Brettzies

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brettzies

on the second page of this i think or something

well

you said that you'd be releasing 2 files where you could make your own camo or something if ppl wanted to switch

is it still going to happen ?

I suppose I could. I was going to write a small tutorial on how to use them. I mean, it's not hard, but helps to have things explained in a visual manner if possible. At the moment I'm busy with something else however.

Does anyone else get a modified files error when running this mod and trying to join online servers? I'm guessing I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall when I want to go between MP and SP.

That's the problem with using local folders for mods. Which is why I'm trying to figure out why bundles are not working for everyone.

But have you tested to simply go into the context.xml and making sure it's set to "english" and made sure you have no English local folder?

Does anyone else get a modified files error when running this mod and trying to join online servers? I'm guessing I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall when I want to go between MP and SP.

That's the problem with using local folders for mods. Which is why I'm trying to figure out why bundles are not working for everyone.

But have you tested to simply go into the context.xml and making sure it's set to "english" and made sure you have no English local folder?

I'll check when I get home from work tonight but I think I do have an english folder still from an earlier version of the weapon mod. I haven't updated this mod yet to the 1.41 yet either, still running v. 1.4. The method I used to install it was to simply extract everything to the graw2 folder and it put everthing where it should be. Unfortunately I didn't back up my context.xml file which is not a big deal. I'll look at the context file tonight to make sure it's there and remove the old english file and see if that works.

I thought that v. 1.4 used the bundle folder and not the local folder.

Does anyone know where the weapon XML file is after the 1.4 version mod? I had to switch back to the 1.4 over the 1.41 as I like having my m203 to have more than 1 40mm round.

I want to tweak my ammo supply but for some reason the weapon XML file is gone! Either Windows XP's searcher can't find it or maybe its hidden somewhere???

Help!

Edited by cobrabase

• 4 weeks later...

Hello GRIN Wolfsong,

First, great Expanded Mod. I'm getting my Physx card installed this week, so I am looking forward to playing your extended mod's Ageia island mod with 6 guys and the Ageia Island mission with Brettzies Weapons Pack mod. Question about your last message, regarding Brettzies mod and the Local English folder. I have it so that my context.xml file points directly to Brettzies mod, and not the "English" folder (which is inside of the Local folder). Should the English folder be deleted all together to be able to join MP servers online with the use of Brettzies mod? Or should the Weapons Pack mod be placed inside of the English folder in order to play online and avoid the dreaded message stating we're using altered files? Thanks.

PS: Am I the only person running Brettzies 1.41 version that is having problems with the M203 add-on only showing 1 grenade?

Thanks.

Eric

PS: Am I the only person running Brettzies 1.41 version that is having problems with the M203 add-on only showing 1 grenade?

GL fix

There's a fix for the GL in v1.41. There's also an MP version of this mod, though, it has a few problems in coop with RPGs for some reason, but TDM seems to work. 1.45 thread, but 1.47 release.

GL fix

There's a fix for the GL in v1.41. There's also an MP version of this mod, though, it has a few problems in coop with RPGs for some reason, but TDM seems to work. 1.45 thread, but 1.47 release.

I'm playing the entire single player game on hard core. OI!!!!! Fun with the mods!!!

Thanks again Brettzies!

GL fix

Thanks for posting the GL fix Brettzies! I will look for the MP version of the mod as well. Is it in the download section? Again, thanks for creating this mod. Does it work for [GR] Coop mode?

Eric

Does anyone know where the weapon XML file is after the 1.4 version mod? I had to switch back to the 1.4 over the 1.41 as I like having my m203 to have more than 1 40mm round.

I want to tweak my ammo supply but for some reason the weapon XML file is gone! Either Windows XP's searcher can't find it or maybe its hidden somewhere???

Help!

Here's the link to the M203 GL Fix:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry513074

Eric

GL fix

Hi Brett,

Quick question regarding V1.47: Will it work in Coop games? Or just TDM? Thanks.

