bp weapons pack v1.45

Brettzies

L85_graw_10_600.jpg

Tunney almost ready for action.

You just working on this whether people pay attention or not, and whether people appreciate your work or not show's that your very committed to working on this project and making others satisfied.

Well, it is satisfying to finish what you set out to do.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L85_graw_11_600.jpg

The Redcoats are coming! :D

____

Just nitpicking here and basing this just off the above SS, but it looks like the brain-buckets could be scaled down abit -5 or -7% maybe?

It did look a bit big. I shrunk it down some.

Man, I wish you could be able to give the Ghosts unbloused boots, because they look a bit weird with the boots bloused. That was the only problem I had with using the merc outfits, so I switched back to ghosts uniforms, but I definitely kept your helmets. Is there any way to let them keep the merc look, but also give them unbloused boots?

Man, I wish you could be able to give the Ghosts unbloused boots, because they look a bit weird with the boots bloused. That was the only problem I had with using the merc outfits, so I switched back to ghosts uniforms, but I definitely kept your helmets. Is there any way to let them keep the merc look, but also give them unbloused boots?

I don't know. There are some things I like about the original ghost uniforms and some I don't. It might just be the helmets but overall they didn't seem too appealing in the PC versions of these games. They felt extra bulky. The whole body is one mesh though, so you couldn't combine the legs with the ghosts and the torso of the merc. Not without the original files that is. Only GRAW1 were provided as sample characters.

However, the guy with the British helmet was one of the sample files. I could possibly try to unblouse his pant legs. He's already bound to the skeleton, so I'm not exactly sure it would work.

Been a while since I looked at the Ghosts in their default uniform. I might check them out and seen how I like them with different head gear and colors. Though, I don't want to re-do all the sp and mp portraits again.

hi brettzies, i like the ghosts' uniform in your weaponpack 1.47, only one request: could you substitute the black with the desert colour(like marines)?

I wasn't really planning on it, but it is possible to give them the usmc uniforms. Originally, I was just trying to make them look different from their default but also different enough from the mex sf and mercs since they are now using those bodies.

L85_graw_11_600.jpg

The Redcoats are coming! :D

____

Just nitpicking here and basing this just off the above SS, but it looks like the brain-buckets could be scaled down abit -5 or -7% maybe?

It did look a bit big. I shrunk it down some.

The guy with the black hat reminds me a lot about CoD 4 xD Keep them good SS's comin :)

but i've got a question - since your making British soldier's for the pack - does this mean that the original character's will be swapped out with the brits ? or our we going to be able to choose which looks we prefer for the characters.

Also, just to add on to bugkill and dimas87, it would look a lot better with unbloused boots. To me for some reason, it gives the character a look as if the person is a high class soldier, but with a casual look lol. As for dimas note, it would look nice replacing the black equipment with tan'd equipment. Again, for some reason i think it makes the character look like a SF dude or spec ops or something. Replacing the camo would be neat too. Multicam looks very nice, but i like the looks of modern and used camo's. a lot of US SF dudes use acu pat and some of the older ones like 3 desert camo and woodland

The guy with the black hat reminds me a lot about CoD 4 xD Keep them good SS's comin :)

but i've got a question - since your making British soldier's for the pack - does this mean that the original character's will be swapped out with the brits ? or our we going to be able to choose which looks we prefer for the characters.

They are selectable in the sp campaign. So, two more ghosts attached to the unit. You may recognize their descriptions from GR1. Unfortunately, the code for telling the game where to look for the portraits is not in the xmls anywhere. Which means their pic will just be a grey box. Kind of a bummer, since almost everything in the gui is accessible via xmls.

I was thinking I could add two soldier types to mp as well, but not sure how or if I want to get into that right now. Not sure about changing the ghosts camo right now. Might look into it, but people have just been doing it on their own.

ghost_camo_01_556.jpg

Messed around with the ghost bodies for quite a while trying to get something that looked decent. This is kind of growing on me in different lights. There were three things I really hated about the ghost uniforms. 1) the space helmets just didn't look too cool. 2) they were one solid block of camo for everything. It just didn't look right, even if a real uniform is like that it has more contrast from the vest to the clothes. Some variation or something. 3) their gear was too "stuck" on looking.

I mixed and matched some of the gear and seperated the vest from the clothes. This makes it "un-switchable" with camo swatches, but it's the only way to do it. Not sure if I want to keep this or not. The necks stick through the back of the collar and the black mich2001 helmets don't look very good with them, so I switched Jenkins to tan. On the plus side, the tan helmet and other head gear blends pretty well.

