bp weapons pack v1.41

Brettzies

would it be possible to remove (or let us remove) the rail protectors on the M16A(4/3) and the M4A1?

Yes. You can edit the model xmls to take that stuff out for the M4. I wish it could just be an option but has to be done in the xmls unfortunately. Here's how you do it:

\bp_weapons_pack_v1.41\objects\weapons\bp_m4v2\bp_m4v2_common.xml

add hidden="true" to these lines like below:

<object name="gfx_rasside_loda" shadow_caster="true" max_distance="500" hidden="true"/>

<object name="gfx_rasside_lodb" shadow_caster="true" instance_struct="world_tm_ambient_cube" hidden="true"/>

Do the same thing for these files except they will be called gfx_guards_lod(a/b):

bp_weapons_pack_v1.41\objects\weapons\addons\bp_m4v2_tactical_grip\bp_m4v2_tactical_grip.xml

bp_weapons_pack_v1.41\objects\weapons\addons\bp_m4v2_tactical_grip\bp_m4v2_tactical_grip_3rd.xml

For the M16, you can do it for the grenade laucher and tac grip, but you'll still have them on the side of the weapon. I didn't set it up the same way as I only learned you could do stuff like this after I had made the M16. I'd have to export another M16 to do that. I like the panels on the M16 myself though.

I've gone back and forth with myself as to what looks more appealing, off or on.

Edited by Brettzies

Brett:

Would it be possible to put a radio on back or anywhere on the vest?

Thanks.

In the ghost_templates.xml each soldier can use their regular torso gear. Turn off the active one and activate the line by removing <!-- and --> :

<!--<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_01"/>--> <!--can be used to give a radio on back-->

That has a radio on the back torso.

Edited by Brettzies

Brett:

Would it be possible to put a radio on back or anywhere on the vest?

Thanks.

In the ghost_templates.xml each soldier can use their regular torso gear. Turn off the active one and activate the line by removing <!-- and --> :

<!--<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_01"/>--> <!--can be used to give a radio on back-->

That has a radio on the back torso.

Yeah! I tried that, but it doesn't work...

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_back_strap_beasley"/>

<gear_unit name="ghost_gear2_dropleg_panel_right"/>

<gear_unit name="ghost_gear2_left_leg_gear_04"/>

<gear_unit name="ghost_gear2_dropleg_panel_left"/>

<!--<gear_unit name="ghost_gear_torso_gear_01"/>-->

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_01"/> <!--can be used to give radio on back-->

<gear_unit name="ghost_gear2_right_leg_holster"/>

<gear_unit name="ghost_gear2_hips_gear_04"/>

:ermm:

<gear_unit name="acu_ghost_torso_gear_01"/> <!--can be used to give radio on back-->

Works fine here. I just tried it on Ramirez to make sure. Are you looking at the mp characters? Even coop uses the mp characters. If so, edit the mp_templates. It's basically the same only the characters are called bp_rifleman, bp_assault, etc.

Works fine here. I just tried it on Ramirez to make sure. Are you looking at the mp characters? Even coop uses the mp characters. If so, edit the mp_templates. It's basically the same only the characters are called bp_rifleman, bp_assault, etc.

:thumbsup: Thanks Brett. Yeah!, It works fine! :P