About loading textures

well, if you have something similar to a cray 3, it might be that the puter might manage to do that.....

remember, sahrani is somewere around 400km2, and having all that loaded all the time, well, i realy don't think there's a gpu and cpu out that'll manage that with desent quality......

not exactly loaded all the time. Its just that frames always drop everytime a texture is loaded for the first time. I was thinking that maybe loading the textures for the first time while in the loading screen would probably help(if it's even possible anyway).

Right now, i simply reduced the texture quality to low and that cut down loading times of textures.

Just for comparison purposes, I'm running it on a C2E QX6700, 8800GTX, XP-Pro system and maxing the options out will still tend to be "problematic" at times.

You'll just have to adjust your settings, along with your expectations...it's a big hunk of real estate.

It seems that all pubs/devs are low-balling their system requirements these days. Good for the industry, not so much the player.

Just for comparison purposes, I'm running it on a C2E QX6700, 8800GTX, XP-Pro system and maxing the options out will still tend to be "problematic" at times.

You'll just have to adjust your settings, along with your expectations...it's a big hunk of real estate.

It seems that all pubs/devs are low-balling their system requirements these days. Good for the industry, not so much the player.

I brought textures to low(apprently, it's not as different from medium which is a good thing for me :) ), shaders to normal since i always use the lowplants mod(the trees and plants are the only things eating my PC other than building walls), terrain quality to low since the grass is only there for eye-candy and not in any way tactically helpful when dealing with the AI, AA and AF disabled, and shadows on low.

I also play on 800X600 resolution. I dont have much problems dealing with jaggies anyway.

all in all, i get around 15-20 FPS when things REALLY get busy and 30 above during the rest. I can also place my visual slider to around 2100 meters now, which is good since I'm usually the chopper pilot of my team.

One other thing:

I urge EVERYONE to use the lowplants mod. It will help you GREATLY no matter how big or small your system is.

Edited by mark2000