Ghost Recon.net Forums

bp weapons pack v1.45

^

Soon the Redcoats are coming. :thumbsup:

____

Off the wall question but regarding the add-on slots, did you merge any of the duplicate mods like the SCAR (L/H) grenade launchers(14/16) and front grips(13/17) in your weapons mod? And if not could you get away with it?

I did merge those in the last version. I could find almost no difference between the tac grips and very little between the gLs. The H gL has a slightly bigger opening for the mag, so I picked that one. You'd be hard press to take the Pespi challange without seeing them side by side, and even then it's not too aparent.

Glad you guys like it and there's some interest. I'll put the susat sight on it as well. I didn't want to get too far modeling and texturing only to not have a good way to line the sights up and have it look good in first person and third.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely there is interest. More than interest.

And you do know for every one that posts, there are 100 that use it and do not..just look at the download stat's. and views on the posts...damn lurkers!

Post you lurkers post!

Brettzies, on a serious not though, can you pls. post (I suggest in another thread) a step by step on how you got the video to play in GRAW2.

I am not so much interested in the content of the video as i am in how you would take another video and include it into the game as an intro vid. for a mission.

Dav.

Brettzies, on a serious not though, can you pls. post (I suggest in another thread) a step by step on how you got the video to play in GRAW2.

I am not so much interested in the content of the video as i am in how you would take another video and include it into the game as an intro vid. for a mission.

Are you talking about the briefing videos or an intro to the mission like a helo insertion.

I'll look at it when I get home, but I assume briefing vids would be very similar to the game intro vid. Helo insertions and things like that may require a whole different set of tools. GRAW is strange though, sometimes if you mess with the xmls enough you discover ways to add things or mod parts you thought were impossible, so who knows.

It's funny how time flies. Feels like it was only a short time ago that I did the last "big" version of this mod, but it's almost been a year. LOL. The modding has a steep learning curve and prone to lots of trial and error, but surprisingly very moddable in several ways. Sometimes I wonder if more people had given it a go, there'd be a lot more content available, given how many mods were done for GR.

The models look hot. I love bullpups! Can't wait to try it.

Are you talking about the briefing videos or an intro to the mission like a helo insertion.

I am talking about your video for the weapons mod. I am keen to understand what you did there...Apart from just a desire to know, I am thinking it may be help me understand the in-game cross-com videos - you know the ones that play in the small window up in the top right - CNN updates etc. I am keen to better understand how we can add more "richness" to the missions through ingame video clips and sound. As you say bel;ow, you never know until you try.

I think the heli-insertion clips are different - cinematic events created by the mission script...and they annoyed most people ...so doubt those would be of use.

I'll look at it when I get home, but I assume briefing vids would be very similar to the game intro vid. Helo insertions and things like that may require a whole different set of tools. GRAW is strange though, sometimes if you mess with the xmls enough you discover ways to add things or mod parts you thought were impossible, so who knows.

Tell me about it! I finally got anti-personnel mines working after 6 months of tinkering/head bashing. The feeling is great when it all starts to come together. Along the way, I learned about props, vehicles, deisel files, .dxe's, game config's and many many more nuggets. The challenge is to now put the useful bits onto the wiki so others can benefit.

It's funny how time flies. Feels like it was only a short time ago that I did the last "big" version of this mod, but it's almost been a year. LOL. The modding has a steep learning curve and prone to lots of trial and error, but surprisingly very moddable in several ways. Sometimes I wonder if more people had given it a go, there'd be a lot more content available, given how many mods were done for GR.

I agree. The design surprises and delights me just as many times as it frustrates me. I wonder daily why more did not persist at modding and share the knowledge. So many theories...but the only one I keep coming back to is that it was deemed too hard and a black art. I created the wiki to try and get past this. It would be fantasitic if you could take a look at it as I am sure there is a virtual library of knowledge you could add. I have no doubt that in your travels you have learned not only the black art of weapon making/modding but also much more about the game than anyone else. Care to share? You never know what people are after until you put it out there.

You could start with a page on the videos/intro. you made ;)

Dav

Yes, in the gui/menu_intro.xml you can specify what to play. At first I was just naming my file like some of the files in the movies dir and making the others blank. But then I figured you can have it play what you want by editing that file so you don't need the "dummy" bink videos. Haven't had time to write it all down, but if you compare my menu_intro.xml....or whatever it's called in the gui dir to the original, you can see all of the stuff I pulled out and where to specify your file. I assume the movie videos for the missions are very similar.

