bp weapons pack v1.4

Brettzies

If you don't want to unbundle the whole thing, but still want to be able to customize the headgear or ammo counts, you can download this file and unzip it into your main Graw2 dir. It should put the lib folder in the correct place(local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4) if you did the normal installation. If not, just move it to whatever folder you have the files in.

bp_weapons_pack_v1.4/lib directory and files

It's very small, less then 1meg.

Hmm... no red cross from the MRC. Anyone else having this problem?

You are the best. I'll DL now and try to get my mags in order.

If Government had customer service this good we'd have 90 states instead of 50.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to unbundle the whole thing, but still want to be able to customize the headgear or ammo counts, you can download this file and unzip it into your main Graw2 dir. It should put the lib folder in the correct place(local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4) if you did the normal installation. If not, just move it to whatever folder you have the files in.

bp_weapons_pack_v1.4/lib directory and files

It's very small, less then 1meg.

Hmm... no red cross from the MRC. Anyone else having this problem?

You are the best. I'll DL now and try to get my mags in order.

If Government had customer service this good we'd have 90 states instead of 50.

We're up and running Chief. Still no sight for the eotech. I'm posting a video on my youtube account now for you to see the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dR68QcrHc

Edited by cobrabase

I am correct that if I edit the weapon_data.xml file a bit that I can change the number of frags to whatever value I would like?

I've never gotten the hang of throwing them in GRAW1 or 2 (compared to the "pro" version of this game called "Ghost Recon") and having a bunch would be very nice for some practice.

We're up and running Chief. Still no sight for the eotech. I'm posting a video on my youtube account now for you to see the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dR68QcrHc

Possibly could be a video card issue. But, check your local/"folder"/gui directory. There could be a file over-riding the one it's suppose to use. There shouldn't be any files in the unzipped, unbundled version. Try removing any language directories in your local directory. In the local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory, there shouldn't be a gui directory, so something is either not being read or somehow over-riding it with the original crosshair_combatsight.xml

WOOOT IT WORKS THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

i am really happy right now lol

can't wait to play with the god mod more !

thank you !

btw

are you going to fix the weapon customization problem ?

the weapons dont show up when your choosing your weapons .....

and can i ask if your making any updates like new scopes or weapons later on ?

thanks again and i love your mod !

Edited by MrNothing

are you going to fix the weapon customization problem ?

the weapons dont show up when your choosing your weapons .....

and can i ask if your making any updates like new scopes or weapons later on ?

thanks again and i love your mod !

Glad you got something to work, but the weapons should show up. That seems to be an isolated problem a few people have. The best thing to do is probably unbundle the whole thing and run it as a local language only. Get rid of any other language folders you might have, may or may not help.

As for fixing it. I don't know how because I can't reproduce it...or what strange things people do with their directories. Multiple installs, registry settings, etc.

ummmmmm

can you explain how to unbundle it lol

and when i do

will it have like all of these files and folders like how they were when you released v1.3 with the M468 ?

if it is that would be nice because i want to make some modifications with the files like add more ammo and stuff

i was able to do it with the old mods =)

also forgot to ask lol

but how do you change the camo ?

theres a method were you go into the ghost_templates which i know of

but i cant fine where your suppose to but this into

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_10/camo_mine_xy_df"/>

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="1.32 1.15 0.85"/>

Edited by MrNothing

Yup. It's very easy.

1. Copy the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle into the local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory

2. Copy the bundler.exe from the public_tools\bundler into the local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory

3. Open a command prompt (under All Programs/accessories)

4. navigate to the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory to do this, type drive letter colon, ie c: or f: etc

cd changes dir, ie "cd games"

cd.. goes up a dir(or backwards if you like)

TAB finishes lines, ie type "cd gTAB...and it will fill in the closet match, like "ghost recon advanced warfighter 2"

dir will show you what's in the directory

5. once you get to the correct directory, type:

bundler extract -r bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 data

This will extract the folders, you should end up with 10(including the sound and movies).

6. edit the context.xml so the mod bundle is not used.

You can also do it from the run command. Navigat to the bundler and add the extract -r bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 data to it once you find it.

also forgot to ask lol

but how do you change the camo ?

theres a method were you go into the ghost_templates which i know of

but i cant fine where your suppose to but this into

<texture_switch material="camo" texture="self_illumination_texture" file="data/textures/atlas_characters/mul_camo_xy/camo_10/camo_mine_xy_df"/>

<color_switch material="camo" color="base_color" value="1.32 1.15 0.85"/>

I answered that question in post #19, second page. Edited by Brettzies

ummm

so for the command promt

would you write something like this

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 and then ?

sorry im kind of new to this =(

wish i knew how to do it pro-ly lol

This is how I'm unbundling via run command:

Start\

run.....

"C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\local\bundler.exe" extract -r bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle data

You should be able to just copy/paste that line into your run command box thingy and click OK, if your directory is in fact C:\Program Files\UBISOFT....

Actually mine isn't but I posted that since it's the most commonly used.

Edited by doubletap

I just started GRAW 2 so I don't mind reinstalling at all. I have a had habit of screwing up file directories.

:lol:

Obviously the first place to start is to copy/paste as much as possible, and avoid typing file names, strings, etc, LOL.

Edited by doubletap

First off, thanks heaps for another great mod Brettzies :thumbsup: . You've made me reinstall GRAW2 and definitely breathed some more life into the game. Anyway, initially when I installed this mod using the first method in the .pdf I had similar problems to what some others have been experiencing (after a fresh install and patching of the game). Specifically, I could not view Brettzies weapons/attachments in the mission loadout screen, and the new character models weren't showing up in-game. So after another fresh install/patch I tried the unbundle method and I can say that Brettzie's mod is all working perfectly now. I used a slight variation of whats been described here and copied the 8 unbundled folders plus the 2 others into my GRAW2\Local\English folder so I wouldn't have to change the context.xml. It ended up turning out great, but I'm not sure if it'll cause headaches later on if I try to add other mods... but yeah, anyone having problems should definitely check out debundling first. Hope this helps......

juuungle.