Eric

• 3 months later...

v1.4 - available

mod_db_image_12_500.jpg

Full Mod: Weapon Pack v1.4 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: Weapon Pack v1.4 - ModDb Link

Teaser: Weapon Pack v1.4 - Teaser Movie

v1.4 Additions

This is actually a pretty big addition to the mod and goes beyond just weapons. However, in the interest of continuity I’m leaving it as a weapons pack. About two and a half weeks ago(now 3), I began experimenting with the Ghost models to see if something could be done like in GRAW1 with the player’s team using the Mexican Special Forces model. Turns out it was pretty easy to do, but opened up a lot of possiblities for changing the look of the Ghosts.

I didn’t feel just swapping bodies with the enemy and changing some camo patterns was significant enough to warrant a release on its own. Therefore, I decided to add a few weapons, gear, and finally made an eotech sight. I picked the M4 Combat Shotgun since I thought it would be fairly unique and easy to build. Turns out that may have been a mistake as you will see in the future. I also put in a Sig552 Commando since it fits close to some of the in-game animations and I’ve always thought it was a nice looking weapon. Both can be used as secondary weapons, but the Sig552 can also be used as a primary.

To finish things off, I put in some new headgear for the Ghosts to further distinguish them. It doesn’t seem like much, but was quite an undertaking to get working correctly. A ballcap, boonie hat, and mich2001 helmet with or without nightvision. I customized each Ghost to look a bit unique in single player, but also converted the multiplayer portion of the game to use this new gear and uniforms.

Sig552 Commando

·available as primary or secondary

·semi auto, burst, and full auto fire modes

·custom tweaked sounds

·suppressor attachment

·multiple scope attachments

·working ironsights

Eotech

·built an eotech sight and added it to the following weapons:

·M16A4, M4A1, M468, Sig552, Rx4, M416, Scar L, Scar H

Multiplayer Kits

·added new kits to take advantage of the Sig552

Benelli M4 Shotgun

·available as a secondary weapon

·aimpoint or ironsights

·custom tweaked sounds

New Look Ghosts

·new gear and unifrom for each Ghost

·ballcap with or without headset

·boonie hat

·mich2001 with or without nightvision, up or down

·used in multiplayer as well as single player

New Look Marines

·new gear and unifrom for USMC in sp

·use M16A4s and M4A1s

I'm going to release this version of the mod today since I feel like I've done about all can stand for the moment : ) Undoutably there will be hiccups but hopefully few. When the patch comes out next week, I'll look at the changes and any issues that come up between now and then, and adjust accordingly.

The installation is very easy but it will overwrite your context.xml, so back that up if you have anything you want to keep in there. Read the docs for further notes on installation, but basically just extract bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.zip(not the main downloaded zip) into your Graw2 main dir and go.

Special thanks to GRIN_Wolfsong for debugging the bunlde file and providing info on various problems that creep up.

------------------------For Easy Customization without unbundling-----------------------

If you don't want to unbundle the whole thing, but still want to be able to customize the headgear or ammo counts, you can download this file and unzip it into your main Graw2 dir. It should put the lib folder in the correct place(local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4) if you did the normal installation. If not, just move it to whatever folder you have the files in.

bp_weapons_pack_v1.4/lib directory and files

It's very small, less then 1meg.

ghost_templaters for headgear

weapon_data for ammo

GRIN_Wolfsong: People playing on Vista may have to go into their user/appdata/local folder and find GRAW2 there and delete all their XMB files for it to work properly.

--------------------For Patch1.05 you will have to UNBUNDLE the mod-----------------------

Looks like the bundle will cause problems with the new patch. You will have to unbundle the whole mod...see this thread or others in general modding for various ways to do that. However, you won't be able to use some of the new features in Patch1.05, like the 2 new GRIN weapons.

Unbundling locations: page 5 post#70

Unbundling instructions: page 6 post #83

Love the Mod. Question, is it possible for you to add an Elcan "M145" sight for the SAW/240? As a Heavy Weapons gunner myself I can attest to the great utility of these devices. Also what about Paq4 /PEQ2a IR target designators? Just some ideas.