Warfighters Simulation

firefly2442

There's something inherently comical about stuff like this. I figure if you want to play war, join a military and go kick in doors and get shot at fo real, fo sho. There's an Aussie thing too that works like this. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's just wrong, like war is a game and to not be taken seriously, which it should be.

I think there are a lot of people (like the ones who play war video games) who aren't in any military, but really like that sort of stuff. Sometimes I think that if you want to play soldier, join your military or local redneck militia and do it, then other times I think that if you wanna get your jollies off playing war without all the blood and loss of life, sure, but respect those that do so on a daily basis.

Being a soldier isn't always about proper room clearing techniques. To me, it's all about endurance really. If you want a true soldier experience, do this....

1. Find an area outside, maybe your back yard.

2. Dig a hole about 3ft deep.

3. Sit in that hole for 4 weeks straight. You can't get the bugs off you, you have to just live with whatever crap comes your way, rain or shine, but if there is no torrential rain at all, wait until it comes.

4. Make sure you have a buddy with you....at all times. Forget your privacy, that's out the window. Complain to your buddy about how much this F-in hole sucks and how you want to get out.

5. Listen to your buddy while he talks about many things you don't care about.

6. At the end of the 4wks, as you're getting out, dig yourself another hole and stay in it for 6 more weeks.

7. Rinse, wash (not really) repeat.

8. Then go do a combat simulation.

This isn't really what happens, but it's the closest thing I can think of that will get you ###### off enough to simulate being a soldier lol.

Indeed...I'd love to see a warfighters simulation place where they instead of tossing you into the fray of things instantly instead put you on a 5 minute alert and during the cource of that alert keep feeding you info about what's going on outside the fence....ofcource with the added rumours of "we are going in!", "so and so is in contact"...and then in the end just stand you down without ever having moved at all other than the times you have been just about out the gates before getting called back.

I'm more interested in learning the tactics of room clearing for example than actually participating. I know it's not the "real thing" but it would be interesting to learn the strategies behind it.

... Why? Unless you're planning on kicking doors someday, you have no need for that knowledge. Besides that, having an understanding of the techniques != proficiency. You can learn basic room-clearing techniques online, or hell, pick up SWAT3: GOTY, and go through the training CD. You'll learn all you need to learn about room clearing.

I've been up to warfighters although not had a go personally plenty of friends have and love it.

I never really understand the logic that anyone enjoying this kind of thing should join the army as mentioned above. Surely this kind of thing, paintball and airsoft is no different than playing cops and robbers as a child in your back garden only on a bigger scale?? a bit like people who loved their scalextrix as kids playing go carts as adults... ok so perhaps not the best analogy lol but hopefully you get my drift

I've been up to warfighters although not had a go personally plenty of friends have and love it.

I never really understand the logic that anyone enjoying this kind of thing should join the army as mentioned above. Surely this kind of thing, paintball and airsoft is no different than playing cops and robbers as a child in your back garden only on a bigger scale?? a bit like people who loved their scalextrix as kids playing go carts as adults... ok so perhaps not the best analogy lol but hopefully you get my drift

I completely get your point Kleaneasy, and understand. I think most guys who have been in real combat kinda feel like it's not really a game that should be played, but you're right. It's just like playing soldier as a kid, and frankly, I had a hell of a time playing "soldier" during my Army career. You haven't lived until you've been creeping up on the enemy in the dead of night, just to get in a massive 10sec firefight where everybody runs out of ammo, then starts going "bang bang! rat tat tat BANG" hehe

I saw something like this in a gun magazine last week. It was in fact, exactly the same, but in the United States and it lasted an entire week. I think this would be pretty fun. The main appeal, I believe, is for people like me who have an interest in military things, but aren't quite sure if they want to get shot at for real. This is just like a video game, just more physical in my opinion. I'd shell out the money for this, it looks like it would be a great time. And honestly, I don't see any harm in something like this. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that people die for real in war, and its not something to be taken lightly. At the same time though, if this is "wrong" why aren't all the movies, video games, books, etc, centered around war "wrong" as well?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see something like SF training boot camp Reality Show. The only exception is real SF would not be allowed only fat couch potato slobs. Then have the retired SF guys running the training. Difference is no one gets voted off although they can request to quit. They get scored on every aspect of the training and the one with the highest points at the end of training wins the prize and ties are allowed.

I would like to see something like SF training boot camp Reality Show. The only exception is real SF would not be allowed only fat couch potato slobs. Then have the retired SF guys running the training. Difference is no one gets voted off although they can request to quit. They get scored on every aspect of the training and the one with the highest points at the end of training wins the prize and ties are allowed.

I seen somthing like that in basic. It's not fun to watch trust me.

"argh ugh argh uagh,,, I can't breath!" ITS ONLY 1 LAP AROUND THE TRACK!

They either went to mental health, quit, or went AWOL. Sad really!

Edited by pz3

nah 2 guys did that aswell... 3 attempted suicides (like ###### it isnt that bad) side note IbProphen doesnt kill you.. dont try an overdose.

1 guy went awol and just lived on base for 2 weeks. Ran into the Drill Sgt at a subway lol! Basic was easy too.. More stress working at a fast food place.

Edited by pz3