New Delta Force game announced?

Hatchetforce

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?si...de=&order=0

We all knew Novalogic was working on a new title, rumored to be The Unit: Operation Acid Gambit, based on the TV series, but that seems to have been abandoned by now. Last we heard Novalogic bought a motion capture unit from PhaseSpace for its game development. While details are currently non-existant, a teaser image does reveal a first clue as to its possible setting, the background shows an faint outline of South America. There should be more details soon, as DF: BO is scheduled for 2008.

Edited by Hatchetforce

If you've been to a restaurant twice and both times you found a dead rat in your soup, would you go back a third time?

Respectfully

krise madsen

Ever play a title with sequels better than the original? It is rare but I have once or twice. What do you really know about this title? I will take a wait and see attitude.

Edited by Hatchetforce

...would you go back a third time?
Personally, I would not have made that second trip, but you Europeans are more tolerant, constitutionally. ;)

Oh, for the love of God...I seem to have wandered into the Console Section again. Sorry.

Edited by NoQuarter

If you've been to a restaurant twice and both times you found a dead rat in your soup, would you go back a third time?

Respectfully

krise madsen

Ever play a title with sequels better than the original? It is rare but I have once or twice. What do you really know about this title? I will take a wait and see attitude.

Actually, Task Force Dagger (DF3 Land Warrior expansion) was a little better than the original (which in turn was worse than DF1&2), maybe because it was made by Zombie rather than NovaLogic. And things got even worse with Black Hawk Down.

Admittedly, I look at this exclusively from an SP/co-op tac-sim perspective (BHD MP was pretty good), but NovaLogic has consistently failed to address the only truly serious flaw of the DF-series: The linear gameplay and accompanying horrid AI that completely fails to take advantage of the vast, open-ended maps and huge draw distances that have been there since DF1.

Hey, if the new DF game is truly great then I will happily buy it and be a satisfied customer. I will even praise them if the game is good but doesn't fit my admittedly very narrow tastes in FPS (or at least I hope I'm man enough to do so). But until I have some rock-hard tangible evidence of this, you will excuse me if I choose to believe that nothing has changed.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Hey, if the new DF game is truly great then I will happily buy it and be a satisfied customer. I will even praise them if the game is good but doesn't fit my admittedly very narrow tastes in FPS (or at least I hope I'm man enough to do so). But until I have some rock-hard tangible evidence of this, you will excuse me if I choose to believe that nothing has changed.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I completely agree -- the last few DF games haven't really been that great, and i'm as much a fan of action games as i am tactical shooters. However, I think hf's right. No need to get worked up or decry the game before you see it, it could be great. Probably not, but there's no reason to make assumptions.

I calmed down a lot about games when i quit preordering, ever.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I completely agree -- the last few DF games haven't really been that great, and i'm as much a fan of action games as i am tactical shooters. However, I think hf's right. No need to get worked up or decry the game before you see it, it could be great. Probably not, but there's no reason to make assumptions.

I calmed down a lot about games when i quit preordering, ever.

I do seem to get a bit riled up over such things don't I? :lol: You know, if the DF series had just been all crap I would never have given it a second thought. But I firmly believe the series had the potential to be as big, if not bigger, than GR. "Bigger" as in this being DF.net and GR is mentioned as "that other also pretty good game". Instead it ended up trying to take on the Battlefield series at their own game and boy did they not win that one :lol:

Respectfully

krise madsen