Edited by Brettzies

Thanks Brettzies, when you release the new pack, can you pls.

1) Set all weapons to single shot by default (to try and minimise the infamous Z-key "rate of fire" crash)

Perhaps set those without single shot to burst.

2) Can you consider including the 6 shot GL? I do not think this one is in coop games for some reason?

All the models etc are there and I have infact changed my kits (by replacing one of the "std" demo. weapons kits) and am using it on my coop LAN games, so I should be an easy one to include.

Thoughts?

Dav.

Bret,

Great to see you doing more work for your weapon pack. One question, ever thought about adding the MK18 to compliment the m4 variants? I love the crane buttstock and the shorter barrel, and it is just the type of weapon that would go perfectly with your mod and GRAW2.

One question, ever thought about adding the MK18 to compliment the m4 variants? I love the crane buttstock and the shorter barrel, and it is just the type of weapon that would go perfectly with your mod and GRAW2.

Actually, yes. I was planning to add it as a secondary this time around. I don't know about the crane stock though.

For various stocks, one thing I've thought about doing is putting them all in the model and having only one commented as on. So you could essentially pick your stock, but you've have to do it in the xml. It's pretty easy actually. Not sure how that would effect mp though.

Problem is, each new mesh requires build and texture time even for a stock, then getting it into the game. During the week I don't have too much time to work on this except at night and usually tired. I have a list of things that I never got around to, that was one of them

1) Set all weapons to single shot by default (to try and minimise the infamous Z-key "rate of fire" crash)

Perhaps set those without single shot to burst.

2) Can you consider including the 6 shot GL? I do not think this one is in coop games for some reason?

I'm not sure about number 1, I don't think you can set the default fire mode expect for guns that have all 3. I think that was just a side affect of the M16 when you set its fire modes. For some reason it comes in as single shot. 5 was suppose to be semi + burst, but it's still all three. However, it defaults to single shot. I could put all the guns like that, but some don't have burst. You could solve this by making the burst length as long as the mag count, but you'd still end up with two full auto selects with the burst graphic for one of them. It would default to single shot though.

<var name="fire_modes" value="5"/> <!-- 1 = semi, 2 = semi+auto, 3 = semi+auto+burst -->

Number 2 is not as hard, but is 6 normal? I try to make things semi realistic.

Well, I got really busy the 2nd part of the year. I had started something right after the last release but then abandoned it for various reasons. However, the game is still fun to mod despite always running into roadblocks and I do like the "one shot kill" style of the game. When I get going, I get addicted. After cleaning up the M4/M16 using the riser I made for GRAW1, it opened up 6 attachment slots. Plus it looks a little better and the ironsights are usable.

When I was building the below model, I knew it might have issues for aiming, so I stopped a long time ago. But, after messing with the xmls this weekend I added enough to it to see if it would be do-able in game. Intially it didn't work out so well. Either the grip was good with the crye anim set or the reload was wrong and grip slightly bad with the scar anim set. Scar seemed to be a pretty good comprimise with grip and sights working, but I did a little experiment ages ago combining anim sets. The problem was it caused issues for the original weapons not having the right anims. After remembering why I stopped with this one, I figured I'd give it another shot and thanks to some good file re-naming utils I was able to combine the best parts of different anim sets to get a good sa80 anim set. The reload is not accurate, but it's better then nothing. The grip looks good and the sights line up which is the main issue usually.

Still a lot to do on it, not sure when I'll be done. At this point, modding graw/2 is more of a hobby/challenge, though I still get emails from people who have problems installing the mod, so I guess a few people are playing it.

L85_graw_01_500.jpg

L85_graw_02_500.jpg

L85_graw_03_500.jpg

L85_graw_04_500.jpg

L85_graw_05_500.jpg

All i can say is wow. It's great to see you show some updates on your weapon pack. It's been a long time since you've last released your previous pack. I believe with this weapon and other mods you plan to add to your pack, this game will be back on it's feet. Not a lot of people i see really pay attention to this game anymore, but a new mod would defiantly question that.

Just wondering though, i know the project is in it's early stage, but what things do you plan to add into your new pack this time. More weapons (obviously one shown already), new optics ?

Anyways, again, its awesome to see you take some of your time to show us what's goodies you've got for GRAW 2.

Edited by MrNothing

One question, ever thought about adding the MK18 to compliment the m4 variants? I love the crane buttstock and the shorter barrel, and it is just the type of weapon that would go perfectly with your mod and GRAW2.

