Changing M1014 to secondary spot

Faceman

I'm having a bit of trouble creating a mod that changes the newly added M1014 shotgun from the 1.05 patch to the Secondary section in the inventory screen. I've tried editing the u_m1014.xml from the data/units/weapons path (changed "weapon_class" value to "secondary" and "inventory_slot" value to "secondary") but no luck.

I know its definitely picking up my changes though as I also changed the strings for the weapon names and included that in my mod .bundle and they are coming through in the game.

Anyone got any ideas?

Success!

I was able to add the Aimpoint back onto it as an accessory too (looks like they originally intended on including it but didn't for some reason).

Only problem is; there doesn't seem to be any associated animations for it or something as when you right-click to "aim" nothing happens. But the model appears fine, correctly aligned, etc and the UI and HUD graphics are all there. Strange.

Edited by Faceman

Success!

I was able to add the Aimpoint back onto it as an accessory too (looks like they originally intended on including it but didn't for some reason).

Only problem is; there doesn't seem to be any associated animations for it or something as when you right-click to "aim" nothing happens. But the model appears fine, correctly aligned, etc and the UI and HUD graphics are all there. Strange.

That's why it's removed.

Was it ever there though? Or have I missed something here?

If there's only one aiming animation for it then we pretty much are in the same situation as with the SAW, nothing that can be done inregards to new sights.

It was an idea. But I'm guessing animation time didn't permit it due to other projects having high priority.

tried the command prompt method and the "run" method and im not getting anything to happen... on the command prompt i keep getting Unknown error, and the "run" i get nothing... all that extracts is the anims folder...

Yorkshire, copy the bundler.exe from you public_tools/bundler folder to your bundles folder then create a folder called data in the same place. Next, open a command prompt, change to the bundles folder I just mentioned and run the following command:

bundler extract -r patch.bundle data data

That should do the trick. Anyway, back on topic...

If there's only one aiming animation for it then we pretty much are in the same situation as with the SAW, nothing that can be done inregards to new sights.

I thought maybe the animation was there but for some reason wasn't being used (ie. not polished enough or something like that). Anyway, is it possible to use the Aimpoint aim animation from Brettzies M4 Super 90 for this M4 Super 90?

Oh, you can only use a whole set of animations for a weapon? I was under the impression you could specify which animation to use for each action, ie: reload animation = MRC reload animation, aim animation = SCAR aim animation, etc.

Oh, you can only use a whole set of animations for a weapon? I was under the impression you could specify which animation to use for each action, ie: reload animation = MRC reload animation, aim animation = SCAR aim animation, etc.

That would actually be useful, and is somewhat do-able if you want to rename a bunch of files and combine them together. When I say bunch, I mean a boat load. Would still have hiccups but may work more or less. I did it once, but never got it to recognize it as a "new" animation set. In other words, I was using the mrc combined with something else, so it pretty much screwed up the normal mrc if you used that weapon. It could still probably work, but I did give up after a while to move on.

So is there an easy way to change the MR-C to a secondary spot? If so, how?

Thanks.

Exactly the same way as described for the M1014, but change the entries for the Crye instead.

Ok, I obviously missed something. I unbundled the patch bundle, modified weapon_data.xml (changed the MR-C to secondary and the class id 3 to or something like that), rebundled the data folder called it my own bundle, placed it in the mods folder and modified the context.xml. What am I missing. Sill lost.

Thanks for the help .

i don't know what you missed, but why not skip all the rebundling, just keep your modified weapon_data.xml in your local\(your language)\lib\managers\xml folder.

Maybe you rebundled the old XMB files too, you should delete those first.

Ok, got it to work. Thanks Spring... You hit the nail on the head.

:thumbsup:

you can do that with all weapons, but it sometimes produces an error when you order your team to go to recon mode with these guns. best solution is to use it only yourself then, or at least equip your mates with silenced sidearms. though i'm not so sure if the latter workaround really works.

Edited by SpringMan