the outer looks. The RIS on the REC 7 seems to be a bit small and has a more clean look to it. The biggest difference probably though is the full length top rail system. It would be cool if you could add the new REC 7 maybe in this pack or a future pack to show that as the packs update, so do the weapons in your pack.

I think he is designing the mk18 to be used with optics and that the backup iron sights are there for realism. The iron sight will be flipped down and is completely accurate given the fact that many soldiers use them on their m4's. Now, it is possible that Brett could make it where you could have the backup sight without the optic, but I'm not sure about that.

Either way, he should leave the mk18 the way it is with the backup iron sights and optics, and look into making it possible to have a variant with the backup iron sight flipped up, but you can't use any optics on it.

Edited by bugkill

Currently the ironsight for M4, M16, and Mk18 do work, at least through the rear sight. The post is still low, so I left the bar rets in there. I could get them to line up perfectly, but then you have some other issues, namely the m203 is different from the m416 gls. The mk18 was a bit strange too. I could actually get everything to line up, but then didn't like the placement of the scopes. If I used combatsight animations for scopes(which are a bit higher), for some reason it was titlted at a weird angle. Eventually I did another trick to get them to line up, but not be inline when using scopes.

Short story is they all work. However, the M468 would be another problem to get ironsights to line up. I haven't really looked into it with all the other things I was trying to do and didn't think it was that important. This is fun stuff to do, but it is super time consuming, especially when I add multiple things per release. Get sidetracked with various things in various stages. Was kind of hoping to be done over the weekend...but still goes on.

Currently the ironsight for M4, M16, and Mk18 do work, at least through the rear sight. The post is still low, so I left the bar rets in there. I could get them to line up perfectly, but then you have some other issues, namely the m203 is different from the m416 gls. The mk18 was a bit strange too. I could actually get everything to line up, but then didn't like the placement of the scopes. If I used combatsight animations for scopes(which are a bit higher), for some reason it was titlted at a weird angle. Eventually I did another trick to get them to line up, but not be inline when using scopes.

Short story is they all work. However, the M468 would be another problem to get ironsights to line up. I haven't really looked into it with all the other things I was trying to do and didn't think it was that important. This is fun stuff to do, but it is super time consuming, especially when I add multiple things per release. Get sidetracked with various things in various stages. Was kind of hoping to be done over the weekend...but still goes on.

Bro, just ignore us and finish what you got almost done. I think the MK18 and the other additions are good enough, and I think that you should just concentrate pushing those out for now. You are doing us a great service by sharing your work, which I'm sure takes up most of your time.

Please concentrate on what you have now and worry about the other requests for future stuff down the road. By the way, did you ever consider hooking up with someone that has texturing skills, so that maybe a couple of your weps could be given a camo paint job down the road?

Bro, just ignore us and finish what you got almost done. I think the MK18 and the other additions are good enough, and I think that you should just concentrate pushing those out for now. You are doing us a great service by sharing your work, which I'm sure takes up most of your time.

Please concentrate on what you have now and worry about the other requests for future stuff down the road. By the way, did you ever consider hooking up with someone that has texturing skills, so that maybe a couple of your weps could be given a camo paint job down the road?

Bugkill is absolutely correct. Whether I, Bugkill or someone else asks for a request or something, it's best you finish what you've got now and deal with the other stuff after. You just working on this whether people pay attention or not, and whether people appreciate your work or not show's that your very committed to working on this project and making others satisfied.