New OGR Map: Allison Point

CrazyMahone

Allison Point

Allison Point is a new map built using part of the Mission #8 map. This map consists of two parts, where the second part will be released in the future.

In this part your objective is to investigate parts of the map and ultimately destroy the fuel dump. It's a tough slog even for the hardiest of soldiers. There are plenty of bad guys to keep you busy and annoy you; over 360.

Good Luck ... Link to Filefront to download Allison Point (7z)

map and concept by Crazy Mahone

This map is in BETA. Please report any errors to this forum post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Allison Point - Part 2 has finally reached an Alpha stage. Editing is a very slow process because my machine clunks along at 5 frames/second while editing the NPC's. (8800 GTX)

This is the introductory text to wet your appetite:

"Destroying that fuel dump (Part 1) sure #&@!(@ them off. In this mission you need to destroy their battle plans at the top of the point before reaching the extraction point. We got a garbled recon report that said 'Holy crap, there's over 8 down there'. However, we're pretty sure there is a few more. So to air on the side of caution, bring extra everything. And maybe a special goodbye to love ones ... just in case."

As soon as I can figure out how to script helicopters, it will be in BETA and I'll be able to release it to the killing public out there. In early tests show that it's a tough slog with 5 hardcore fighters. You'll see us testing it on "K R E B".

And yes, there is plans for Part 3.

Allison Point - Part 2 has finally reached an Alpha stage. Editing is a very slow process because my machine clunks along at 5 frames/second while editing the NPC's. (8800 GTX)

not sure what NPCs are but if you are talking about AI, here's what you do - exit the editor and copy humans you are done with from world.xml to a temp text file, do the next batch. Save again when FPS drop too low. I have so much AI on my maps because of the many versions for each spawn that I create a temp file for each trigger area and then restart the editor with a clean world file. At the end I just paste them all back into the world.xml.

That way the editor always runs at 30fps or better and things move along nicely

Thanks ... that's a great idea. There are 878 NPC's scattered in 300+ spawn points locations. What causes the lag is all the paths the NPC's are following ... I code about 40% of the spawn points have paths and 70% are ping-pong recon.

This is not a "1 death/player" map ... though in testing (because I know where the NPC's are, I can usually take out 80-120 before I make a mistake and get popped. The last half of the map contains 2/3rds of the NPC's.