Actually, yes. I was planning to add it as a secondary this time around. I don't know about the crane stock though.

For various stocks, one thing I've thought about doing is putting them all in the model and having only one commented as on. So you could essentially pick your stock, but you've have to do it in the xml. It's pretty easy actually. Not sure how that would effect mp though.

Problem is, each new mesh requires build and texture time even for a stock, then getting it into the game. During the week I don't have too much time to work on this except at night and usually tired. I have a list of things that I never got around to, that was one of them

It is great to hear that you are considering it and I hope that you will do it. The reason I brought up the crane buttstock is the fact that your other m4 variants have different buttstocks already, and I just feel that the crane buttstock for the mk18 would be perfect. The only request that I have is that you reconsider on making it a secondary. I think it would be great in the primary slot, despite the size of the weapon, but either way, I'm definitely getting it if you make it.

mk18_graw_01_600.jpg

Quick test that I can do when I'm tired...as opposed to building something from scratch. You can see Ramirez has a standard M4 in the background. Probably put the "half ironsight" as a part of the gun if it doesn't obscure the scopes. Might even be able to combine anim sets and get it to work like I did with the L85.

Absolutely there is interest. More than interest.

And you do know for every one that posts, there are 100 that use it and do not..just look at the download stat's. and views on the posts...damn lurkers!

Post you lurkers post!

Dav.

Okay, this hit home because I'm one of the lurkers who fails to post a lot. I love the packs, Bret but have not used one for aout 8 months, I can't wait for the new one to come out and I'll try and be on here to throw down a big thumbs up. Thanks for all the mod work, guys, I love this game but mostly due to the aftermarket support!

mk18_graw_01_600.jpg

Quick test that I can do when I'm tired...as opposed to building something from scratch. You can see Ramirez has a standard M4 in the background. Probably put the "half ironsight" as a part of the gun if it doesn't obscure the scopes. Might even be able to combine anim sets and get it to work like I did with the L85.

Great work, bro. It looks very good and it will be an awesome addition to the mod. I really think it would look great with a crane buttstock, but I can live with whatever you decide.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: material in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

oh my god crashed when selected the weapeon who can help me

Nice first post Paladin.

Come on Paladin, give us SOMETHING to work with here...

Suggest you give more information...what weapon, what mission,what version of Brettzies mod, do you have all official patches, are you running any other mods., does it happen everytime with every weapon in every game etc.etc etc.

Dav

Nice first post Paladin.

Come on Paladin, give us SOMETHING to work with here...

Suggest you give more information...what weapon, what mission,what version of Brettzies mod, do you have all official patches, are you running any other mods., does it happen everytime with every weapon in every game etc.etc etc.

Dav

when i extract the bp_weapon bundle and move them in local folder ,the cash problem has solved.i dont know why

Edited by paladin_le

when i extract the bp_weapon bundle and move them in local folder ,the cash problem has solved.i dont know why

Not sure why, but a lot people had problems with the .bundle.

mk18_graw_03_600.jpg

I have a new stock in the game but it's not textured yet. Figured out some cool stuff and got the ironsight working, but then spent a few hours trying to implement it with opitics. The tricks worked great but I'm not sure I like how it was visually. You could look through the ironsight and aim, or put a scope on and look through the ironsight to the optic. Or, with the trick, have the sight(0-2) flip forward and see the scope ret unobscured. Wasn't sure I liked how that looked though or how these things work in real life. Some pics I've seen look like the scope and ironsight line up, but I can't tell what's happening with that little 0-2 thing. I kind of prefer looking over the ironsight to the scope ret(how the pic above is), but then you can never really use the ironsight(not sure anyone does anyway). After all that work, I went back to this, but I did end up with a good way to combine anim sets without having to duplicate the actual anim files. More tedious but cleaner.

Hi Brettzies, great when you disccover these littel tricks huh. Makes me wish GRIN were still about (wrt GRAW) so we could share them.

I must say I'd prefer to have the iron sight out of the way.

With it always being on, it (combined with the scope and flip lids) occupies too much of the precious screen realestate - making it hard to see then eneny on the rhs of the screen.

Understand not all things are possible...but that would be a preference.

Very much looking forward to playing.

Did you get a chance to look at including the 6 shot GL?

Dav.

Great work :) loving the how far the Mk 18 is looking :D I think you should leave the iron sights on. I've seen a lot of operators leave the iron sights on. Don't know why, but there's gotta be a reason. Just wanted to note, are there going to be side panels when you put the front grip on ?