Edited by juuungle

First off, thanks heaps for another great mod Brettzies :thumbsup: . You've made me reinstall GRAW2 and definitely breathed some more life into the game. Anyway, initially when I installed this mod using the first method in the .pdf I had similar problems to what some others have been experiencing (after a fresh install and patching of the game). Specifically, I could not view Brettzies weapons/attachments in the mission loadout screen, and the new character models weren't showing up in-game. So after another fresh install/patch I tried the unbundle method and I can say that Brettzie's mod is all working perfectly now. I used a slight variation of whats been described here and copied the 8 unbundled folders plus the 2 others into my GRAW2\Local\English folder so I wouldn't have to change the context.xml. It ended up turning out great, but I'm not sure if it'll cause headaches later on if I try to add other mods... but yeah, anyone having problems should definitely check out debundling first. Hope this helps......

juuungle.

Thanks for you post. The bundling thing almost seems like it caused more headaches then it was suppose to alleviate. Though, it is strange how for some there are no problems and others it's like pulling teeth to get it all working correctly. Ideally, just the bundle with no local folders would be great, but that doesn't work either because of the sound and movie dirs. I'm still hoping patch 1.05 gets rid of the attachment id# limit and makes the bundle worthwhile. Otherwise, there is zero point in it for this mod.

I beg you not to have me explain it... :( j/k :lol: I just stumbled into it :yes: ...so I'll just post how my folders are set up. :thumbsup:

:lol:

That's one complex install. But if it works for you. You could just put everything in the English folder, that should work. Having things in the main data folder works I guess, but there's no way to disable it except for taking them out.

I am correct that if I edit the weapon_data.xml file a bit that I can change the number of frags to whatever value I would like?

I've never gotten the hang of throwing them in GRAW1 or 2 (compared to the "pro" version of this game called "Ghost Recon") and having a bunch would be very nice for some practice.

I tried this but it didn't seem to work. I guess this is not the correct file to edit, or is it even possible?

Btw... I freaking LOVE this mod!! The 552 sounds awesome!

^

Did you rebundle the file back into the mod or place it standalone in the local\English subdir?

<stats capacity="4" info="weapon_frag_grenade" clips="4" max_clips="20"/>

Stats capacity is the inventory page listing and clips is the actual loadout.

_____

Nice collection of weapons BP :thumbsup: ...but I was wondering, do you plan on possibly offering an optional set of "distressed" atlases in the future...they are almost too pretty to field.

^

Did you rebundle the file back into the mod or place it standalone in the local\English subdir?

_____

Nice collection of weapons BP :thumbsup: ...but I was wondering, do you plan on possibly offering an optional set of "distressed" atlases in the future...they are almost too pretty to field.

I was under the impression that it wasn't necessary to rebundle.

So I just left the file in: ... Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4\lib\managers\xml

Its not, or it shouldn't be, I was just curious as to where you put the edited file.

The \Local override should take precedence over the \mods dir...Brettzies allready has a patch out for those who want to edit some things without having to go thru the un-bundling routine.

http://files.filefront.com/bp+wpnPack+v14+...;/fileinfo.html

But I should probably leave this to him.

god im trying to unbundle it but it keeps giving me the "c:\program is not recognized

this is what im putting in the run ...

"C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\local\bundler.exe" extract -r bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle data

if some1 can just write down what im suppose to write in the command console that would be helpful as it keeps giving me an error when i do it =(

and it keeps saying it cant find program files which is starting to make me angry >=(

Edited by MrNothing

That's one complex install. But if it works for you. You could just put everything in the English folder, that should work. Having things in the main data folder works I guess, but there's no way to disable it except for taking them out.

ok...worked on first mission.

now for the bo-bo...I'll clean up the Data Folder...but forgot what is suppose to remain in the Data folder?

@GrinWolfsong...is it too early to say, that Breetz mod should be the standard or baseline of all coming mods?

I guess what I'm saying is, oblviously [GR] players like the looks and sounds...can most modders possibly make their mods...ie Special Agent's FEAR mod be made from Brettz. Or perhaps make a mod from Brettz with Clean Hud mod or no markers/trianlges.

this way the install would be easier for some of us.

thanks for all your time everyone...and thanks to all those who PM me. :thumbsup:

^

Okay. I thought I understood this, but clearly don't because no matter how I modify those numbers, I get no change in the number of frags.

<weapon_data unit="m61_thrower" name="m61_thrower" weapon_id="5" inventory_slot="extra_gear" inventory_slot_id="5" gui_unit="frag_grenade" price="120" network_disable="false" selectable_weapon="1" player_weapon="0" grenade="1" cal="m61">
<bar_stats accuracy="0" stability="0" weight="2" length="80" impact="0" slot_weight="1"/>
<mods front="false" top="false" bottom="false">
</mods>
<bio local="weapon_frag_bio"/>
</weapon_data>
[/code]

Currently the max number of frags is 1. So does this mean that 4 clips equals 1 frag? I changed this to 20 to try to get 5 frags, but nothing. I also tried to change the "stats capacity" to 20.

I am thoroughly confused.

^

I should have asked earlier but what game mode are you intending the edit for, because the weapon-data.xml is for SP. The stats tags are treated just like any other weapon, i.e., 4 "clips" = 4 grenades. For the other game modes you would have to edit the individual kits in the *_templates.xml.

@MrNothing: if you are still having problems with GRINs' bundler you can also use Nemons' BundleReader to extract the files.

Apologies to OP.