Favorite Zombie Movie?

mwgfghost

Okay so I know it's not even close to Halloween yet but I rented Night of the Living Dead 3D 2-d Version this weekend and yeah I thought I'd get this topic started. That had to be the worst zombie movie I've ever seen. Plot was out of whack, the weapon scene was the worst ever, and the characters were all opposite of what they were in the 68 and 90's versions. Now one of the guys in the commentary tried explaining this but I couldn't even make it through that. I did however like one line when the main character's brother made a reference to map quest because it set the tone for the date of the film. Anyways, that's my least favorite zombie film.

Best zombie film, IMO is Night of the Living Dead(1990). The reason for this is, they had decent weapons, the acting was good, the storyline was close to the orginal, and I actually wanted the characters to live(that could be contributed to the acting. Everytime it gets to the gas station part, I'm so demoralized cause grrr! They didn't look hard enough. Trying hard not to spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen it yet. And the rednecks at the end always remind me of people from the eastern shore here in Maryland. But what's key to me in a zombie movie is that the zombies are slow. I just can't stand the runners like in Dawn of the Dead(2004). Cause you gotta have some way to distinguish the living from the dead in a good zombie film. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, that's my favorite zombie flick. And I will accept 28 Days/Weeks Later even though they're not really zombies. The director of 28 Weeks Later stated they're "the infected" but I will accept those movies as zombie movies.

Yeah Shaun of the Dead was actually really good. Had it's funny parts but it was also pretty serious at times. And I liked 28 Days Later because it gave you more of a sense of survival. But I liked 28 Weeks Later because it was fast paced and went into more detail of how the infection spreads. Each had its ups and downs but I won't get into that.

Funniest zombie movie would have to be Return of the Living Dead pt 2. The guy that played Joey in that had me laughing so hard when he busts into the church and yells "Brenda!!!!!" Just something about his voice. And some of the zombies make hilarious noises too. In fact that was on comedy central one time. And Return of the Living Dead Necropolis was pretty bad too. Mainly because they didn't even have their own scary music in there. Just threw in rock songs by Powerman 5000 and Godsmack. Some other bands too.

I still have to go with the first, Night of the Liven Dead (Black and white). It was the one that got me into Zombie flicks plus it was made in P.A. right below me and i mean just afew miles away! Every time i watch it and they talk on the TV it is saying places i know and have been because its so close. Makes it seem more real hearing locations that are around where you live and know so well! If you ever watch it again listen to all the places the news guys mention for safe housing and outbreaks. Than think to yourself that's just afew towns over and you will know how much that brings you into the movie.

For Xmas my wife got me Night of the Liven Dead original and she watched it for the first time. She kept going on that's right there can't believe its so close to us. Almost think she was getting into the places it was talking about and showing more than the movie! Because she know them all.

Yeah Preacher. I'm gonna have to watch it again. That's one thing I liked about the 1968 version is they had those little tid bits of info on the news. I liked that. Instead of just going to it here and there and then breaking the TV like a YO YO!!! LOL That guy cracked me up in the 90's version. Goin on about yo yo's. Everytime he says , I do a little yo yo motion.

And yes. Roco Resident Evil was nice too. I'm only 21 and it's like I'm the only person that recognized Milla Jovovich in Dazed and Confused. She's pretty hott too. But why did Michelle Rodriguez have to die?! LOL

And I forgot to mention the only thing I didn't really like about the original Dawn of the Dead is the zombie make up. I think they had a low budget cause all the zombies looked baby blue. I really wish they would've brought back the one zombie with the tamborine in Dawn of the Dead(2004). Anyways, keep em coming. I'm always looking for new zombie films.

IMO The best Zombie experience these days can be played on your PC..., but, "we don't go there anymore...." ;) and then there is also Yantar...Holy Crap...

Prolly Night of The Livivng Dead orginal if it did not have that obnoxious man in it...should a found a reason to shoot him early on...the org Return was pretty funny...but alas, I prefer Vampires and Werewolves to Zs on the sliver screen though Van Helsing is about the only flick that was kinda true to them lately...I'm so sick of Fetish Vamps n Were Queers...jeez..give it a rest...one of my fav vamp movies I cannot recall the name of but it had Lance Henrickson and Bill Paxton as vamps without fangs! they just slit your throat or whatever...and carried guns...more like outlaws than boogers....my fav line from any horror movie..."time to die cowboy..." I guess I prefer Zombie movies and other horror/sci-fi flicks that don't take themselves too seriously like Shaun' or Tremors...sorry bout wandering off topic so...but somebody has to go into that other room...else the flick would just shut down...

mig :ph34r:

Ah! I can't remember that Paxton vampire movie either, mig! I did catch it on TV once. Was pretty crazy. I think the funniest part about the original Night of the Living Dead is the guy that played Tom. He was like a gee golly type of guy instead of a redneck. Laugh every time I see him. Same with the 1990 Tom cause his tough guy lines just don't come out right. The best part about Halloween last year was I caught both of em through comcast on demand. But if you get a chance, watch Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis. So hilarious. A lot of classic lines that will make ya chuckle. And the music is priceless.