Edited by Brettzies

ghost_camo_01_556.jpg

Messed around with the ghost bodies for quite a while trying to get something that looked decent. This is kind of growing on me in different lights. There were three things I really hated about the ghost uniforms. 1) the space helmets just didn't look too cool. 2) they were one solid block of camo for everything. It just didn't look right, even if a real uniform is like that it has more contrast from the vest to the clothes. Some variation or something. 3) their gear was too "stuck" on looking.

I mixed and matched some of the gear and seperated the vest from the clothes. This makes it "un-switchable" with camo swatches, but it's the only way to do it. Not sure if I want to keep this or not. The necks stick through the back of the collar and the black mich2001 helmets don't look very good with them, so I switched Jenkins to tan. On the plus side, the tan helmet and other head gear blends pretty well.

Mine are similar to yours, but your work is better. If possible, could you post the xml files so that I could update mine? I really like those better than I do the merc uniforms, because the merc boots just look ridiculous to me, and your gear setup was done exactly the way I tried to do mine. I really did not mind the neck through the collar, a very small flaw in my eyes.

ghost_camo_01_556.jpg

these are fantastic

Mine are similar to yours, but your work is better. If possible, could you post the xml files so that I could update mine? I really like those better than I do the merc uniforms, because the merc boots just look ridiculous to me, and your gear setup was done exactly the way I tried to do mine. I really did not mind the neck through the collar, a very small flaw in my eyes.

I'm starting to like them more and more, but it took a while to get something that looked balanced. Still going to tweak a few things like the flag. I might be able to take the Mitchell head and do a few texture variations to represent the different guys. I would just use their heads, but the helmet is part of the mesh on the other guys. At least his neck shouldn't poke through.

It seems that the small majority here likes them so it might be the way to go. I do like that they are different enough from the mercs and sf and not too space age. Only problem with using the merc and sf bodies is you look like the enemy kind of.

I'm starting to like them more and more, but it took a while to get something that looked balanced. Still going to tweak a few things like the flag. I might be able to take the Mitchell head and do a few texture variations to represent the different guys. I would just use their heads, but the helmet is part of the mesh on the other guys. At least his neck shouldn't poke through.

It seems that the small majority here likes them so it might be the way to go. I do like that they are different enough from the mercs and sf and not too space age. Only problem with using the merc and sf bodies is you look like the enemy kind of.

How about giving some of the operators unshaven faces. They look a bit too clean cut and I think that some beard stubble would be perfect.

Edited by bugkill

How about giving some of the operators unshaven faces. They look a bit too clean cut and I think that some beard stubble would be perfect.

yea. a lot of SF dudes don't really look clean or have a clean cut. Supposedly they do so because in places like afghanistan and iraq, they have to blend in with the area and the people so they don't stand out as a enemy. you think its possible to give them like plain t shirts to give it a more SF feel ?

on coop-snipers an ai was near with an RPG and it gave rpg.dsf ctd.

while othertimes it happens when chosing it yourself or the host gets it.

While I was switching the weapons to default to single shot, I looked at the u_rpg.xml and it has an error in it:

<var name="ai_angle_req_near" value=5"/>

<var name="ai_angle_req_near" value="5"/>

There's no quote mark in front of the 5. So, that might have been that problem. I fixed it and added it to the mod. I'm also putting the mrc_GL back in as a legal attachment id #, since it is referenced for some reason in the coop kits at an attachment on the GL. Not sure if that's a mistake or used as an anim or what. It's greyed out(commented out) in the weapon xml, but not in the coop templates.

Edited by Brettzies

Found another reason the RPG was most likely causing crashes. It uses a permanent attachement in it's unit file, pgo7. I had put that out of the range at 126. Funny thing, if I take it off, the RPG has a built in functioning ironsight. So, I can either put it back and take up an attachment id# or leave it off, and try to get one of the weapons I took out back in. I still don't understand why it has mrc_grenade_launcher as an attachment. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.

Anyway, I think this was the cause of all RPG related crashes. So simple....yet...so long to find.

So, just for a bit of confirmation, what will be the name of the next version? (As in 1.46? 1.5?) Your mod is great, I especially like the new sounds you put in. Has the "sound cut-off" problem been fixed yet?

Perhaps your should focus on the weapons first and release the new skins for uniforms, etc in a pack later?

P.S.

Will there be new sounds for the HK-416?